Can I move to Perth with all my guns?

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Re: Can I move to Perth with all my guns?

Post by juststarting » 24 Apr 2018, 10:37 am

Maybe
---
https://reloadingstudio.com
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by Supaduke » 24 Apr 2018, 11:00 am

Well at least it's not Adelaide....
Supaduke
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 24 Apr 2018, 11:13 am

Daddybang wrote:As for wa all I can say is "south hedland" what a jewel!!! :lol: :drinks:

'74 to '80 in South Hedland :-)
Baler Primary School and South Hedland High.
27b Clam Court, good times as a kid.
Back then we were one street from the Bush, where we spent much of our time. They were just starting to clear it and lay in the underground services when we went to Perth. I expect it's all built up by now.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by brett1868 » 24 Apr 2018, 12:13 pm

juststarting wrote:I welcome the wall. Hang some targets up, plink at it with my Alfa :)

Ill be on the direct opposite side plinking with a fifty...we can have a game of chicken :lol:
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by juststarting » 24 Apr 2018, 12:30 pm

So are you going to have it in a folding stock? :P
---
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by Wylie27 » 24 Apr 2018, 1:08 pm

Only girls and trex’s need folding stocks!
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by juststarting » 24 Apr 2018, 1:13 pm

Ye ye
---
juststarting
Captain
Captain

Victoria

Post by Die Judicii » 24 Apr 2018, 1:22 pm

Supaduke wrote:Well at least it's not Adelaide....

OH yeah,,,,,,, lets start on Sth Aus.

Why do people always spell that capital city as "Adelaide",,,,,,,,,,,,

When it is actually Addle Aide as in, a fizzy drink made from fermented whoopi weed.

:lol: :lol:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Wylie27 » 24 Apr 2018, 1:24 pm

DJ aint got no time to start on SA, we cant afford a wall that big!
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Daddybang » 24 Apr 2018, 2:27 pm

bladeracer wrote:
Daddybang wrote:As for wa all I can say is "south hedland" what a jewel!!! :lol: :drinks:

'74 to '80 in South Hedland :-)
Baler Primary School and South Hedland High.
27b Clam Court, good times as a kid.
Back then we were one street from the Bush, where we spent much of our time. They were just starting to clear it and lay in the underground services when we went to Perth. I expect it's all built up by now.

It was probably much nicer in the 70's these days it's not the arsehole of the country. ..but ya can see it from there!! :lol:
Some amazing places around it though!! :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Daddybang » 24 Apr 2018, 2:30 pm

Supaduke wrote:Well at least it's not Adelaide....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 24 Apr 2018, 3:14 pm

Daddybang wrote:It was probably much nicer in the 70's these days it's not the arsehole of the country. ..but ya can see it from there!! :lol: Some amazing places around it though!! :drinks:

I doubt it was very pleasant for adults back then, pretty much everybody was an alcoholic. It's where I grew up seeing neighbours and friends dealing with alcohol-fueled domestic violence. I believe it's the reason I never got involved with alcohol.

I did go through a few times when I was working in the Kimberley in the early nineties, didn't look very nice then, but a huge step up over Meeka :-)

Just had a look on Google Earth and our house has been bulldozed, about time too. Was an old timber-framed, asbestos-lined cyclone-proofed house up on stumps. Our 500m walk to Baler was through bush, now it's all houses.

I first got into firearms as soon as we moved to Perth, when mum got us into the Police & Citizens Youth Clubs and Army Cadets. But times changed pretty quickly around the early eighties regarding firearms. We moved to country SA where hunting and shooting became everything to me. But moving back to Perth, getting a non-competition rifle licence was not easy, but much easier than trying to get an open licence, unless you knew property owners. Many people joined rifle clubs to get licenced, then went hunting with their club-licenced firearms, which was illegal. I had people advising me to do the same, but I already had a handgun licence - too much to lose in my opinion. On the other hand, handguns were very easy to get into so I got into IPSC instead of hunting. My brother sent me some of my rifles across which I swapped to my dealer for IPSC stuff.

Unless you know property owners in WA, or are interested in competition shooting, I don't see any value in owning rifles there. I don't know if having property letters from interstate is acceptable in WA, but I doubt it. ACT is similar, no hunting except on private property, which is hard for hunters that hunt in NSW. I would recommend contacting WA Firearms and ask them what is involved. I was told (by Firearms Branch) that you can't maintain a WA licence if you don't own any firearms, I expect they lied to me, but if you can keep your licence I would do so - having to get it back again would be a royal pain in the arse.

Be aware that firearm and ammunition storage is different to everywhere else. Bullets and brass are classed as "ammunition", requiring the same level of security as your firearms, and requiring a licence to possess. You can only possess ammo components for firearms you have on your licence. Borrowing other people's firearms requires adding them to your licence.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by brett1868 » 24 Apr 2018, 4:41 pm

Ah...Adelaide, the city of churches and where old people go to die.
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Die Judicii » 24 Apr 2018, 4:57 pm

Deye 243 said how about tearing down the dotted line and pushing WA across to Africa where it belongs.
I'd go along with that,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and while we're at it, how about slicing Victoria and ACT into strips that could be distributed out to NSW, Qld, and NT to be utilized as road side stops. (courtesy of the late great Slim Dusty)

At least then Victoria could be useful,,,,,,,, and we wouldn't have the hassle of politicians.

:D :D :D
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Wylie27 » 24 Apr 2018, 6:00 pm

brett1868 wrote:Ah...Adelaide, the city of churches and where old people go to die.

Adelaide - Australias Florida..
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Gwion » 24 Apr 2018, 6:46 pm

At least move somewhere with drinkable water in your old age!
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Oldbloke » 24 Apr 2018, 8:44 pm

Gwion wrote:At least move somewhere with drinkable water in your old age!

Explains the crappy beer.
Coopers exempted.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Gwion » 24 Apr 2018, 9:26 pm

The sediment in Coopers help to fine out the Murray River mud. I think they use buckets straight from the River to avoid the ghastly treatment system! ;)
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by junjun » 25 Apr 2018, 8:51 am

Suddenly I understand the meaning "Off Topic"
junjun
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Stoney » 25 Apr 2018, 4:33 pm

WA is the second Hammer&Sickle State.. NSW of course, is the Crown Jewels of Communism.
Stoney
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Gwion » 25 Apr 2018, 7:37 pm

junjun wrote:Suddenly I understand the meaning "Off Topic"

:lol: :drinks: :lol:
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Die Judicii » 26 Apr 2018, 11:36 pm

junjun wrote:Suddenly I understand the meaning "Off Topic"

Sorry Mate, I know the thread got hijacked but, I gathered you'd already gotten your answers any how.
:drinks: :friends: :thumbsup:
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Grumpy » 12 May 2018, 3:52 pm

bladeracer wrote:Unless you know property owners in WA, or are interested in competition shooting, I don't see any value in owning rifles there. I don't know if having property letters from interstate is acceptable in WA, but I doubt it. ACT is similar, no hunting except on private property, which is hard for hunters that hunt in NSW. I would recommend contacting WA Firearms and ask them what is involved. I was told (by Firearms Branch) that you can't maintain a WA licence if you don't own any firearms, I expect they lied to me, but if you can keep your licence I would do so - having to get it back again would be a royal pain in the arse.

Be aware that firearm and ammunition storage is different to everywhere else. Bullets and brass are classed as "ammunition", requiring the same level of security as your firearms, and requiring a licence to possess. You can only possess ammo components for firearms you have on your licence. Borrowing other people's firearms requires adding them to your licence.

In WA you are licensed for each individual firearm you own or are a co user of, hence why if you don’t own any firearms you don’t maintain a license. You need to belong to a club for pistols as you wil require club sponsorship to obtain a license. If your current club has affiliation with a WA club this may make it easier(something that might be worthwhile enquiringly about).
As stated, brass is considered ammo so is required to be locked away.
Some of the LGS do assist with property letters so this may also help.
Grumpy
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by duncan61 » 13 May 2018, 9:13 pm

It can be done and is well worth it
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Next

Return to Off topic - General conversation