Whats for lunch...?

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Re: Whats for lunch...?

Post by marksman » 20 Apr 2020, 4:50 pm

your a great cook Stix you would make any wife proud of you :drinks:

them poached eggs are my third attempt, one of the good things about being in lock down is learning new tricks :thumbsup:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Stix » 23 Apr 2020, 4:14 pm

Ecobogan wrote:

Ok it's awake and moving and looking at me like I've got 4 heads.
Here goes

One well hung Hare
salt and pepper, to season
2 tbs olive oil
2 onion, diced
50g butter
2 cup (500ml) liquid beef stock
2 tbs dijon mustard
2 tbs Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp sweet paprika
1 tsp dried thyme
4 tbs tomato paste
500 g mushrooms, whole (or more depending size of your cooker and Hare)
1 cup sour cream

1). One clean Hare delivered to kitchen

2). Cut the hare into about 6 pieces. It isn’t very different from cutting up a chicken. SEASON well

3). Heat 1 tbs of the olive oil in a frying pan over high heat. Add one or two pieces to pan, sear for 30 seconds each side. Don't let it stew you bastards. Transfer seared pieces to slow cooker and sear the rest with the remaining olive oil

4).Add the butter to the frying pan and allow to melt. Cook the onion for 2-3 minutes (al dente). Add to the slow cooker. 

5). In a bowl, mix together the beef stock liquid, dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, sweet paprika, dried thyme and tomato paste. Pour into the slow cooker and stir. 

6). Cook for 8 hours on low or 5 hours on high. 

7). At Half time add the mushrooms. 

8).With 30 minutes remaining, stir through the sour cream 

Serve Fettuccine with extra little dollop of sour cream, flat leaf parsley, cracked pepper and a glass of Shiraz
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Stix » 30 Apr 2020, 10:17 pm

So...

First night of the year to fire up the combustion heater....good thing i cranked it for couple of hours before dinner to let the burnt dust smell escape the room before dinner.

Speaking of dinner...i thought what a better way to go than a couple of Scotch n dry's to help warm the room, & a good feed of winter hunted Hare pie with a plate full of sweet spud smash & vegies...!!!... :clap:

20200430_205711.jpg
Hare Pie
20200430_205711.jpg (2.31 MiB) Viewed 5737 times

Couldnt be bothered putting the cover/facia back on the heater...the Hare pie was too good to leave...!!

20200430_210449.jpg
You beauty...!!
20200430_210449.jpg (2.14 MiB) Viewed 5737 times

Yea baby...!!

Got me eff'd why the pic is sideways--its right way up on my side of the technology... :unknown: :?

:drinks:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by JimTom » 01 May 2020, 6:07 am

I love a feed of hair pie. Looks a bit different to your hare pie though. :lol: :lol: :lol:
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by AussieCapitalist » 01 May 2020, 3:24 pm

I had a servo pork riblet. Those things kick like a 50BMG.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Stix » 01 May 2020, 7:30 pm

AussieCapitalist wrote:I had a servo pork riblet. Those things kick like a 50BMG.

If a pork chop is doing that to your shoulder....your eating it wrong...!!
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Previous

Return to Off topic - General conversation