Buying your own shooting block?

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Re: Buying your own shooting block?

Post by bladeracer » 03 Jun 2018, 6:05 pm

duckhead wrote:I put a thread up recently asking the same question (property at Omeo/Swift Creek). I didnt spend any time looking through this forum for similar questions.

A syndicate to purchase a hunting property is a very intresting concept.

There are some really good examples of this been done before. There is a island off Port Whelspool (Vic) which was purchased by a group of hunters. Its really successful but is managed really well to. Very strick rules.

A farmer in SA who has brought property after property setting up conservation, wetlands, deer hunting. He sells the hunting. Wetland and Wildlife i think.

What we need is 50 shooters with $100,000. Buy a large scale farming property to lease out and convert to hunting. Say a big property in Moulemin or Wakool. Along both sides of the rivers. Set up rice farming to hunt ducks and introduce deer to breed and hunt. Lease the farming to local neighbour.

50 shooters $5,000,000 to purchase property. Would need lawyer to set-up contract. It could be run like the Island syndicate property at Port Welshpool.

Thoughts??????

I think 50 is too small a number. If you're all joint partners I'd rather see at least a hundred people involved, preferably more.
But the idea is good.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by sungazer » 03 Jun 2018, 6:40 pm

I am not to sure about it myself. However I am always a skeptic and pretty conservative when it comes to those sort of things. Timeshares have certainly had their issues since the concept started.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by Bills Shed » 03 Jun 2018, 6:40 pm

My thoughts are revolving around all those zeros. Love the idea, it would need to pay for itself as there is the government taxes and there will be insurance etc. I live on some land and there is always maintenance. Terms and conditions would all have to be upfront. If you can make it happen, more power to you.
Bill
Swaging your own projectiles is the ultimate in flexibility.
Bills Shed
Corporal
Corporal

Tasmania

Return to Off topic - General conversation