WA Firearm Law Reforms - Monday 16 October announcement

Questions about Western Australian gun and ammunition laws. W.A. Firearms Act 1973.

Re: WA Firearm Law Reforms - Monday 16 October announcement

Post by Coxy383 » 28 Jun 2024, 1:59 pm

moopere wrote:
mickb wrote:They will eventually get all this sort of legislation through everywhere and the reason itsnt because people dont fight back its because people actually support such legislation. While they may not like it in relation to guns... they will happily support a law to leash dogs, fence backyard pools, mandate eperbs in boats and pay thousands extra for airbags whether you want them or not.

if you felt a twinge of dissapproval at anything I typed just remember someone is having the same twinge when you say gun control needs to slow down.


Mmm. This!

What is the logical conclusion to all this? Ultimately, its a state of affairs where there will be no freedoms, none, not even things we'd regard as trivial today. Everything becomes a 'privilege' not a right. Every single thing you do, from birth to death, every trivial part of life, will have someone, somewhere, objecting for one reason or another and if there are no overriding principles at play then ultimately you'll be in the box (ala the Matrix movie pods) eating the liquified bugs.


There is no answer now. It's confirm or put your "freedom" at risk. While people say it no-one will actually fight the police. You will be arrested, loose your job maybe your kids. As soon as they are at your door 99% will comply. 1% will straight up be arrested and go to prison.....I'm just happy I live extremely rural while it won't change what happens have a little bit more freedom with 100000s acers of forest and farms around. But very happy I'm not younger to tell the truth
Coxy383
Recruit
Recruit
 
Posts: 17
Victoria

Re: WA Firearm Law Reforms - Monday 16 October announcement

Post by alexjones » 28 Jun 2024, 3:20 pm

I have always hated commie trade unions but I was rather impressed how during the scamdemic they were protesting against the government lockdowns and things heated up rather intensely outside the shrine of remembrance and the CMFEU headquarters. They stood up for the basic human right to freely go about their business and not be deemed "non essential".
alexjones
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
 
Posts: 246
Queensland

Re: WA Firearm Law Reforms - Monday 16 October announcement

Post by bigrich » 28 Jun 2024, 6:41 pm

alexjones wrote:I have always hated commie trade unions but I was rather impressed how during the scamdemic they were protesting against the government lockdowns and things heated up rather intensely outside the shrine of remembrance and the CMFEU headquarters. They stood up for the basic human right to freely go about their business and not be deemed "non essential".


The enemy of my enemy is my friend….
User avatar
bigrich
Major General
Major General
 
Posts: 4679
Queensland

Re: WA Firearm Law Reforms - Monday 16 October announcement

Post by mchughcb » 28 Jun 2024, 7:47 pm

alexjones wrote:I have always hated commie trade unions but I was rather impressed how during the scamdemic they were protesting against the government lockdowns and things heated up rather intensely outside the shrine of remembrance and the CMFEU headquarters. They stood up for the basic human right to freely go about their business and not be deemed "non essential".


They just didn't want the jab. To maintain their authorized worker status they had a deadline to get it, like the police snd nurses. So they went and protested. Meanwhile the rest of Victoria were not authorized, were in 23 hour lockdown, were not paid job keeper and had to draw down on leave and pay taxes.
User avatar
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 
Posts: 1646
Victoria

Re: WA Firearm Law Reforms - Monday 16 October announcement

Post by moopere » 01 Jul 2024, 2:21 pm

Coxy383 wrote:There is no answer now. It's confirm or put your "freedom" at risk. While people say it no-one will actually fight the police. You will be arrested, loose your job maybe your kids. As soon as they are at your door 99% will comply. 1% will straight up be arrested and go to prison.....I'm just happy I live extremely rural while it won't change what happens have a little bit more freedom with 100000s acers of forest and farms around. But very happy I'm not younger to tell the truth


I agree.

My generation, and those younger, who were not born before the 2nd world war, are getting a glimpse now of how authoritarian regimes actually take hold and how they do their evil - which is something I never understood as a boy or even as a young man. It seemed a given that certain mid 20th century regimes were 'evil' and that people were weak for bowing down to them ... why didn't people rise up and reclaim the right?

Now, and for a long time, we're living the history lesson and the answer to those types of questions.
User avatar
moopere
Recruit
Recruit
 
Posts: 39
Western Australia

Re: WA Firearm Law Reforms - Monday 16 October announcement

Post by Oldbloke » 10 Jul 2024, 7:15 pm

The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
User avatar
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
 
Posts: 11818
Victoria

Re: WA Firearm Law Reforms - Monday 16 October announcement

Post by on_one_wheel » 10 Jul 2024, 9:27 pm

moopere wrote:
Coxy383 wrote:There is no answer now. It's confirm or put your "freedom" at risk. While people say it no-one will actually fight the police. You will be arrested, loose your job maybe your kids. As soon as they are at your door 99% will comply. 1% will straight up be arrested and go to prison.....I'm just happy I live extremely rural while it won't change what happens have a little bit more freedom with 100000s acers of forest and farms around. But very happy I'm not younger to tell the truth


I agree.

My generation, and those younger, who were not born before the 2nd world war, are getting a glimpse now of how authoritarian regimes actually take hold and how they do their evil - which is something I never understood as a boy or even as a young man. It seemed a given that certain mid 20th century regimes were 'evil' and that people were weak for bowing down to them ... why didn't people rise up and reclaim the right?

Now, and for a long time, we're living the history lesson and the answer to those types of questions.


100% correct
Some of us can see it happening in plain sight, others are willingly accepting and agreeing to each and every change because they believe it's for the better, one day they'll wake up and find themselves locked in their own homes needing a valid reason to go outside because "there's germs out there"...... oh wait, that actually happened, even that didn't wake the sheeple up.

Perhaps I need to increase my daily dose of fluoride ?
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
User avatar
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel
 
Posts: 3667
South Australia

Previous

Back to top
 
Return to Western Australia gun laws