Shepparton gun show

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Shepparton gun show

Post by Noisydad » 25 Feb 2017, 10:23 am

There's still a few of Wile. E Coyote's ideas that I haven't tried yet.
Noisydad
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Re: Shepparton gun show

Post by No1Mk3 » 25 Feb 2017, 2:09 pm

Always worth a visit, some interesting stuff comes up at the country shows. Picked up a nice Finn issued Carcano folding bayonet last Shepparton.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Title_II » 25 Feb 2017, 5:05 pm

Gun shows here in the US tend to suck nowadays. They are great for cheap knives and beef jerky. But our days of massive gluts of surplus firearms and ammo are over. It's still a great way to kill a couple hours and run into hundreds of people that haven't showered. Sometimes you can get a used gun at a decent price but most of the new stuff is over MSRP. Oh, it is a good place to get cheap accessories. If you need cheap scopes, risers, mounts, magazine bandoleers, boxes of 50 year old holsters, cleaning tools, generic junk that you might not find all in one place at a gun shop or sporting goods store. Cheap gear does have some uses. don't get me wrong, they have the good stuff, but there are no deals.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by No1Mk3 » 26 Feb 2017, 12:26 pm

G'day Title_II,
I agree with you about most shows, the big finds like IMA's Nepal Cache are very few and far between now, and Bannermans but a fond memory for those lucky enough to have had access. Still these smaller shows such as Shepparton see some country dealers arrive with little treasures they've had in the back of the shop for years. Over your way in about 2-3 weeks is the Baltimore Antiques show which will see the American Society of Bayonet Collectors AGM, so many members will have tables at the show. For a bayonet collector like me that comes close to Paradise! (Or Poverty, not sure which) Cheers.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Supaduke » 27 Feb 2017, 6:41 pm

Looks like a screenshot from crime stoppers...
Supaduke
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Title_II » 27 Feb 2017, 11:44 pm

bentaz wrote:
1488183972889-9313096.jpg

I'll be there definitely saturday with a mate. thats my ugly mug above, would be cool to meet and say gday to any of you guys that are going also. If you see me say gday!

I thought you guys were upsidedown. Is the Earth's magnetic field flip finally happening? And where are the toes? I see no feet.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Noisydad » 28 Feb 2017, 5:07 am

Looks like I'll be there Saturday to. If you spot a 6' 2" shockingly handsome bald bloke drooling over old and busted stuff come say gidday.
Noisydad
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by darwindingo » 04 Mar 2017, 10:12 pm

bentaz wrote: I think we need to get some enough gun t-shirts so i can spot you guys in a crowd!

That's a very good idea :thumbsup:
“Accidental Discharges” DO NOT OCCUR !!

An "Unintended Discharge" is nothing more than the lack of appropriate safety procedures or the failure to follow them..!

I love my country, but fear my government.
darwindingo
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by Die Judicii » 04 Mar 2017, 11:02 pm

darwindingo wrote:
bentaz wrote: I think we need to get some enough gun t-shirts so i can spot you guys in a crowd!

That's a very good idea :thumbsup:

I'd second that. :thumbsup:

Geez Ben,,,, how do you get on when your asked to show your f/arms licence ??
:lol:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Noisydad » 05 Mar 2017, 12:16 pm

Knew I shouldn't have taken cash with me!
Noisydad
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Return to Off topic - General conversation