Your shooting year in reveiw

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Re: Your shooting year in reveiw

Post by marksman » 01 Jan 2018, 12:38 pm

the pinnacle of 2017 for shooting wise was shooting a 10 point red stag :D
I've seen bigger and always let them go but I wanted this one, shot at 300 with my trusty 30-06
coming a very close second and only because I'm selfish is my son's first ever rabbit, headshot from his 17 ackley at 110 yards :thumbsup:
don't know how many shots were fired last year 2017 but it is never enough :drinks:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Daddybang » 01 Jan 2018, 6:38 pm

Hey marksman have ya seen anyone about that thing on ya face? Must make it hard to shoot!!!!! :lol: :drinks:
Nice antlers :thumbsup: :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by marksman » 01 Jan 2018, 8:35 pm

it's a barstard Daddybang, I even passed it on to my boy :lol: :lol:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Stix » 01 Jan 2018, 9:03 pm

Hey marksman, did your lad's first bunny kick its way down the warren after he shot it...?
Or do you use him as a ferret to chase the bunnies out...?
Cos by the looks of his legs he went down warren to get it... :lol:...

Seriously though, 110yd head shot is a fine effort for a first bunny...! Good on him (& proud dad)...!!

(Wish i had a hornet...)
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by brett1868 » 03 Jan 2018, 8:38 pm

I got flagged by Homeland Security when I tried getting an export permit for 20mm Vulcan Cannon brass cases. It's no secret I'm working on getting an Anzio 20/50 and this was part of that project. Since the permit was denied and Border Force want a B710 which will probably get refused I've put the 20/50 on the backburner....for now :)

The 204 Ruger case in the demister occurred after popping a giant bunny in the back of the skull and 3 of his mates sticking their heads up for a look see. A rapid cycling of the bolt saw the offending case ejected towards the windscreen and straight into the vent, a word of advice is in order. Never shoot a .204 from inside a vehicle through the passenger window without hearing protection....trust me on this one.
As for efforts to retrieve the offending piece of brass...I have tried, vacuum, compressed air, tubes with sticky stuff on the ends, endoscopic cameras, driving real fast and jumping on the brakes (both forwards and backwards) with the vent selector in every position. So far nothing has worked, the friggen thing continues to rattle and make noise every time I brake, accelerate or drive on bumpy roads. One way or another I will fix it :)
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Gwion » 03 Jan 2018, 9:11 pm

^^^
Haha hahaha...
Fun and games. :lol:
Gwion