Cats

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Re: Cats

Post by Gaznazdiak » 08 Jun 2018, 12:29 pm

bigfellascott wrote:
Gaznazdiak wrote:http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-06-07/truckie-saves-pet-feral-cat-attack/9846240

I saw someone post that on AHN, it reminded me of the time I was hunting ducks and rabbits along the turon river when I spotted a rabbit, so jumped out of the dingy and headed over to some blackberries to poke my head up to have a shot at the rabbit, next thing I know is this bloody huge strippy grey cat with no tail came launching over the top of me and too off, which I did soon after as it scared the crap out of me, it's the biggest moggy I'd ever seen, sure as wasn't a standard house moggy I can tell you that. :shock:

G'day Scott,
Maybe he had is eye on the rabbit and was telling you to watch out :D.
I've often wondered where environmental selection pressures will take the feral cats, particularly in remote areas like the Blue Mountains. The biggest buggers, like that one, are going to get more nooky than the smaller ones, we might end up with them tackling sheep one day.
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by bigfellascott » 08 Jun 2018, 12:53 pm

Gaznazdiak wrote:
bigfellascott wrote:
Gaznazdiak wrote:http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-06-07/truckie-saves-pet-feral-cat-attack/9846240

I saw someone post that on AHN, it reminded me of the time I was hunting ducks and rabbits along the turon river when I spotted a rabbit, so jumped out of the dingy and headed over to some blackberries to poke my head up to have a shot at the rabbit, next thing I know is this bloody huge strippy grey cat with no tail came launching over the top of me and too off, which I did soon after as it scared the crap out of me, it's the biggest moggy I'd ever seen, sure as wasn't a standard house moggy I can tell you that. :shock:

G'day Scott,
Maybe he had is eye on the rabbit and was telling you to watch out :D.
I've often wondered where environmental selection pressures will take the feral cats, particularly in remote areas like the Blue Mountains. The biggest buggers, like that one, are going to get more nooky than the smaller ones, we might end up with them tackling sheep one day.

Yeah Mick I think that's exactly what he was doing there, bloody made the hairs stand on end I can tell ya, had me thinking it was some sort of escape it was that big, I wish I'd had a pic of it but it happened that quick, it went one way and I went the other :lol:

It makes you wonder what is out there that we haven't seen yet, anythings possible in the Blue Mountains, lots of hard to get to places that probably haven't seen any humans in them at all, god knows what lurking in there. :unknown:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by YoungBuck » 12 Jun 2018, 1:16 pm

Any updates on this mystery? Did you end up finding out if it was a cat?
It'll shoot the fleas off a dog's back at five hundred yards, Tannen, and it's pointed straight at your head!
YoungBuck
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Gaznazdiak » 12 Jun 2018, 1:44 pm

YoungBuck wrote:Any updates on this mystery? Did you end up finding out if it was a cat?

Yep big fluffy cat.
Picture on page 1 of the Trail Cam thread
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Gaznazdiak » 13 Jun 2018, 9:16 am

Amid sightings and claims of a cover-up, could the Lithgow panther actually exist?
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-06-13/c ... st/9116232
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Return to Off topic - General conversation