NSW Sound Moderator Application Package, hunters/PP/contract

Game hunting and large prey. Deer stalking, hunting with hounds. Boar, pigs etc., large prey, culling, hunting large feral animals.

Re: NSW Sound Moderator Application Package

Post by duncan61 » 29 Jul 2017, 4:35 pm

Just checked my in box oopppps
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by bladeracer » 29 Jul 2017, 4:37 pm

duncan61 wrote:If it is not logical or does not make sense.I dont play fair.You are 100% right but I am not going to take it.This forum does not support illegal activities however compare my .222 with its 22.2 grains of 2208 and 50 grain pill to the .243 that the others use with 35 grains of 2208 and 80 grain pill and the blast is about double.The fact that no one will ever find us is not the point.If there is a reason I cant adjust the muzzle blast I will listen but i will not just bend over cos someone said thats the way it is.Blade have you spent a lot of time in court.I have and treat it as a nice day out I suit up and have a nice lunch and defend what I believe in.I have no fear of authority and have a good understanding of the system.If its not affecting any one else whats the problem.Again I would not turn up at the range or hunt state forests with one

You agree that you are aware what you're doing is illegal...but you post here about it?

No, I have only had been in court twice that I can recall.
I agree, we should be free to do whatever we want if it doesn't affect others, but that's not the country we live in :-)
People lose their firearms for minor indiscretions, I'm not going to deliberately provoke them.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by duncan61 » 29 Jul 2017, 4:44 pm

good answer freo are going down in the footy.time to go out
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by bladeracer » 29 Jul 2017, 4:57 pm

duncan61 wrote:good answer freo are going down in the footy.time to go out

I have zero interest in footy, but my brother-in-law played for the Dockers, and won the Sandover :-)
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Chronos » 29 Jul 2017, 5:25 pm

bigfellascott wrote:
Daddybang wrote:Be very interested to see if they give them to rec hunters. :thumbsup:

Plenty have tried and just donated money to the NSW Govt Coffers - haven't heard of anyone getting one so far, not for rec hunting anyway.

Last I heard even pro shooters aren't getting applications processed, they just take their money and then never process their application :unknown:

Chances of a sporting shooter one approved are half way between not gonna happen and not on your life

Chronos
Chronos
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

New South Wales

Post by Daddybang » 29 Jul 2017, 5:53 pm

Yeah I've never even seen a true moderator in qld and the only person I've met who said they legally own one was a government contracted shooter. I would love to own one for the. 243 as I only have 80acres and I feel vaguely guilty whenever I use it as the neighbors are only about 700 Mtrs away. Not that they have ever complained. :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 29 Jul 2017, 6:08 pm

Daddybang wrote:Yeah I've never even seen a true moderator in qld and the only person I've met who said they legally own one was a government contracted shooter. I would love to own one for the. 243 as I only have 80acres and I feel vaguely guilty whenever I use it as the neighbors are only about 700 Mtrs away. Not that they have ever complained. :drinks:

I owned one legally in the early eighties in SA.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Gwion » 29 Jul 2017, 7:17 pm

Duncan. Discussing illegal practices is against forum rules and as you seem to be encouraging the unlawful use of sound moderators you might get a nasty surprise from forum moderators.
Just a heads up.
It's a no no: both what you are doing and also talking about it on this site.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by duncan61 » 29 Jul 2017, 7:50 pm

Agreed.I have found a paper on the subject that was compiled here at Edith Cowan Uni for NSW which is why you can now apply for this thing we speak of.I am going to ask questions here in W.A. about what is going on.We have SFFP representation here who I will write to now on this subject
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by WatchyShooter » 29 Jul 2017, 9:12 pm

duncan61 wrote:Agreed.I have found a paper on the subject that was compiled here at Edith Cowan Uni for NSW which is why you can now apply for this thing we speak of.I am going to ask questions here in W.A. about what is going on.We have SFFP representation here who I will write to now on this subject

That’s the way :drinks: I hate being in SA and seeing “local” SFFP branches more active then others, makes you want to get on them about the changes and you should
Firearm-less LAFO!
New shooter, guns to come soon!
WatchyShooter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by WatchyShooter » 30 Jul 2017, 12:13 am

QLD gearing up for a fight in QCAT after shooters being denied sound moderators.
https://www.lafo.com.au/cant-protect-he ... queensland
Firearm-less LAFO!
New shooter, guns to come soon!
WatchyShooter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by Daddybang » 30 Jul 2017, 7:04 am

WatchyShooter wrote:QLD gearing up for a fight in QCAT after shooters being denied sound moderators.
https://www.lafo.com.au/cant-protect-he ... queensland

Will be keeping an eye on this to see how it turns out thanks for sharing it watchy :thumbsup:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Return to Hunting - Game hunting and large prey