Gun stores now re-opened

Questions about Western Australian gun and ammunition laws. W.A. Firearms Act 1973.

Gun stores now re-opened

Post by Bruiser64 » 07 May 2020, 11:29 pm

For those who arent aware the declaration closing WA gun stores has now been rescinded. I am stocking up on primers tomorrow. I have plenty of everything else.
Bruiser64
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Re: Gun stores now re-opened

Post by No1Mk3 » 08 May 2020, 4:44 am

Congratulations, Victoria is still being...........Victorian! Although SSAA members are allowed to buy ammo and components from our 2 main ranges, times are restricted to Mon - Thu 9 - 5 which simply doesn't suit everyone. Hopefully we will join you shortly meanwhile, have FUN!! Cheers.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 08 May 2020, 7:51 am

No1. You have been able to buy components from any gun shop in Vic for the last couple of weeks.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by No1Mk3 » 08 May 2020, 11:30 am

G'day Oldbloke,
My shop told me that was only for those who could prove a reason such as pest control etc. SSAA sales are unrestricted, Cheers
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 08 May 2020, 5:13 pm

No1Mk3 wrote:G'day Oldbloke,
My shop told me that was only for those who could prove a reason such as pest control etc. SSAA sales are unrestricted, Cheers

Perhaps but not my understanding.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Bruiser64 » 09 May 2020, 10:00 pm

My local gun shop was relieved to be open. Given the international uncertainty about supply chains, I am going to make sure I have enough components to keep me going for at least the next year or so. no one on this planet knows what will happen in the next couple of years. This shutdown of the shops made me grateful I was well stocked. It did highlight the importance of all the components. Particularly primers and powder. They seem the most vulnerable to supply chain disruptions.
Bruiser64
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Return to Western Australia gun laws