Ron Owen's Thoughts for the week. Gun ownership & ETC

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Re: Ron Owen's Thoughts for the week. Gun ownership & ETC

Post by Oldbloke » 23 May 2018, 8:21 pm

Daddybang wrote:
Oldbloke wrote:If your not happy with our system you could:

Live in a cave in the bush. OR
Change your vote. OR
Move over seas. OR
Have a revolution.

Simple.

The missus won't let me live in a cave
My vote doesn't seem to make any difference
I don't have the money to live overseas. ...

Really only leaves one option!!!! :lol: :lol: :drinks:

There is one on every forum. You gotta laugh. Ill pay that. :lol: :lol:
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 23 May 2018, 8:21 pm

Oldbloke wrote:If your not happy with our system you could:

Live in a cave in the bush. OR
Change your vote. OR
Move over seas. OR
Have a revolution.

Simple.

wonder if the NRA would sponsor me as a migrant ....... :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Heckler303 » 23 May 2018, 9:32 pm

bentaz wrote:Genesis has come back, as hekler303.2

There's a certain way of writing....WHICH I TRY NOT TO DO...

IT involves making lots of dots...THEN SCREAMING THE POINT

most of these thoughts are provoked by nothing else...BUT CONCENTRATED ALCOHOL

Am I getting close?
If something doesn't work, apply rule .303!
Title_II wrote:If you carry a fun in Australia you will go to jail.
Heckler303
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Tasmania

Post by brett1868 » 23 May 2018, 11:31 pm

bentaz wrote:I vote we move overseas and have a revolution in a cave in the bush!

I'll join you brother :thumbsup:
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Daddybang » 24 May 2018, 6:30 am

brett1868 wrote:
bentaz wrote:I vote we move overseas and have a revolution in a cave in the bush!

I'll join you brother :thumbsup:

A revolt in the bush is better than a revolting bush!! :) :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Rod_outbak » 24 May 2018, 6:55 am

About 14 years ago, I was driving down the road (hesitate to call it a highway) towards Mundubbera (QLD), and heading South(down through Gympie, to Brisbane).

I was in our old Landcruiser ute, which tended to run out of puff on any of the hills, so ended doing some time behind various cars.

About 80kms North of Mundubbera, I came up behind an army landrover; all painted up in camo, and decked out with all the appropriate army accessories. As it was slightly faster than me on the hills, I ended up following the vehicle for some kms.
I just assumed I'd run into the tail end of an army convoy, so resigned myself to a slow trip until they stopped somewhere..
After a while, my brain started to notice odd things about the army vehicle. It didnt have quite the right roof shape, and the gear on the back was a bit dated for current army issue.
Then, it hit me; That wasnt an army Landrover.
It was an old HJ40(45??) series SWB wagon; decked out in modern army paint scheme.
Throgh the rear windows, you could see there was also camo webbing over the cargo area behind the seats.
The effort taken to make this car look like something it never was, was kinda weird.
I eventually got a section of road where I could overtake.
As I came up beside the driver, I'm pretty sure it was Mr Owen, and he was glaring at me like I'd just raped his best pet cat..
[I'm guessing he was suspicious I'd been following him for 20 minutes so far...]
He's also decked out in army camo, complete with camo cap.
No idea where he was coming from (burying a fresh corpse?), but I coaxed as much power as I could from the old Landcruiser, and made sure I didnt see him again.

Kinda struck me as freaking weird.

I've read a little of his diatribe, and as other people have mentioned, there is a mish-mash of solid points, mixed in with some very questionable stuff.
One thing that I'd point out, is that I dont think the automatic ownership of any minerals under the soil, was ever the case in Australia. He quotes that at one point, that you owned everything to the core of the earth, but I dont think Mother England ever allowed this in Australia.
Yes; rights of freehold landholders has been eroded badly in the past 30 years alone, but I doubt the ownership of anything under the earth has ever defaulted to the landholder.
[Basing that on having read a lot of newspaper articles on the settlement of this area (CW QLD), and discussions of land ownership and rights was a common theme in the 1880's.]
---------------------
Sharing the extreme love with cats in Outback QLD
Rod_outbak
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Daddybang » 24 May 2018, 7:19 am

If I've remembered correctly prior to the mid 1800's mineral rights were granted to the landholders excepting gold and silver(the royal metals)
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 24 May 2018, 10:45 am

Clearly there are some smart, bored people out there. :lol:
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Gaznazdiak » 24 May 2018, 11:55 am

Rod_outbak wrote:About 14 years ago, I was driving down the road (hesitate to call it a highway) towards Mundubbera (QLD), and heading South(down through Gympie, to Brisbane).

I was in our old Landcruiser ute, which tended to run out of puff on any of the hills, so ended doing some time behind various cars.

About 80kms North of Mundubbera, I came up behind an army landrover; all painted up in camo, and decked out with all the appropriate army accessories. As it was slightly faster than me on the hills, I ended up following the vehicle for some kms.
I just assumed I'd run into the tail end of an army convoy, so resigned myself to a slow trip until they stopped somewhere..
After a while, my brain started to notice odd things about the army vehicle. It didnt have quite the right roof shape, and the gear on the back was a bit dated for current army issue.
Then, it hit me; That wasnt an army Landrover.
It was an old HJ40(45??) series SWB wagon; decked out in modern army paint scheme.
Throgh the rear windows, you could see there was also camo webbing over the cargo area behind the seats.
The effort taken to make this car look like something it never was, was kinda weird.
I eventually got a section of road where I could overtake.
As I came up beside the driver, I'm pretty sure it was Mr Owen, and he was glaring at me like I'd just raped his best pet cat..
[I'm guessing he was suspicious I'd been following him for 20 minutes so far...]
He's also decked out in army camo, complete with camo cap.
No idea where he was coming from (burying a fresh corpse?), but I coaxed as much power as I could from the old Landcruiser, and made sure I didnt see him again.

Kinda struck me as freaking weird.

I've read a little of his diatribe, and as other people have mentioned, there is a mish-mash of solid points, mixed in with some very questionable stuff.
One thing that I'd point out, is that I dont think the automatic ownership of any minerals under the soil, was ever the case in Australia. He quotes that at one point, that you owned everything to the core of the earth, but I dont think Mother England ever allowed this in Australia.
Yes; rights of freehold landholders has been eroded badly in the past 30 years alone, but I doubt the ownership of anything under the earth has ever defaulted to the landholder.
[Basing that on having read a lot of newspaper articles on the settlement of this area (CW QLD), and discussions of land ownership and rights was a common theme in the 1880's.]

Yep.
Old Ronny speaks from the blurter.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_mining_law
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Return to Off topic - General conversation