WAPOL Processing Time

Questions about Western Australian gun and ammunition laws. W.A. Firearms Act 1973.

Re: WAPOL Processing Time

Post by pignmud » 15 Nov 2019, 2:12 pm

Approved today checking online. Lodged Wednesday 16th October approved Friday 15th November (30 days)

Still have to wait for amended paper license to be sent out (hoping some time next week)

So I was on the money when first guessed would be 4 to 5 weeks.

Hopes this helps for anyone wondering time frame for addition application.

Mine was for Cat A and Cat B (2 rifles) with property letter support with an existing H class license for many years through club.
pignmud
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by kb1 » 19 Nov 2019, 10:15 pm

260 remington took a full month as additional.
Got told couldnt have it due to already having 222. Typical crap from them making it hard.
They pull 2.2 million per year in application fees youd think theyd be more efficient.
Victoria a week and 30 dollars
kb1
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by pignmud » 19 Nov 2019, 11:41 pm

kb1 wrote:260 remington took a full month as additional.
Got told couldnt have it due to already having 222. Typical crap from them making it hard.
They pull 2.2 million per year in application fees youd think theyd be more efficient.
Victoria a week and 30 dollars

Bugger, was this recently ? Have heard of people having second similar caliber approved as ‘back up’ not sure if one scopes one not etc
pignmud
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by pignmud » 21 Nov 2019, 3:37 pm

Paper license came today in mail for Cat A and B additions

Submitted 16/10/19, approved by checking online on 15/11/19, paper license recieved 21/11/19

36 days total - (5 weeks and 1 day) - which was what I expected.

Now for some fun plinking at the farm some weekend soon with my new bl-22 :)
pignmud
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by glenn777 » 04 Jun 2020, 9:37 pm

For anyone interested in post gunshop shutdown application times I've just had my additional approved for a shotgun and centrefire in 8 days (which included a public holiday).

That is awesome! I'm wondering if the pressure from NSC is kicking them into gear?
glenn777
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by Ziege » 05 Jun 2020, 12:40 am

Wtf they put a 260 and a 222 in the same category? That's like saying a .17 daisy air rifle is the same as a 22mag.

What justification did you give for the 222 and what did you then give for the 260? Because that's like them saying no to my 223 because I have a 270, it makes literally no sense.

I'd be appealing that in writing with Sgt Timms or someone else higher ranked there, that or you didn't do due diligence when you submitted your application
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by PekingDuck » 19 Jun 2020, 12:15 pm

Applied for original license on the 15th May 2020
Received email regarding form 22 and endorsement of proceeding with application on the 28th - 13 days into cooling off period.
Saw on the online portal application has been approved on the 12th June - on the 28th day of the cooling off period.
Paper license in my hands on the 16th June.

So, waited the absolute minimum days in the legislation for an original application - not bad!

Just waiting for the ID card so i can go pickup the rifle!
PekingDuck
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by minimike » 20 Jul 2020, 11:23 pm

PekingDuck wrote:Applied for original license on the 15th May 2020
Received email regarding form 22 and endorsement of proceeding with application on the 28th - 13 days into cooling off period.
Saw on the online portal application has been approved on the 12th June - on the 28th day of the cooling off period.
Paper license in my hands on the 16th June.

So, waited the absolute minimum days in the legislation for an original application - not bad!

Just waiting for the ID card so i can go pickup the rifle!

Might not need to wait for the ID card. I received my paper license last week and could collect my rifle using just that.
I think that if you wanted to buy ammunition from a different shop to where your rifle is then you might need paper and ID card.
minimike
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by Stevoid » 17 Sep 2020, 3:02 pm

Anyone done an additional to their license recently? What’s the turnaround like?

Thanks!
Stevoid
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by roids78 » 23 Sep 2020, 4:42 pm

Stevoid wrote:Anyone done an additional to their license recently? What’s the turnaround like?

Thanks!

About two weeks for the application and 3-4 days to get the new paper in the mail. I got an additional done bang on 2 weeks about a month ago. I've put in for a new .22 and its gone over about 13 days now without anything on the portal.
roids78
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Return to Western Australia gun laws