What's Going On ?

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

What's Going On ?

Post by bigpete » 17 Apr 2018, 4:44 am

What's going on with adding photos ? Has something been changed recently ? I've tried to write a story and add photos from my phone a couple of different times in the last week and whenever I go to add the photo it tells me its an invalid document,even though I'm taking them from the same place I have been since I first joined the forum. Anyone else have the same problem or any idea what's going on ?
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Re: What's Going On ?

Post by Oldbloke » 17 Apr 2018, 5:59 am

As they say, size matters. Check the image size. You may have change the camera settings on the phone.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bigpete » 17 Apr 2018, 6:29 am

Yeah it must be something with my stupid phone now as I can't post pictures on other forums now either. f***ing stupid piece of s**t !!!!!
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 17 Apr 2018, 6:57 am

bigpete wrote:Yeah it must be something with my stupid phone now as I can't post pictures on other forums now either. f***ing stupid piece of s**t !!!!!

Good chance you have changed from low quality to a high quality setting. I think about 500kb is the biggest you can up load
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Supaduke » 17 Apr 2018, 1:25 pm

I use an app called "Photo and Picture resizer"
simple, straightforward and does what it says
Supaduke
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by marksman » 17 Apr 2018, 3:29 pm

Imgur is a good easy one to use :drinks:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 17 Apr 2018, 4:37 pm

bigpete wrote:What's going on with adding photos ? Has something been changed recently ? I've tried to write a story and add photos from my phone a couple of different times in the last week and whenever I go to add the photo it tells me its an invalid document,even though I'm taking them from the same place I have been since I first joined the forum. Anyone else have the same problem or any idea what's going on ?

I can't imagine trying to write a "story" on the bloody phone, takes me twenty minutes to send a text :-)
I stepped into the future a couple weeks ago, retiring my Nokia N95 8Gb for a Samsung S8+ Edge.
The camera is stunning, but the files are huge, over 6Mb if there's a lot going on. I just open them in "Edit" and resize them to 40% to be able to upload them here due to the 2Mb limit.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bigpete » 17 Apr 2018, 5:54 pm

IMG_20180417_171810.jpg
That works !
IMG_20180417_171810.jpg (282.07 KiB) Viewed 1856 times
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel