Wa form 22 questions

Questions about Western Australian gun and ammunition laws. W.A. Firearms Act 1973.

Wa form 22 questions

Post by Troyus » 20 Jul 2020, 3:11 am

Looking at filling out form 22 and have a few questions
1) the section for proof of purchase of a safe. Do I have to send in the original receipt or a photocopy?
2) do I print out pictures of the safe install and attach them?
Do any of the above need to be titled, motorised or anything funny?

Cheers
Troyus
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Re: Wa form 22 questions

Post by womble » 20 Jul 2020, 5:13 am

I would send the original receipt, but keep a copy for yourself.
Different requirements in my state with safe, but better to give them more than what they ask for.
Titled if you wish but obvious safe is obvious.
Anything funny they do not have a sense of humour. They really don’t.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by glenn777 » 20 Jul 2020, 8:13 am

Just send copies of everything you should be keeping your original receipt. With mine the pictures ended up being too dark so I just emailed them some more with better lighting.
glenn777
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by knowsnothin » 20 Jul 2020, 8:34 am

and you will need a ruler against the washers to show their size 50 x 3 mm from memory. otherwise they will bounce it back to you.
knowsnothin
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by No1_49er » 20 Jul 2020, 7:15 pm

That has still got to be the biggest joke of all time: the need for washers between the bolt head and the safe. What in f^ks name is the body of the safe it it isn't already a f^king great big washer. Who writes that shyt? It's hard to comprehend why a washer would be necessary between the dynabolt and the 6mm/1/4" thickness (my case) safe wall/base. All walls, front, back are minimum thickness 6mm. As the saying goes, "go figure".
Proud member of "the powerful gun lobby" of Australia :)
No1_49er
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by womble » 21 Jul 2020, 3:58 am

There is a reason for the washer. But probably not the reason WA police insist on it. Their intentions moreso being making every little thing as much of a pita as possible, so as to dissuade you.
Just cross your t’s dot your i’s. Do everything exactly as they ask because they will look intensely to find any fault or flaw, so they can reject it.
If you opt to send copies of anything get them certified and signed witnessed.

You are not in Queensland any more Dorothy. There is no yellow brick road in WA. Tread carefully. Perserverance and respectful compliance and you will succeed.
The WA police do not like you and they never will. Understand the responsibility they are entrusting you with.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by womble » 21 Jul 2020, 4:00 am

The washer is to prevent scraping the coating on the mild steel. So as to prevent rust.
When you drill holes coat them with galv paint.
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Troyus » 29 Jul 2020, 1:10 am

Thanks all
How do Wapol contact me for the form 22? How do I return a completed form? Online or post?
Do I need to write anything on the photos? Print out one per page?
Troyus
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by minimike » 29 Jul 2020, 9:15 am

During the waiting phase I received an email from the WA Police force telling me that I was pre-approved, looking at my application on-line it was waiting for details from me.
I filled in the forms, photocopied the receipt for the safe and took plenty of pictures.
I took pictures of the safes location , the screws/washers holding one side to the wall , the screws/washers holding the other side to the wall , the locking mechanism and held a ruler up to one of the washers showing it's size. Every picture had a small note under it informing the officer what I was showing e.g. "Safe Bottom 4 mounting points"
Everything was scanned to a PDF and emailed back to the Police officer thanking them and telling them that should they need more information please let me know.

Waited another couple of weeks and it got approved, another week for my paper firearms license and one more week for my firearms identification card.

The wait seemed a long time for me , but it seems that other states have it a lot worse.
minimike
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by Troyus » 29 Jul 2020, 9:58 pm

Thank you. Tried the public portal at https://publiclicensingportal.police.wa.gov.au/home and nothing came up/cant find so I might call them.
Troyus
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by Troyus » 06 Aug 2020, 2:46 am

Got the provisional letter today with an example form 22. The pics on the form are A all on one form and sorta small and B signed by a JP.
Is this normal? On just seperate photos with a narration on them? Weird.
Troyus
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by glenn777 » 06 Aug 2020, 2:45 pm

Yep it's normal just make sure images are clear. They emailed me after saying they weren't so I emailed them back some pictures with better lighting and bobs your uncle.
glenn777
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by duncan61 » 08 Aug 2020, 4:05 pm

safe bolts.jpg
safe bolts.jpg (271.95 KiB) Viewed 4412 times
safe bolts.jpg
safe bolts.jpg (271.95 KiB) Viewed 4412 times
I E-mailed this and a few other pictures when I moved and its all good.
Attachments
safe bolts end.jpg
safe bolts end.jpg (327.56 KiB) Viewed 4412 times
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by Troyus » 11 Aug 2020, 5:04 pm

So I submitted my form 22 early Friday morning (2am odd) via email. Checked the website Friday, yesterday and today. Today says my application has been approved!! So that’s pretty quick. Now just waiting for the mail I guess.
Attachments
FBD72BB3-D4AA-4A47-8CFD-D5E5C17092E8.png
FBD72BB3-D4AA-4A47-8CFD-D5E5C17092E8.png (119.67 KiB) Viewed 4395 times
Troyus
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by Troyus » 15 Aug 2020, 10:50 am

Paper license arrived Friday
Troyus
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by minimike » 16 Aug 2020, 11:57 pm

Happy shooting !
Oh and don't forget to attach your Post office receipt to your license.
minimike
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by Stevoid » 18 Aug 2020, 1:34 pm

I’ve had excellent dealings during my process, got a call 3 days after lodging my paperwork at the post office, had a good chat with the chap about tips for mounting the safe and photographing it to their standards.

3 days before the cool down was complete, the website said my license is approved and awaiting the cooldown, then today it was updated to the attached.

So now I wait by the mailbox for the card and paper copy.

DB7BF7CE-C5C5-4F33-AE6C-15A22C2CFE2B.jpeg
DB7BF7CE-C5C5-4F33-AE6C-15A22C2CFE2B.jpeg (145.38 KiB) Viewed 4327 times
A56A8086-5905-4677-8581-392E7AF3FE83.jpeg
A56A8086-5905-4677-8581-392E7AF3FE83.jpeg (133.43 KiB) Viewed 4327 times
Stevoid
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by Stevoid » 21 Aug 2020, 2:28 pm

Paper license turned up Thursday! I’m not arguing with that turn around!
Stevoid
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Return to Western Australia gun laws