Trust me. .I'm a copper!!!

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Re: Trust me. .I'm a copper!!!

Post by bladeracer » 31 May 2018, 9:00 pm

Ziad wrote:What I meant was instead of having KPIs (say quotas) that they are judged by... decrease the bureaucracy and let them actually spend more time doing real policing.

What we need is more visible police presence. OB the road and when requested. A good example, a couple years ago we'r were having a party and a friend was turning into our driveway and got hit by oncoming car. We called the cops and told them that the outthey person was drunk, and guess what no one showed up

The problem is that our current Police force no longer serves the community, they're all tied up trying to turn ordinary people into criminals because it's far easier to convict us and they make more money out of us. Real criminals cost too much to chase down and prosecute, and if they convict them then they cost money to house. The rest of us get busted for speeding 2km over the limit, parking five minutes too long, having a loose .22LR rolling around the back of the ute, etc, pay our fines (to pay the prosecutors' salaries) and save up for the next ridiculous offence to be enacted. Last year Victoria brought in a law to make it legal for a motorcycle rider to take one foot off the footpeg to stretch his leg - WTF? The implication is that Police have been busting so many riders for stretching their legs that they had to make a new law!
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Stix » 31 May 2018, 11:45 pm

I just had a moment of lesdixia...

A quick glance at the thread title & i thought this was a topic about Cooper rifles being trustworthy... :lol:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Daddybang » 01 Jun 2018, 6:28 am

Good on ya stix!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by wanneroo » 01 Jun 2018, 7:07 am

bladeracer wrote:
Ziad wrote:What I meant was instead of having KPIs (say quotas) that they are judged by... decrease the bureaucracy and let them actually spend more time doing real policing.

What we need is more visible police presence. OB the road and when requested. A good example, a couple years ago we'r were having a party and a friend was turning into our driveway and got hit by oncoming car. We called the cops and told them that the outthey person was drunk, and guess what no one showed up

The problem is that our current Police force no longer serves the community, they're all tied up trying to turn ordinary people into criminals because it's far easier to convict us and they make more money out of us. Real criminals cost too much to chase down and prosecute, and if they convict them then they cost money to house. The rest of us get busted for speeding 2km over the limit, parking five minutes too long, having a loose .22LR rolling around the back of the ute, etc, pay our fines (to pay the prosecutors' salaries) and save up for the next ridiculous offence to be enacted. Last year Victoria brought in a law to make it legal for a motorcycle rider to take one foot off the footpeg to stretch his leg - WTF? The implication is that Police have been busting so many riders for stretching their legs that they had to make a new law!

That seems to be the main interest of police in Australia now is harassing the general populace with ninny nonsense stuff to generate revenue.

No surprise the Victoria Police would get caught doing this. They lost the plot a long time ago.

I have to say I am quite the militant anti drunk driver, but the RBT checkpoints in Australia to me are a waste of time and money and it harasses the general public. Why are we blowing into a tube if I don't look or act or smell of alcohol?
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Gaznazdiak » 01 Jun 2018, 10:55 am

Daddybang wrote:
No1Mk3 wrote:OK Folks,
To be blunt, there are no such things as quotas. Period. But having said that, and this comes from a Senior Sergeant with Traffic Operations, every type of offense has an average, and if a patrol or operation falls below average so be it, a quiet shift. But if anyone consistently turns in a below average their Sergeant is going to ask them to explain, are they working or parking up for a snooze? The pressure is on to perform to or above the average,

Fair enough but if they are willing to fudge the figures because the pressure is on what are (some) willing to fudge when the pressure is on to solve a crime :unknown: :unknown: :unknown: :drinks:

Damn right!
A lot of people tend to hold the naive belief that police, and prosecutors, will always act in a 100% legal, honest way but there have been at least 13 cases in the 20th century, that we know of, of people jailed for murders they didn't commit.
How many more are there, fitted up with lesser charges that never reach the public eye?

The institutional dishonesty we are seeing in this case may not be a serious miscarriage of justice, but it speaks to a general feeling in police forces that being seen to be "doing the job" is more important to them than getting it right.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of ... #Australia

https://www.timebase.com.au/news/2017/A ... ticle.html
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 02 Jun 2018, 5:45 pm

Blade I completely agree with you on that. That's what I mean the cops are forced to become extra tax collectors. And don't get me started on citylink.... that's the biggest con currently basically we paying on average 4k in tax into private company coffers..... but while media cries about politician A wasting 1k on getting their dog chauffeured no one complains about signing us up for 30 years of this tax

And I heard that they can now concre you if any part of your body is outside the car...I like to rest my arm on the window and get a breeze in.... natural air conditioning
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Daddybang » 05 Jun 2018, 7:33 am

Ziad wrote:And I heard that they can now concre you if any part of your body is outside the car...I like to rest my arm on the window and get a breeze in.... natural air conditioning

That's been the law for years. I copped a fine drving through ballina in 98 for having my elbow outside the car!! :drinks:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by trekin » 05 Jun 2018, 8:29 am

Daddybang wrote:
Ziad wrote:And I heard that they can now concre you if any part of your body is outside the car...I like to rest my arm on the window and get a breeze in.... natural air conditioning

That's been the law for years. I copped a fine drving through ballina in 98 for having my elbow outside the car!! :drinks:

Copped the same, back in the late '70,s, middle of winter, 5 degrees outside, windows up, heater blasing away, three witnesses in car, had arm resting on door inside closed window, 17 yo driving panel van. Nothing said about passenger in the back of van unrestrained.
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 05 Jun 2018, 9:11 pm

Fk this is fun police at its worst honestly... i reckon it's the next best feeling to actually riding a bike.... plus save petrol and make environment better as less pollution not running the ac
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Tiger650 » 06 Jun 2018, 6:50 pm

Much intelligent comment and much of that pissed off at the smoke and mirrors BS that is modern government.
I am wondering why Vicroads [or whatever today's name is] is doing paying Vicpol to do RBT ?
This smacks of bureaucratic empires within govt.
Modern Govt, particularly in Victoria, is a very self absorbed entity, bloody La-La land writ large.
Federally we see the state lavishly funding "socially progressive" non govt "think tanks" [Grattan Institute for one] to gin up new ways to fleece us of our hard earned.
Sugar tax ? what a splendid idea, we can sell that one to the proles !
Napoleon once stated to the effect that there was no such thing as poor soldiers, only poor Generals, that is true but do not hold your breath waiting for any of the bloody apparatchiks to be held accountable.
My sympathies to the General Duties Copper who would rather keep tabs on the local criminals than do an RBT quota.
Tiger650
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Tiger650 » 07 Jun 2018, 7:32 pm

And this ex WA's finest.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-06-07/p ... ap/9845200
That would be their version of our Traffic Operations Group I reckon.
Our TOG includes jail tatt bogans who relish the "authority" and see lying to fit up a motorist as SOP.
Shades of the NSW Highway Patrol where many years back I was booked [quiet guilty] by a bloke who stepped out of his "Interceptor" dressed in motorcycle leggings, jodhpurs, leather jacket and leather cap and mirror sunglasses.
He plainly lived in a cartoon.
Quiet probably he was justifiably bashed at High School for being a Dobber and rather than absorb the lesson and mend his ways he made it a profession, the small trappings of power and authority delegated to him by grubs whose malevolence he could never understand would gratify his a deficient soul.
Two years back I got fitted up for $350.00 and 2 points by a shrewish female Victoria TOG thing, across the web of her left hand, which she proudly displayed across my drivers side door sill was a crude tattoo B.O.H.I.C.A .
To the initiated that is a crude ghetto message Bend Over Here It Comes Again.
s**t like that is a symptom of the arrogance of the state, to hire someone who would not be patronized in a low brothel and given the Glock and authority of the state speaks volumes of their contempt for ordinary folk.
Tiger650
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 10 Jun 2018, 11:07 am

Ziad wrote:I think... yet again we (media especially) is looking at the symptom not the real issue. I suppose it's very easy for a manager to make kpi and keep "stats" to say how wonderful they are doing things even though the stats are meaningless. It gets worse when the kpi are made by outside agencies or ppl who don't have any real world experience. (In this case apparently TAC).

In the case of cops it's all too easy to blame speed or drink driving (or similar simple reason) for the cause of every accident and then create rules where cops waste their time doing speed checks or breath tests when the real reason will always be more complicated like not driving to the conditions or fatigue (I suppose fatigue is harder to detect).

Added to that instead of serving and protecting the public or governments have made cops more into tax collectors.

Thus these ppl under pressure from management to do XYZ number of breath tests... do what any normal human will do...fudge or skimp. Yes you can call them dodgy but I think I rather blame their managers and politicians getting them to do this work instead of what they should be doing

Well said :thumbsup: unrealistic expectations on those in the field by chair warmers. :thumbsdown:
Member-Deleted

Post by Gaznazdiak » 28 Aug 2018, 10:14 am

Police 'kept weapons to plant on suspects, kidnapped officer': ex-cop's affidavit
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-08-28/v ... s/10169560
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Daddybang » 28 Aug 2018, 2:45 pm

Gaznazdiak wrote:Police 'kept weapons to plant on suspects, kidnapped officer': ex-cop's affidavit
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-08-28/v ... s/10169560

F@#k me and I thought Qld coppers "really know how to lose their jobs" 8-) . And these Will be the same pricks that jump up and down when they don't receive their "due" respect. I feel sorry for the honest coppers who deal with the fallout from this type of sh@t :crazy: :drinks:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Gwion » 28 Aug 2018, 3:03 pm

I can't remember how long ago but the St Kilda cop shop was found to have a good sized stash of illegal guns hidden in the ceiling.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 28 Aug 2018, 3:29 pm

Cops are human so I suppose we are bound to get a reasonable number of dodgy cops over the years.
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Gaznazdiak » 20 Nov 2018, 7:54 pm

Another Nazi motherfecker, a true hero and credit to the uniform.

Cvnt.

'This is the person you trust': Cop draws gun on pensioner, pepper sprays her dog
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-11-20/p ... g/10419258
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by TassieTiger » 21 Nov 2018, 7:23 pm

Power tripping fukn wanker...
Wouldn’t you love a few minutes alone without repercussions...fu%* head should be exported to the USA.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Next

Return to Off topic - General conversation