WA Reclassifications

Questions about Western Australian gun and ammunition laws. W.A. Firearms Act 1973.

WA Reclassifications

Post by bladeracer » 12 Jun 2020, 3:45 pm

Attachments
WA reclassifications.JPG
WA reclassifications.JPG (33.09 KiB) Viewed 7119 times
2020 reclassification of firearms in WA.pdf
(268.59 KiB) Downloaded 675 times
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Re: WA Reclassifications

Post by TassieTiger » 12 Jun 2020, 5:16 pm

Is that all bull pup chassis ?
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by bladeracer » 12 Jun 2020, 5:30 pm

TassieTiger wrote:Is that all bull pup chassis ?

I don't know, if it were I would think they would've just put in a law banning bullpups.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by womble » 13 Jun 2020, 5:50 am

WA police
Let's make our own criminals so we can catch them.
What a bunch of f***ing losers.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Ziege » 13 Jun 2020, 12:13 pm

womble wrote:WA police
Let's make our own criminals so we can catch them.
What a bunch of f***ing losers.

Pretty much what the soul-less bastards do
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by womble » 13 Jun 2020, 1:28 pm

It truly is disgusting behaviour. Just so the media can portray their police force consfigating illegal firearms. Just so they can show the politicians their win in the fight against crime. Get their budgets increased.

Lazy f***ing cowards bullies.
Too dangerous to go after real criminals with illegal guns.
So just make some legally owned guns illegal.

And the given reasoning. This gun just looks too much like a gun today.
Yesterday it looked ok to us.
It's insulting because it sounds like a joke at our expense.
And they can get away with it with a smirk, blatantly transparent as it is.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by AussieCapitalist » 13 Jun 2020, 3:17 pm

This is why having the police apply the appearance laws need to change. The election in WA is coming up and the NSC and Lib Dems are going to make appearance laws a big issue.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by linkoln » 13 Jun 2020, 10:13 pm

We complain in the east about how bad our laws are but you really have to feel sorry for the shooters in WA I guess the politicians over there just don't trust or don't care about the people who voted for them.
linkoln
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by Ziege » 13 Jun 2020, 10:58 pm

They're too busy sucking Chinese Schlong to give one f*** about 6% of their population and the benefit that 6% bring to the 15+% that are farmers so really 21% of their population... But nah the f***ing Chinese are more important
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by womble » 14 Jun 2020, 5:27 am

Military style firearm Appearance.
That could be a musket. Paper cartridge, rim fire, shot shell could resemble grapeshot. Modern centre fire. Any further assumptions can only be speculation. Historically bullpup designs are not so common. However from the 70’s several militaries adopted their use for infantry. This design is defined by the action being behind the trigger to effect a substantial reduction in the firearms overall length . Therefore that reasoning has not been applied here as not all firearms included in this ban utilise it.
We do not know what military style appearance means. There is no official meaning for reference.
The above mentioned WA “reclassification” includes rim fire, shotgun, centre fire.
It is a wide ranging ban which clearly demonstrates all firearms apart from air rifles are subject to potential bans.
It is by far the best example to date of clear evidence that the military style appearance law is only used as abuse of power.
Numerous examples previous to it, but this one for the win, being such a blanket ban on a wide variety of firearms with a wide variety of legitimate uses.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by AussieCapitalist » 14 Jun 2020, 8:10 am

The worst WA law is their 1 year licence. QLD is 10 years and they make it expire on your birthday. So if you apply 1 month after your birthday you get a 10 year 11 month licence. 2 months after you get a 10 year 10 month licence, 3 months after you get a 10 year 9 month licence and so on and so forth.

So I am set until 2031 where people in WA have to renew like 10 times.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 14 Jun 2020, 10:36 am

AussieCapitalist wrote:The worst WA law is their 1 year licence. QLD is 10 years and they make it expire on your birthday. So if you apply 1 month after your birthday you get a 10 year 11 month licence. 2 months after you get a 10 year 10 month licence, 3 months after you get a 10 year 9 month licence and so on and so forth.

Are you sure about that, wouldn't that make you unlicensed for the month in between? Down here I think your licence is good for 42 days or so after the expiry date, but when when you renew, your new licence starts back at the expiry date, not the date you finally paid it.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by RoginaJack » 14 Jun 2020, 2:59 pm

I think AC might have the time frame back the front - 2 months + 10 years
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Stix » 14 Jun 2020, 6:02 pm

womble wrote:Military style firearm Appearance.
That could be a musket. Paper cartridge, rim fire, shot shell could resemble grapeshot. Modern centre fire. Any further assumptions can only be speculation. ... ... ... ... ...
We do not know what military style appearance means. There is no official meaning for reference.

What about all the black painted PVC pipes for water storage attached to roof racks.& trays on 4WD's.. :unknown:

Dunno about you, but i rekon they look like grenade launchers...!!!

Yaik's...!!!
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by knowsnothin » 14 Jun 2020, 6:23 pm

Stix wrote:
womble wrote:Military style firearm Appearance.
That could be a musket. Paper cartridge, rim fire, shot shell could resemble grapeshot. Modern centre fire. Any further assumptions can only be speculation. ... ... ... ... ...

What about all the black painted PVC pipes for water storage attached to roof racks.& trays on 4WD's.. :unknown:

Dunno about you, but i rekon they look like grenade launchers...!!!

Yaik's...!!!

Just for shigs and giggles you could mock one up as a proper missile tube. olive drab, some stencilled writing.

... except you wouldn't here in WA.
knowsnothin
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by glenn777 » 14 Jun 2020, 6:39 pm

WA the state where you can buy a replica MG42 or AK47 no worries with no licence but can't own a gun which functions like any other bolt action rifle because it looks scary and Bob Lee-Swagger uses them to snipe people a mile off in moving vehicles.
glenn777
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by 1Fatman » 14 Jun 2020, 7:50 pm

AussieCapitalist wrote:The worst WA law is their 1 year licence. QLD is 10 years and they make it expire on your birthday. So if you apply 1 month after your birthday you get a 10 year 11 month licence. 2 months after you get a 10 year 10 month licence, 3 months after you get a 10 year 9 month licence and so on and so forth.

But don't you have to re-justify your license when you renew it like Victoria?
Lurking somewhere in your computer......... https://ozgunlobby.com
1Fatman
Private
Private

Western Australia

Post by AussieCapitalist » 15 Jun 2020, 6:56 am

bladeracer wrote:

Are you sure about that, wouldn't that make you unlicensed for the month in between? Down here I think your licence is good for 42 days or so after the expiry date, but when when you renew, your new licence starts back at the expiry date, not the date you finally paid it.

Yes. The 10 Years starts from your NEXT birthday. My birthday is in January but I got my new licence in April 2020 so the 10 years that I paid for starts in January 2021. The rest of the time between April 2020 and January 2021 until the 10 years starts is extra time added onto the licence. They made it peoples birthdays to help make people remember when it expires and so people have at least 10 years of full licence minimum.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by AussieCapitalist » 15 Jun 2020, 7:00 am

1Fatman wrote:But don't you have to re-justify your license when you renew it like Victoria?

Yes. But that is just a simple email that shows your receipt to a club or a property letter. The most common QLD licence have the code RC1, SC1 and SC2.

RC1 is shooting on private land, SC1 is shooting at a range and SC2 means you have to be a paying member of a club to maintain your licence. You only need to justify shooting on private land or shooting at a range and they give you both.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 15 Jun 2020, 9:41 am

AussieCapitalist wrote:
bladeracer wrote:

Yes. The 10 Years starts from your NEXT birthday. My birthday is in January but I got my new licence in April 2020 so the 10 years that I paid for starts in January 2021. The rest of the time between April 2020 and January 2021 until the 10 years starts is extra time added onto the licence. They made it peoples birthdays to help make people remember when it expires and so people have at least 10 years of full licence minimum.

Sounds like a very sensible idea.
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by AussieCapitalist » 20 Jun 2020, 1:06 pm

The Berika blackops has been banned too.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 26 Jul 2020, 4:33 pm

bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by linkoln » 27 Jul 2020, 1:18 pm

There was a shooting in victoria last night and I guarantee the shooter and his weapon weren't licenced yet people are going to start asking questions about whether laws need to be tightened.
linkoln
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by straightshooter » 28 Jul 2020, 7:41 am

Stop and have a long, hard, unemotional think.
What might be uppermost in the concerns of the WA 'Powers that be' for yet another example of their traditionally heavy handed restrictions on firearms ownership.
Maybe if you have La Marseillaise playing in the background it will assist with your contemplation.
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by rc42 » 28 Jul 2020, 8:43 am

I think that the way that these 'appearance' laws ignore air rifles, air pistols, replica firearms and even plastic toys is a clear sign that they have nothing to do with appearance at all.

I don't even think this is driven by the police but by the anti-gun Labor government influencing one or more kiss ass senior police officers, I also think that this is their latest test case, like the NT going for the Savage A22R, and if they get away with it they'll be back again for more until airguns or a single load 22 rimfire target rifle is all that citizens can have.

Communist countries like China don't allow citizens to have firearms, it makes it much easier for their police to turn up in the middle of the night and drag people away never to be seen again, but China can't be all bad, they certainly do seem to have a good supply of healthy organs available for transplant.
This is the model of left wing authoritarian rule that the ALP wants to move toward in thousands of tiny steps.
rc42
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 24 Aug 2020, 7:52 am

This just arrived. NSC update.

NSC.  WA.jpg
NSC. WA.jpg (524.51 KiB) Viewed 6029 times
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 24 Aug 2020, 8:20 am

rc42 wrote:I think that the way that these 'appearance' laws ignore air rifles, air pistols, replica firearms and even plastic toys is a clear sign that they have nothing to do with appearance at all.

I don't even think this is driven by the police but by the anti-gun Labor government influencing one or more kiss ass senior police officers, I also think that this is their latest test case, like the NT going for the Savage A22R, and if they get away with it they'll be back again for more until airguns or a single load 22 rimfire target rifle is all that citizens can have.

Communist countries like China don't allow citizens to have firearms, it makes it much easier for their police to turn up in the middle of the night and drag people away never to be seen again, but China can't be all bad, they certainly do seem to have a good supply of healthy organs available for transplant.
This is the model of left wing authoritarian rule that the ALP wants to move toward in thousands of tiny steps.

But they aren’t ignoring those - Gel blasters are banned in Tas due their ability to replicate the appearance of their real world full auto counterpart...

So WA are now walking the same path as several other states - this will make it more difficult to get rid of the stupid laws.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Return to Western Australia gun laws