NSC in WA

Questions about Western Australian gun and ammunition laws. W.A. Firearms Act 1973.

NSC in WA

Post by AussieCapitalist » 23 May 2020, 1:23 pm

Hey lads, its no secret you blokes in the west have some of the worst firearm laws in the country excluding the fact you are the only state to allow replica machine guns without a licence. Anyway have a read of this NSC article for what they are trying to do to help cut some of your red tape in regards to firearm laws to make it more inline with the east coast states. They are starting by trying to make it so you have your firearm licence then you just apply for a once off PTA for each firearm and that's it. None of this registering every year nonsense or service certificates etc and maybe even 5-10 year licences.

The WA election is 10 months away so please try and support these guys as they help to take a little bit of boot of your necks.

https://nationalshooting.org.au/blog/f/ ... -fee-limbo
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Re: NSC in WA

Post by AussieCapitalist » 23 May 2020, 1:36 pm

The word liberal and the word democrat freak me out but when you combine them "liberal democrat" then you have the best small party in Australia. Better than Pauline in many aspects. The lib dem senator in WA is fighting hard for the people of WA.

https://www.ldp.org.au/
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by linkoln » 24 May 2020, 8:27 pm

The NSC have some good ideas but I've heard things that make me wonder if they can be trusted.
We need a lobby group who will support the sport and try to bring about some modern changes to the way things are so I'm hopeful they will be it because ssaa and sifa have been very quiet on a lot of things.
linkoln
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by AussieCapitalist » 25 May 2020, 7:17 pm

Mate with the amount of gang rape Australian shooters have received since 1996 I am willing to trust anyone because we literally have nothing to lose. I would even trust my enemy China if they lobbied the QLD government to scrap gun laws.

Australian lawful firearm owners have nothing to lose and everything to gain from trusting a new entity. An entity with some lead in their pencil and whom is not just about making money. I would dare say the NSC have some lawyers in the group that are doing a lot of work for free.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by linkoln » 25 May 2020, 9:03 pm

I hope they are just what law abiding shooters have been waiting for but there is a lot to lose if it is done the wrong way. Politicians may push back and take all the worst parts of every states laws and combine them.
Most states area run by a left wing government who would be happy to see guns banned and never come back.
linkoln
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by AussieCapitalist » 25 May 2020, 9:22 pm

Mate we cant just sit on our backside anymore. First they came for the semi autos and people said nothing. Then they came for the handguns and implemented all the minimum shoots and club memberships. Then they banned the riverman and the 8 shot lever adler. What next? it is a slow progression to we have nothing left.

We have nothing to lose because if we don't do anything we will lose it all anyway so we may as well go down swinging.(politically speaking). The time for us to be politically active is now or else we may as well hand all our guns in now.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by glenn777 » 25 May 2020, 10:38 pm

We need every bit of help we can get in this god forsaken state haha, I will definitely be looking into it.

Oh don't forget we can buy pepper spray too, but if you have it on you you'll still be charged.
glenn777
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by AussieCapitalist » 26 May 2020, 7:42 am

And cant you still buy those radar detectors?
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by glenn777 » 26 May 2020, 9:25 am

Yeah most of my mates used to have them growing up, my local autopro has them on the front counter. Crazy the police state seems to have a few things which get through the net.
glenn777
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by linkoln » 27 May 2020, 11:27 am

Look at the governments we are up against in victoria a feminist was given thousands of our tax dollars to write a book and then she publicly said that corona virus isn't killing men fast enough and the government let her keep our money.
The shooters and fishers have been trying to get politicians to Introduce legislation to enforce mandatory minimum sentences for serious crimes committed with a firearm but that had been rejected time after time.
We need to stop electing these people because the way we are going out is only a matter of time until we have to hand back our bolt/ leave actions.
linkoln
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by glenn777 » 27 May 2020, 11:43 am

Even though you're basically a communist state in VIC you're still MILES ahead of us in WA!

Regarding Clementine Ford I didn't realise she was subsidised by the government, what on earth for?
glenn777
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Return to Western Australia gun laws