Visitors Permit for Shooting in the NT

Questions about Northern Territory gun and ammunition laws. N.T. Weapons Control Act.

Visitors Permit for Shooting in the NT

Post by wags2477 » 11 Jan 2014, 7:53 pm

G'day,
Some advice please. My 19 yo son is licensed in NSW, and will be working on a fishing vessel in the Gulf from late March to December.

The vessel is registered in Cairns, but works out of Gove in the NT, and Karumba in QLD.

They may go ashore if the weather is lousy and take the opportunity to shoot pigs etc on land with permission in the NT mostly and in QLD.

What does he have to do with respect to permits? I have read there is a 3 month visitors permit for the NT.

CHEERS
WAGS
wags2477
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Re: Visitors Permit for Shooting in the NT

Post by Spooner » 12 Jan 2014, 10:29 am

I live in the NT so never had to do it myself, though have had mates come shooting from interstate and am pretty sure they just called the NT registry and gave their details over the phone - shooting license #, issuing state, and the number of FA they would be bringing.

It just needed to be on the books so if a NT copper has to confirm the details they're there waiting for him. Give them a call anyway...

Northern Territory Firearms Policy & Records
Ph: (08) 8922 3543
Fax: (08) 8922 3540
Email: FirearmsRegistry@pfes.nt.gov.au

I couldn't say for Queensland, but here are they contact details anyway. Hopefully it's just as simple...

Queensland Weapons Licensing
Ph: (07) 3015 7777
Email: weaponslicensing@police.qld.gov.au
Spooner
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Northern Territory

Return to Northern Territory gun laws