FCSA 1000yd Australian Titles 2018

Target shooting and range information. Competitive shooting, ranges, competitions, clubs and events. Free shooting targets.

Re: FCSA 1000yd Australian Titles 2018

Post by COLLECTOR 1 » 16 Apr 2018, 8:59 pm

Having read all that the only thing I can say...and it's based on experience just like yours is that your the winner.... I've seen this sort of crap over 40 odd years of shooting.... narrow minded people with narrow minded ideas. They wonder why the sports dying and shooting disciplines are struggling.....

Your better than me... 50bmg is no lightweight.
Go near my missus.... you may live but I doubt it
Wise crack at my misses... your broken in half........ but you may live

Your having a bad day at the bench.... suck it up...the man with the 50 is all over you... so shoot better dick head....

And finally..... the time you have with your young man just shows how much of a father you are compared to the narrow minded people with the narrow minded ideas ".........and like I said it's based on experience....just a different discipline and 40 years apart....

I'll get off my box now...lol

PS... my boy is now 24 and out shoots the narrow minded people alllllllll dayyyyyyy

Collector 1
More Brno's than you can poke a stick at..!!!!
COLLECTOR 1
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by brett1868 » 16 Apr 2018, 10:04 pm

I appreciate the support guys, I did feel a bit like a dick by packing up and leaving. I swapped a few messages with Wylie27 and thought to hang around and let the results do the talking but after a good nights sleep I figured there'd just be more stupid comments. I used to compete years ago and gave up due to this exact same type of behaviour. I won't give up on the caliber, still plenty of feral cats out there needing to be vaporised :) A couple of positives came from the trip, I got some good chronograph data to analyse, I met the owner of Reloaders Haven (Nice guy), put some faces to names of people I've dealt with on the ART&T Facebook page and I didn't get a wet ass having to shoot on Saturday :) Just disappointed that the dik head factor has infiltrated what I considered one of the most friendly and social comps of the year though probably my biggest disappointment was the trial by other competitors and lack of decisiveness from officials.

The boy did well tonight, didn't shoot himself or an RSO and I was even complimented by the RSO on his technique and control. Won't be long and he'll be smashing chickens with myself, Wylie27 and the gang :)
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by sungazer » 16 Apr 2018, 10:26 pm

I was just to write something along similar lines Brett. Put aside the personal insults and jibes that is just bad manners, sportsmanship and just stupid.
However they way it was handled by the organizer was absolutely wrong and again very poor. I have never heard of a protest before an event has begun. The organizer should of asked the complainant what his concern was and told him if he still felt the same way after the event to put in a protest. The organizer should then of come to you and had a private word telling you that there were concerns over such and such. it could of been discussed perhaps a compromise made. At least a suggestion made that if it was done in this manner it would be much clearer under the rules if a protest was made.
Very unprofessional handling of a competition.
Personally I know rules can become very pedantic to the point of senseless. I am more about the spirit of the rules especially when making any judgment if a line has been crossed.
In the recent competition between Australia and New Zealand a protest was put in again about a rear rest or more the plate under the rear rest which the rules state"must be no more the 2 inches bigger on each side of the bag" well the guys bag was not perfectly square or rectangle through design and use. and it was a bit thiner at the front than the back but the plate was rectangle. the silly thing here is that there is not size specification on the rear bag rest it could be 4*4 or 8*8 and the plate under it can be 2 inches bigger on each side. the was no specifying that the bag had to only have 4 sides if it had eight sides according to the rules the plate could be bigger by 2 inches on each side. The problem was the guys bag was old and did not have well defined sides. Thankfully the protest was thrown out.
How the guy making the protest could make such a petty claim astonishes me, what was there to gain?

Anyway sorry to hear it happened to you Brett and it was so poorly handled. It will be a bad memory that will take a long time to heal. It would eat me up. perhaps that's the game plan of some of these bogans and hacks. It does the sport no good at all. I am sure that they are jealous that you meticulously put such a good rifle together.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by brett1868 » 16 Apr 2018, 11:26 pm

Technically in "Unlimited" class there is only 1 rule.....Why there was any debate about anything remains a mystery to me. Get the calipers out, measure the bullet and leave me alone.

From the rule book for "Unlimited Class Fifty Caliber"
Any barreled receiver that fires a bullet with a diameter of .510/.511 inches and that's it....no other rules apply.

The rules they were pointing at were for an entire different class - "Hunter Class".
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by sungazer » 17 Apr 2018, 8:17 am

That makes it even worse. When looking at the American site I thought some of those shooters must be in another class altogether some look like the Benchrest Unlimited class (The rail gun) some really big heavy guns with small ladies behind them not shouldering the gun.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by Bent Arrow » 17 Apr 2018, 9:35 am

What a bunch of sooks. Sad to hear
Bent Arrow
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

South Australia

Post by bigfellascott » 17 Apr 2018, 9:36 am

brett1868 wrote:Technically in "Unlimited" class there is only 1 rule.....Why there was any debate about anything remains a mystery to me. Get the calipers out, measure the bullet and leave me alone.

From the rule book for "Unlimited Class Fifty Caliber"
Any barreled receiver that fires a bullet with a diameter of .510/.511 inches and that's it....no other rules apply.

The rules they were pointing at were for an entire different class - "Hunter Class".

Yeah sounds like it - hopefully they will get their s**t together. :thumbsup:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Gwion » 17 Apr 2018, 12:48 pm

Well.... i guess they saw 5 shots into less than 8" at 1000 and just sh@t themselves! :lol:

Very disappointing fir you Brett. Why is it that shooting comps attract so many petty whingers who mistake their ambitions for their abilities!??! :unknown:
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Return to Target shooting - Competitive shooting - Shooting ranges