multiple club memberships and licensing handguns

Questions about Western Australian gun and ammunition laws. W.A. Firearms Act 1973.

multiple club memberships and licensing handguns

Post by westaussie » 08 Sep 2021, 10:03 pm

Hello,

Lone Ranges will do a club support for a 9mm, but not for larger calibres. They only do paper targets as well.

Jarrahdale Sporting Shooters runs IHMS which I'm also interested in - and i can get club support for a .45 calibre through them, but they are a long drive from my house.

I want to have the flexibility of shooting the 9mm in the city regularly, but also have the option of going out to Jarrahdale on the every other weekend for the longer range and steel targets for the .45

My question - is it possible to get club support for two separate handguns, from two separate clubs - 9mm for target shooting and the .45 for IHMS. Assuming i'm a paid up club and SSAA member of course. Can you just license each handgun separately? Does anyone else have multiple club memberships for this sort of thing?
westaussie
Recruit
Recruit

Western Australia

Re: multiple club memberships and licensing handguns

Post by ob1 » 09 Sep 2021, 10:22 am

Yes, you can be in different clubs that provide club support for different handguns. You will have to meet attendance requirements for each club for the relevant handgun.
ob1
Private
Private

Western Australia

Return to Western Australia gun laws