Spika Gaiters - Boot strap?

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Spika Gaiters - Boot strap?

Post by juzzbott » 22 May 2018, 6:33 pm

Hey all,

I recently bought a pair of Spika gaiters and I'm going to give them a try out tomorrow.

One thing I've noticed however is that they don't have the straps that go under the sole of the boot. There are little tabs where I could tie cord to for it, but I'm just wondering if there is something else these are for... just seems weird that they don't have them with them.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Justin
juzzbott
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Re: Spika Gaiters - Boot strap?

Post by Bigjobss » 22 May 2018, 7:02 pm

Ive got two pairs of gaiters, not Spika, and always noticed the one without the strap ride up my leg.
Not sure what the tabs are but I would be using them to tie on some elastic from Spotlight, or even a velcro loop might be better.
Bigjobss

Post by RoginaJack » 22 May 2018, 8:32 pm

this might throw some light on the subject.

My gaiters have a strap around the instep and a hook on the front to attach to the laces. Came from SeatoSummit.

http://www.aussieferalgamehunters.com.au/?page_id=3140
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Bigjobss » 22 May 2018, 8:52 pm

That makes plenty of sense, much better logic than an undersole loop prone to wearing.
Bigjobss

Post by RoginaJack » 23 May 2018, 10:23 am

The undersole loop works best if the boots have a distinct heel whereas the modern boots have this one piece sole thingy..
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Return to Off topic - General conversation