Moving safes.

Equipment and accessories for shooting. Safes, firearm storage, bipods, carry cases, slings etc.

Moving safes.

Post by Patty93 » 02 Mar 2017, 12:47 pm

Hi guys,

Just wondering what the go is with moving your gun safes. Not the legal components, but the physical way of doing so. I am in a rental, never said anything about the safe, obviously drilled into the ground in the garage, going to move, how have you guys gone about doing the safe removal? I am assuming i can just take off the bolts, then lift the safe off the top of them. Question is what do I do to clean up the job after that? Can I easily remove the dynamite bolts or am I gonna have to drill them out and fill them with a plugging cement?

Kind regards,

Patty
Patty93
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Re: Moving safes.

Post by bigfellascott » 02 Mar 2017, 12:49 pm

Cut them flush then some concrete to tidy up.
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by VICHunter » 02 Mar 2017, 3:00 pm

Cut them flush or grind a bit out to get them below the ground level. A spoon of concrete to fill in.

Or Selleys do a concrete filler in a calking tube thing I'm pretty sure. Check Bunnings.
VICHunter
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by pete1 » 02 Mar 2017, 4:07 pm

If the hole was deeper then the length of the bolts sometimes you can wack them with a hammer and plug the hole after.
22LR
12G
12G
12G
pete1
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 02 Mar 2017, 5:23 pm

pete1 wrote:If the hole was deeper then the length of the bolts sometimes you can wack them with a hammer and plug the hole after.

Yep +1
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by brett1868 » 02 Mar 2017, 6:49 pm

Done this a few times,
Lift the safe off, Pull the bolt up as far as possible and cut flush with an angle grinder, Punch the bolt back into the hole, Use a screw driver to collapse the cage, I've then been able to use long nose pliers or vise grips to pull the cage out and a strong magnet gets the bolt. Small bag of concrete from Bunnings mixed to the consistency of custard fills the holes nicely.
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Patty93 » 02 Mar 2017, 6:53 pm

cheers lads, much appreciated :)
Patty93
Recruit
Recruit