Why do I love guns ?

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Re: Why do I love guns ?

Post by Title_II » 11 May 2017, 12:19 am

Die Judicii wrote:Something that none of you have specifically mentioned so far is the love of quality or rather,,,, the feel of it.
Unfortunately these days so many firearms are so light, plasticy, rattlley, and loose it makes me wanna puke.

But then when you pick up something of real good quality, ie: timber, fit, finish, blue, etc, a blind man could drool.

I really appreciate a quality firearm. But all mine are weapons first and foremost. And plastic and rattley works. And I like that.

I have a few that were purchased for either their beauty or for sentimental reasons. And would make a blind man drool. All three of them are frightening, terrible weapons of death.

I bought a S&W Model 15 (Combat Masterpiece). It is beautiful, unlike my Glock. My Glock is for rolling around on the floor while I am working on my tractor. And somebody who knows I am weak sold me a $100 holster for the S&W. I wear it at BBQs, and for luck when my football team is playing. And I like to start wearing it in the summer. It has a bright, tan,.beautiful holster, with stitching that is almost the size of your boot laces.

You can't miss it. I was carrying it a couple years ago at a grocery store, waiting in the checkout line. A French couple came up behind me. My 7th grade French is absolutely gone. But I have spent enough time around the world, often unfriendly, to know what absolute panic is in many different languages. They eventually calmed down. I think it was pretty obvious I was not up to no good buying my hamburger and vegetables. They started chatting in their Frenchy language and I could tell they wanted to take a pic but were afraid. I should have greeted them but I was in a rush and in a bad mood. I should have stopped to smell the flowers. A few minutes with them probably would have enhanced their trip to America.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by brett1868 » 11 May 2017, 12:37 am

I'm planning to enhance my love of guns June 26th with a tour of the Weatherby factory. I'm a fan of all firearms but Weatherby & Sako are 2 of my favourites so getting to tour the factory in the U.S will be one of those once in a lifetime moments. Early the next morning I'm heading to Denver and plan to spend 3-4 hours at 5280 Armoury renting whatever machine gun gives me the biggest erection :)
I spent some time at the range last week with my Gamo .22 PCP air rifle alternating between it and a 460XVR S&W, tonight was rimfire pistol silhouette with Wylie27 & ItsMe. Saturday week with be load development up bush with the BR50 and maybe some 6.5-300WbyMag load development if it ever shows up. I don't care what I'm shooting, they all present their own challenges and it's the challenge that draws me to guns.
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Title_II » 11 May 2017, 7:33 am

brett1868 wrote:I'm planning to enhance my love of guns June 26th with a tour of the Weatherby factory. I'm a fan of all firearms but Weatherby & Sako are 2 of my favourites so getting to tour the factory in the U.S will be one of those once in a lifetime moments. Early the next morning I'm heading to Denver and plan to spend 3-4 hours at 5280 Armoury renting whatever machine gun gives me the biggest erection :)
I spent some time at the range last week with my Gamo .22 PCP air rifle alternating between it and a 460XVR S&W, tonight was rimfire pistol silhouette with Wylie27 & ItsMe. Saturday week with be load development up bush with the BR50 and maybe some 6.5-300WbyMag load development if it ever shows up. I don't care what I'm shooting, they all present their own challenges and it's the challenge that draws me to guns.

We'll be a better place while you are here.

Sounds like you might be moving around a bit. Let me know if you get near the East Coast. Machinegun, submachinegun, and silencer rentals are free at the Title_II Ranch. As is temporary lodging. (48 hrs tops, GTFO ;) )

Using an MG indoors is a waste of time and money. You want to blast the living crap out of stuff or knock cans down.

We can do night shoots at my buddy's house and use Tannerite.

Local range has MGs for rent and I have friends with belt feds. So if you are in the area you might consider a quick detour.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Die Judicii » 11 May 2017, 10:25 am

Anything that comes from the species "fire-arm" is the best pet ever. :thumbsup:

If only it didn't cost so much to feed them these days. :thumbsdown:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Title_II » 11 May 2017, 10:43 am

Aint that the truth.

Ammo was dirt cheap when I was a kid. And it's not a matter of general inflation, either. When a highschool kid can walk out with half a case of ammo and blast it all away in an afternoon, it's cheap.
Title_II
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Tiger650 » 13 May 2017, 10:08 pm

I have friends with belt feds.
Cheers Title, as a handloader on a single stage press an MG42 [drool] or whatever would surely keep me from making mischief in other ways.
Load all week and shoot on Sunday.
Tiger650
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Previous

Return to Off topic - General conversation