An interesting offer to speak about shooting

Target shooting and range information. Competitive shooting, ranges, competitions, clubs and events. Free shooting targets.

Re: An Interesting Offer

Post by Gamerancher » 15 Nov 2017, 3:15 pm

Sungazer wrote: "It is a bit of a strange industry there doesnt seem to be any type testing or standards that have to be met by any manufactures or part manufactures" :huh:
Really? You've never heard of SAAMI? or C.I.P in Europe? (They have been proof testing firearms and ammunition since the 16th century.)
All small arms and ammunition manufacturers are held to very strict manufacturing standards and testing.

"In my club there is an old bloke that has made his own barrels even sold them. i saw one of them in use only a few weeks ago it shot as well as any custom high end barrel manufacture. I was very surprised"
Or, is he simply buying a rifled barrel blank and chambering, profiling and fitting?
Also, it is illegal in some Australian states to modify a firearm unless you are a licenced dealer or gunsmith.

I'd be staying well clear of a bunch of "old blokes" missing eyes from blowing up Omarks. :unknown:
Gamerancher
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

New South Wales

Post by Baronvonrort » 15 Nov 2017, 7:15 pm

Gwion wrote:
Also, maybe avoid letting on that you are possibly The biggest gun nut in Australia! :lol:

I always thought of him as a nut with the biggest gun :lol:
Baronvonrort
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Gwion » 16 Nov 2017, 8:12 am

Gamerancher wrote:
I'd be staying well clear of a bunch of "old blokes" missing eyes from blowing up Omarks. :unknown:

:lol:
Me too!
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Wylie27 » 16 Nov 2017, 2:13 pm

Baronvonrort wrote:
Gwion wrote:
Also, maybe avoid letting on that you are possibly The biggest gun nut in Australia! :lol:

There has to be something.. met his wife.. cant be his looks or personality thats for sure :lol:
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by brett1868 » 16 Nov 2017, 3:52 pm

Wylie27 wrote:
Baronvonrort wrote:
Gwion wrote:

There has to be something.. met his wife.. cant be his looks or personality thats for sure :lol:

Funny buggers, the lot of you :lol:
My closest colleagues in the office are aware of my passion for all things that go bang and my boss is a closet gun lover. I'm pushing him to get licensed so he can talk less and shoot more, ill pass him the forms to fill in after the presentation.

Yes, I could be considered nuts I guess as it comes from sitting on a pair of them each day. Old age is cruel that way :(

Wylie27 has met the Ukrainian Princess and she didn't marry me for my looks or personality. I think it had a lot to do with my ability to breathe through my ears :allegedly:

Presentation has been done and forwarded to management for review & approval. I took a bit from everyone that contributed to this thread and I appreciate the input even if I haven't thanked you by name. Let's hope the effort results in a better understanding of our sport and maybe some license applications :clap:
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Gwion » 17 Nov 2017, 5:06 am

Good luck with it, Brett. Hope it goes well a nd you have fun with it.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Previous

Return to Target shooting - Competitive shooting - Shooting ranges