Feedback request - Replies and pagination

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Re: Feedback request - Replies and pagination

Post by darwindingo » 05 Oct 2017, 8:56 pm

I hear you OB

I understand we are a family friendly forum, But perhaps a WAYNE KERR emoji would fit the bill... EG.... An emoji with one arm way bigger than the other may be discrete enough to achieve the objective ? perhaps :D :lol:

Anyone around here make these emoji's up ????

If it fitted the bill, it may be a possibility ? ... What say you Aster and the boys ?

:drinks:

Jeff
“Accidental Discharges” DO NOT OCCUR !!

An "Unintended Discharge" is nothing more than the lack of appropriate safety procedures or the failure to follow them..!

I love my country, but fear my government.
darwindingo
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by Kenny » 06 Oct 2017, 2:08 pm

I think it is great the way it is.. :)
Kenny
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Supaduke » 07 Oct 2017, 9:02 pm

I would like something similar to a "like" button so I can show appreciation for a rifle photo etc. Without having to actually type something. I'm sure people like to know their efforts at contributing are appreciated.
Last edited by Supaduke on 12 Oct 2017, 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Supaduke
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 07 Oct 2017, 10:08 pm

Geeez mate i'm still sorting the computer out i'm 63 i'll be dead before I sort out a change not enough years left '' LOL ''
Nah, mate it's just fine the way it is for me

Cheers
Member-Deleted

Post by SomeoneElse » 08 Oct 2017, 5:30 pm

In other forums which I frequent I've seen a a per-thread "all" option. E.g. [1] [2] [3] [all]. If such an [all] worked in conjunction with the search.php?search_id=unreadposts I think that would be great. I often view on a mobile using the "unread posts" link at the top of the forum. When I've been away for a few days and there are multiple pages of catch-up reading to do, I find navigating to the subsequent pages using the [1] [2] [3] at the bottom of the page a bit fiddly on the small screen. Clicking an [all] which jumps me to the first unread post for that thread and loads the whole thread would be great. Page load time is less of a concern than loading multiple pages to get through the thread.

I also find the "View first unread post" icon (small one to the immediate left of the thread title) a bit small. I have to zoom in so my fat fingers don't accidentally/inaccurately click the thread title. Making that icon a bit bigger would be appreciated.

As per others' sentiments, thank you for this wonderful forum. I don't post much, but I've learned heaps for the collective wisdom, and get a great giggle out of the group dynamics. You're all great characters!

Someone Else.
SomeoneElse
Recruit
Recruit

-

Post by Aster » 12 Oct 2017, 6:12 pm

Stix wrote:* a 'top of page' button at the bottom of the page would be good-particularly if posts per page are increased.

Oldbloke wrote:add... a link at the bottom to the top of the page.

Think l suggested this some time ago.

You did. I've been meaning to add that for a while.

It's done now.
See you on the firing line.
Aster

-

Post by Aster » 12 Oct 2017, 6:17 pm

darwindingo wrote:If it fitted the bill, it may be a possibility ? ... What say you Aster and the boys ?

I have to admit mate, I'm kind of anti-emoji as they've long since gotten out of control IMO.

There are currently 2,666 official emojis :roll:

They're just creating them for the sake of themselves now :lol:

A minimal, useful collection is the way IMO. In general I'd say that I'd have to be convinced a particular emoji was more useful than just token if I was to add it.
Aster

-

Post by Aster » 12 Oct 2017, 6:19 pm

Thanks to everyone for their feedback.

I won't address it all point by point, but everything has been read and is being taken into consideration.

Seems I was a bit off the mark in my assumptions. I'll do a little more evaluation on the numbers and other options like an 'all' link etc. and see what might work.

I'll give the icon sizes for mobile a once over as well.
Aster

-

Post by Oldbloke » 12 Oct 2017, 6:33 pm

Should change your name from Aster to
"e star" 8-)

E is for excellence. :thumbsup:
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by darwindingo » 12 Oct 2017, 8:17 pm

Aster wrote:
I have to admit mate, I'm kind of anti-emoji as they've long since gotten out of control IMO.

There are currently 2,666 official emojis :roll:

They're just creating them for the sake of themselves now :lol:

A minimal, useful collection is the way IMO. In general I'd say that I'd have to be convinced a particular emoji was more useful than just token if I was to add it.

Fair call Aster..

So when will we see the "pat on the admins backs emoticon" appear mate ? :P I'm convinced that one would be considered useful by most of the members and get plenty of use around here.. :thumbsup:

Keep up the great work..

:drinks:

Jeff
“Accidental Discharges” DO NOT OCCUR !!

An "Unintended Discharge" is nothing more than the lack of appropriate safety procedures or the failure to follow them..!

I love my country, but fear my government.
darwindingo
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by Oldbloke » 12 Oct 2017, 10:00 pm

Back to top,,,,,, I love the boy. Yep "e star" :wtf: bit jumbled that.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Aster » 14 Oct 2017, 11:50 am

darwindingo wrote:So when will we see the "pat on the admins backs emoticon" appear mate ? :P

Well obviously that one's critical, I'll get on it ASAP :lol:
Aster

-

Return to Off topic - General conversation