Post Office Receipt

Questions about Western Australian gun and ammunition laws. W.A. Firearms Act 1973.

Post Office Receipt

Post by minimike » 29 Jul 2020, 12:20 am

Hi all ,

I'm new and stupid and didn't realise that when I applied for a firearms license from the post office that I'd need to keep my receipt.

The Firearms license states that the receipt needs to be attached and Aust post can't just print a receipt so what can I do ?

Don't tell me I have to pay again :roll:
minimike
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Re: Post Office Receipt

Post by YoungSC » 29 Jul 2020, 9:34 am

If you paid by credit card, maybe they can search for related transactions on their system and reissue a receipt.
YoungSC
Private
Private

-

Post by Grandadbushy » 29 Jul 2020, 10:14 am

G'day minimike mate Australian Post should and will have a copy of the transaction, so they can look it up if you can supply the date it occurred and maybe the time.
If it was done by computer it also can be traced unless you strike someone that doesn't want to help.
Grandadbushy
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by niteowl » 29 Jul 2020, 11:30 am

As an aside, the post office receipts are useless thermal printing and will fade to nothing in a short time. When you do get it sorted, scan it and print it onto your licence and it will be there for ever.
niteowl
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by glenn777 » 29 Jul 2020, 11:48 am

Another backwards POS idea by WAPOL. My mate was the same he didn't realise he needed it until I told him after he'd already paid... he went back to the the post office and sorted it but it was a bit of a pain if I recall.
glenn777
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by minimike » 30 Jul 2020, 8:49 am

Thanks for the advice guys.

I went back to the Post Office and they were very helpful. After giving them some details they managed to find the transaction and printed me out a copy ( all 4 pages worth )

Panic over ..... :D
minimike
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by Skytrouper02 » 15 Oct 2020, 6:17 pm

Hey mate how long did your firearms license take to get approved im half way through the 28 day wait was wondering how long your took after the 28 days A/B license
Skytrouper02
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by bibendum » 30 Nov 2020, 5:12 pm

Although the paperwork says that it isn't valid without receipt, dealers have been advised they can accept for ammo purchase without the receipt.

The big issue is, because the licence comes with the invoice, people were chucking the invoice and keeping the licence and not renewing it because it has, what appears to be a valid expiry date on it.
-------------
Western Australia
-
177Air - 22Air - 22WMR - 17HMR - 22LR
22H -223R - 243W - 6.5CM - 270W - 308W - 310Cadet - 303Brit - 38/357 - 30-30W - 45-70G
12G - 410G
45BP - 58BP
32SW - 9mm -38sp - 357M - 44M - 45Sch
bibendum
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Post by Ziege » 30 Nov 2020, 6:23 pm

yeah what the hell is the point of the expiry date on the license if they demand you have payment? its retarded
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Return to Western Australia gun laws