The 21st Century ADF

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

The 21st Century ADF

Post by JimmyS » 12 Aug 2017, 3:46 pm

I thought it was a joke,

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nationa ... 1502516147

"Of 50 Army jobs posted this week, only 15 are available to men."
Is this what this country has slumped to?

I was honestly lost for words, I wonder who wants this push?

4 Push-ups, 20 Situps to enter, this is a new low.
But my main issue isn't the fact that they are lowering standards to this level in our military, it's the fact that they have openly closed off jobs to men, in a roll traditionally better suited to men due to the physical aspect of it.
I understand women can be strong as well, but naturally men are almost always stronger, men don't have monthly bleeds, men don't need to wear tampons into battle.

I don't even know how to describe how disgusting, and perverse this is.
I do feel like this world is going absolutely crazy, and I also do not accept that the top brass wants this to happen.
Maybe I got in just before the PC Brigade really took hold, but surely it hasn't turned to this?
This story makes me sad for my country, our security, and moral ethics.

I won't get too political, but does anyone else see the issues with this? Or is it just me?
JimmyS
Private
Private

Victoria

Re: The 21st Century ADF

Post by duncan61 » 12 Aug 2017, 4:13 pm

Did 83-86 mainly in RAE Townsville .There were females in catering and signals and of course medical.On patrol if there is a bang everyone jumps on the girl to make sure she is safe,Takes a lot of training to get rid of that instinct.Do they have female submariners now?????????
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by JimmyS » 12 Aug 2017, 4:20 pm

Women are allowed in all front line rolls. (Gunner, Rifleman etc etc.)
Change came in a year or two ago.
JimmyS
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Ten » 12 Aug 2017, 4:26 pm

One can only imagine what the enemy would do with a captured female soldier.
Ten.
Ten
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Daddybang » 12 Aug 2017, 4:39 pm

I've known many female members of the adf thru my dad and my brother as bentaz said some were hard as f@#k and more than capable. But putting aside jobs for female entrants and lowering the standards to allow them to pass is bloody ridiculous they have to go through the same experiences as there male counterparts so they need to be trained in the exact same way to the exact same standard. Just my opinion :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Gwion » 12 Aug 2017, 6:09 pm

No issues with women serving in any role but do agree that there should be no slackening of entrance requirements. If you aren't up to the task then you need to get yourself to the level where you are; man or woman. Also don't agree that any job should listed as gender specific, military or civilian. A job should go to the most suitable candidate. Meet the requirements and get the job.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by AusTac » 12 Aug 2017, 6:26 pm

Bare in mind those are only the published "minimum" requirements to get through a recruiting PFA, those mean jack when you get dished out to a company, and if your in a combat role.. cowboy/girl up
Certified part time hillbilly
AusTac
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

-

Post by gazza » 12 Aug 2017, 8:11 pm

Feminists eventually ruin everything.
gazza
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by Gwion » 12 Aug 2017, 8:11 pm

Still. For minimum physical recruitment requirements that is pretty bloody slack. At least 10 Push ups and 20 sit ups to demonstrate you actually realise that some physicality is required.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Gwion » 12 Aug 2017, 8:34 pm

Good lord! I am fat and unfit and mid 40s and I'll bet I can still push myself to do 10+20 good ones.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by bigfellascott » 12 Aug 2017, 10:06 pm

I've got bad period pains sir, I can't fight today, what happens when a heap of em get knocked up or are they up to carrying a 110kg person on their back during combat situations?

This BS or equal opportunity is a crock of crap, the best person for the job should be the first and foremost requirement, no what's between ya bloody legs FFS!
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Oldbloke » 12 Aug 2017, 10:53 pm

"4 Push-ups, 20 Situps to enter, this is a new low."
Faaark, I'm 62, fat & looking for a job. Will knock on their door Monday.

PS I can use a rifle.

:lol: :lol:
Last edited by Oldbloke on 12 Aug 2017, 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by JimmyS » 12 Aug 2017, 11:15 pm

Oldbloke wrote:"4 Push-ups, 20 Situps to enter, this is a new low."
Faaark, I'm 62 & looking for a job. Will knock on their door Monday.

PS I can use a rifle.

:lol: :lol:

Hahahaha you'll be just fine Oldbloke, when I went through Kapooka I had a guy in my platoon in his early 50s, and he went through Kapooka in the early 80s, I s**t you not, he completed "The Challenge" and marched out.
He was a good bloke, had a bit of trouble with the rope climbing technique and didn't like our new 5.56 AUG (he went through with the big boy 7.62 SLR)
JimmyS
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by duncan61 » 12 Aug 2017, 11:35 pm

Super star.I liked SLR and greens.The plastic stuff and bubble pattern camo was just coming in when I left.I carried the Bren for the last year I was there.I was offered a Bren not that long ago for $1500.Not sure they will licence it for shooting green eye finch
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by Daddybang » 13 Aug 2017, 1:44 pm

duncan61 wrote:Super star.I liked SLR and greens.The plastic stuff and bubble pattern camo was just coming in when I left.I carried the Bren for the last year I was there.I was offered a Bren not that long ago for $1500.Not sure they will licence it for shooting green eye finch

Isn't the bren a full auto lmg? As such isn't it highly illegal to privately own one and has been for many many years? :unknown:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by duncan61 » 13 Aug 2017, 1:53 pm

I was joking
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by Daddybang » 13 Aug 2017, 1:59 pm

:thumbsup:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by duncan61 » 13 Aug 2017, 2:03 pm

It would be fun to pull out at the farm but even I am not that loopy
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by Daddybang » 13 Aug 2017, 2:07 pm

If it was legal I'd happily have one on the ute for mobs of pigs :twisted:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by duncan61 » 13 Aug 2017, 3:22 pm

Can I hold the camera
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by Gwion » 14 Aug 2017, 3:01 am

Daddybang wrote:
duncan61 wrote:Super star.I liked SLR and greens.The plastic stuff and bubble pattern camo was just coming in when I left.I carried the Bren for the last year I was there.I was offered a Bren not that long ago for $1500.Not sure they will licence it for shooting green eye finch

Isn't the bren a full auto lmg? As such isn't it highly illegal to privately own one and has been for many many years? :unknown:

Yes.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Gwion » 14 Aug 2017, 3:05 am

duncan61 wrote:I was joking

You do realise that these 'jokes' can be taken out of context and used to illustrate (wrongly) that the shooting community is full of people with no regard for the laws?

It is not a great idea and this is not the first time you have alluded to legally questionable practices on your part!
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Daddybang » 14 Aug 2017, 8:22 am

Gwion wrote:

You do realise that these 'jokes' can be taken out of context and used to illustrate (wrongly) that the shooting community is full of people with no regard for the laws?

It is not a great idea and this is not the first time you have alluded to legally questionable practices on your part!

Yep that's what those emoti things are there.
Back to the topic I was reading an article yesterday(it was a week old) where a feminist was talking about the special forces and how women are more than capable of filling this role. No worries with that but in the next breath she was complaining that the selection process was all geared towards men and it should be changed to make it easier for women to get thru :unknown: and she was saying this with a straight face

:crazy: :huh:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Gamerancher » 14 Aug 2017, 9:38 am

You want to talk about "equality" crap?
The NSW fire brigade has made it compulsory that 50% of all fire-fighters now employed are women, with a corresponding drop in selection standards so that they can pass. :allegedly:
Gamerancher
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

New South Wales

Post by bigfellascott » 14 Aug 2017, 9:39 am

Daddybang wrote:
Gwion wrote:

Yep that's what those emoti things are there.
Back to the topic I was reading an article yesterday(it was a week old) where a feminist was talking about the special forces and how women are more than capable of filling this role. No worries with that but in the next breath she was complaining that the selection process was all geared towards men and it should be changed to make it easier for women to get thru :unknown: and she was saying this with a straight face

:crazy: :huh:

:thumbsup: :clap: :drinks:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Oldbloke » 14 Aug 2017, 8:25 pm

Gamerancher wrote:You want to talk about "equality" crap?
The NSW fire brigade has made it compulsory that 50% of all fire-fighters now employed are women, with a corresponding drop in selection standards so that they can pass. :allegedly:

Political correctness gone made. Could easily cause safety issues in real life.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Gamerancher » 15 Aug 2017, 1:02 pm

Yeah, I have a mate that is a full-time firey. He reckons there is now way some of them would be able to carry him out of danger if anything ever went wrong.
Gamerancher
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

New South Wales

Post by 9line » 15 Aug 2017, 7:38 pm

Diversity is compromise. Tell me, would you be comfortable with your national defense force being compromised?

This whole thing is a sick joke.
9line
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by doc » 16 Aug 2017, 6:03 pm

Doesn't anyone else think it's strange how many countries in the West have had their leaders make decisions to actively undermine their defense force. (I can't think of a bigger example than Obama at present).

I reckon this is part of the true agenda of Political Correctness - not to actually be correct and 'nice', but to bring about major illogical change that would otherwise be slammed down with an excuse of it being PC, equality, or whatever 'current social warrior trend' they put on it to serve a 'who knows what' purpose.

Never used to consider myself a tin foil hat person, but after PM my suspicion level's gone up a few notches to say the least.
doc
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by JimmyS » 16 Aug 2017, 6:59 pm

doc wrote:I reckon this is part of the true agenda of Political Correctness - not to actually be correct and 'nice', but to bring about major illogical change that would otherwise be slammed down with an excuse of it being PC, equality, or whatever 'current social warrior trend' they put on it to serve a 'who knows what' purpose.

I get what your saying. I've been observing more and more, all this crazy change happening at a rapid pace, illogical change that makes no sense, surely this isn't normal? I won't go too loopy here, but what your saying is logical to anyone with a sane mind that can see a little more into things, than just what is in front of them.
JimmyS
Private
Private

Victoria

Next

Return to Off topic - General conversation