Netflix recommendations

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Netflix recommendations

Post by juststarting » 08 Mar 2018, 10:18 pm

Hello TV addicts and procrastinators. I call upon you, for some Netflix recommendations. Preferably something lite watching, shooting/guns/hunting. Something I can watch on a train to work...

N.B.
MeatEater - watched.
Life Below Zero - up to date.
---
https://reloadingstudio.com
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Re: Netflix recommendations

Post by YoungBuck » 09 Mar 2018, 3:34 pm

I don't recall seeing ANY shooting/hunting related shows...
It'll shoot the fleas off a dog's back at five hundred yards, Tannen, and it's pointed straight at your head!
YoungBuck
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Wylie27 » 09 Mar 2018, 3:39 pm

Well there is meat eater which i love and the hunt. Both on netflix au.

Also not netflix but look for rhe outdoors channel for shooting things. Vpn connection required.
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by on_one_wheel » 09 Mar 2018, 3:48 pm

I signed up for Netflix for the free trial period.
Very quickly found that there was no shortage of B grade rubbish on there and it drained data like it's going out of fashion.

The Digital HD viewing made it weird to watch ... almost like you were watching some kind of test run for the real thing :unknown:

I did enjoy watching Edge Of Tomorrow :thumbsup:
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by juststarting » 09 Mar 2018, 3:50 pm

:thumbsup:
---
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by Gaznazdiak » 09 Mar 2018, 4:02 pm

My recommendation for Netflix is give it a miss.
Why pay for what you can find free on the net with some looking.
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by juststarting » 09 Mar 2018, 4:10 pm

Why would I want to waste my time looking, when I can pay someone to look for me ;)
---
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by Bigjobss » 09 Mar 2018, 4:22 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:I signed up for Netflix for the free trial period.
Very quickly found that there was no shortage of B grade rubbish on there and it drained data like it's going out of fashion.

The Digital HD viewing made it weird to watch ... almost like you were watching some kind of test run for the real thing :unknown:

I did enjoy watching Edge Of Tomorrow :thumbsup:

Edge of tomorrow is well underated, excellent even, heres a fun fact for ya its based on a japanese comic called All You Need Is Kill, how much of a better title would have that been!

Best hunting and outdoors stuff apart from MeatEater is on YouTube, I watched an Innuit family home video the other day where they drove around in monster trucks hunting Carribou, raw and amateur in all its real glory.
Bigjobss

Post by Cryptic » 09 Mar 2018, 6:56 pm

I have a 2 year VPN plan so I flick between countries and see what content netflix has we dont here. Same with Amazon Prime video. Wont pay foxtel a F'in cent the mongrels.
Cryptic
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Hugh » 10 Mar 2018, 5:53 am

Did you see the episode of meateater where he gut shot the grizzly at long distance?The look on his guides face said it all when he realized he going to find a wounded bear in heavy scrub a lot editing went on.
Hugh
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Wylie27 » 10 Mar 2018, 7:10 am

Hugh wrote:Did you see the episode of meateater where he gut shot the grizzly at long distance?The look on his guides face said it all when he realized he going to find a wounded bear in heavy scrub a lot editing went on.

I think was the episode where he and his mate + the crew ended up with Trichinosis from eating under cooked bear meat. If you listen to his podcast he goes into great detail about it.
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Bigjobss » 10 Mar 2018, 10:39 am

Wylie27 wrote:
Hugh wrote:Did you see the episode of meateater where he gut shot the grizzly at long distance?The look on his guides face said it all when he realized he going to find a wounded bear in heavy scrub a lot editing went on.

I think was the episode where he and his mate + the crew ended up with Trichinosis from eating under cooked bear meat. If you listen to his podcast he goes into great detail about it.

There was also the recent double episode on his podcast "Meat Tree Volume 1 & 2" where they were on Afognak Island packing out a moose I think and sat down to have a sandwich, guns packed away, and got attacked by a 10ft bear, one of them during the chaos somehow actually ended up on the back of the the bear, suprisingly no one was hurt.
Bigjobss

Post by bigfellascott » 10 Mar 2018, 12:26 pm

Happy people - A year in the Taiga is an interesting show to watch.
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by taffy4x4 » 10 Mar 2018, 1:09 pm

the ranch, godless, travellers, or if you want something thats so bad it's good watch schitt creek or the good place
Life is not a test drive
taffy4x4
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by juststarting » 10 Mar 2018, 2:08 pm

taffy4x4 wrote:the ranch, godless, travellers, or if you want something thats so bad it's good watch schitt creek or the good place

Up to date with Travellers. Excellent show. Also good: Sens8 - probably one of the best shows I've watched.
---
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by Ben78 » 10 Mar 2018, 4:12 pm

Try https://www.carbontv.com/ Its just purely outdoor TV. If you have a xbox/playstation you can install it as an app or just watch it via your PC. https://www.carbontv.com/shows/solo-hunter/ Solo Hunter is excellent, really worth the watch especially the NZ based episodes.
Ben78
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by andreweden » 10 Mar 2018, 9:43 pm

Altered Carbon
The Method (if you can do subtitles)
Mind hunter
Ozark
Occupied
Nobel
Killjoys
Narcos
Animal Kingdom
Norsemen
Dark
Dirk Gentlys Holistic Detective Agency
Black Mirror

PS: I travel a lot for work.......
andreweden
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by juststarting » 10 Mar 2018, 10:15 pm

andreweden, thanks!

I am up to date with a couple of those, but the rest will add to the list. Should be enough to investigate.
---
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by Hugh » 24 Mar 2018, 11:30 am

Wylie27 wrote:

I didn't but when I was in AK and helping some locals skin a bear they insisted I wear the rubber gloves just for that reason.
Hugh
Private
Private

Victoria

Return to Off topic - General conversation