WA Firearm Law Reforms - Monday 16 October announcement

Questions about Western Australian gun and ammunition laws. W.A. Firearms Act 1973.

Re: WA Firearm Law Reforms - Monday 16 October announcement

Post by Jackaroo » 28 May 2024, 5:19 pm

Oldbloke wrote:
Papalia

Must have had fun at school, sounds like a STD that would make your old fella fall off.
Jackaroo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by on_one_wheel » 28 May 2024, 5:52 pm

bigrich wrote:
5-0 wrote:
Oldbloke wrote:But. They knew and didn't act.

Seems that way,

WOW! police failed to act , repeatedly , resulting in a tragedy . what's the bet this side of the story doesn't come out in the media . where did you find this 5-0 ?

I'm not in the least bit surprised they didn't act.
There's so many women out there (probably most of them) playing the victim and lying to police about their ex partners, "his crazy, his on drugs, his stalking me, his going to kill me and the children" they (every station) hear multiple stories every day, when there's no hard evidence or history they don't act.

My ex partner told the police that I was plotting to shoot her, they didn't give her a Private Intervention Order because they didn't believe her.
She eventually sought a Private AVO which is pretty straightforward and costs less than $50
It's a well rehearsed procedure that is encouraged by women's help groups who also benefit from the lies because they receive government funding for every client.

Her motive for the restraing order was to buy time to alienate the children from me, to claim rights as the primary carer, to get the women's legal help, handouts from the bank as a victim of violence, free furniture and many more perks.
It's lying women like her that make it hard for the genuine women in need of help.

Perhaps now with everything that's going on all men well be treated as horrible DV perpetrators / potential murderers until proven innocent ant those women who bs about it all will continue to get away with their lies Scott free.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bigrich » 28 May 2024, 7:12 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:
bigrich wrote:
5-0 wrote:

Seems that way,

WOW! police failed to act , repeatedly , resulting in a tragedy . what's the bet this side of the story doesn't come out in the media . where did you find this 5-0 ?

There's so many women out there (probably most of them) playing the victim and lying to police about their ex partners, "his crazy, his on drugs, his stalking me, his going to kill me and the children" they (every station) hear multiple stories every day, when there's no hard evidence or history they don't act.

My ex partner told the police that I was plotting to shoot her, they didn't give her a Private Intervention Order because they didn't believe her.
She eventually sought a Private AVO which is pretty straightforward and costs less than $50
It's a well rehearsed procedure that is encouraged by women's help groups who also benefit from the lies because they receive government funding for every client.

Her motive for the restraing order was to buy time to alienate the children from me, to claim rights as the primary carer, to get the women's legal help, handouts from the bank as a victim of violence, free furniture and many more perks.
It's lying women like her that make it hard for the genuine women in need of help.

Perhaps now with everything that's going on all men well be treated as horrible DV perpetrators / potential murderers until proven innocent ant those women who bs about it all will continue to get away with their lies Scott free.

I’ve seen a lot of my mates get screwed over by ex’s manipulating the system. Which is why I’m a bachelor, I don’t seem to be able to find a trustworthy woman. At least one that will go for a blue collar mug like me ….
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by Faedy » 28 May 2024, 10:09 pm

Mate they were so focking negligent in this case.
No s**t, it was known that he was stalking her, and that there were hand guns missing.
No brainer..

on_one_wheel wrote:
bigrich wrote:
5-0 wrote:

Seems that way,

Faedy
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 29 May 2024, 9:10 pm

I'm sympathetic to blokes who get screwed during a divorce and AVOs. No personal experience but seen a few and read about it all the time.

But society needs them. BUT there certainly needs to be better oversight and better implementation. Probably an entire rethink regarding the legislation in most states.

In this case sounds like WA Police fukd up big time. Now they will proceed to take it out on WA firearm owners, because that's what they do.

Oh, of course the police will investigate the police. How else would you do it?
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 29 May 2024, 9:38 pm

I'll just add.
The statement by Arial Bombra was very ballsy.

The WA Police will likely now do their best to discredit her and give her a hard time.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by deye243 » 30 May 2024, 12:12 am

Tin foil hat time :allegedly: ....... as usual some commi prick starts talking about tightening gun laws :evil: then there is some pushback :clap: then yet again another tragedy when are people gonna see the pattern. :thumbsup:
deye243
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 30 May 2024, 4:16 am

deye243 wrote:Tin foil hat time :allegedly: ....... as usual some commi prick starts talking about tightening gun laws :evil: then there is some pushback :clap: then yet again another tragedy when are people gonna see the pattern. :thumbsup:

Yeah, after reading the statement/ letter that was posted calling for accountability for the inaction of the WA police, you have to wonder. The police were made fully aware of the situation and did nothing. Would it be a stretch to say they deliberately let it happen…..I wonder if any politician under parliamentary privilege would raise the question?
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 30 May 2024, 8:48 am

Can somebody post the Australian murder rate statistics with regards to numbers overall versus percentage of murders by firearms. And then break that down into how many were committed by licensed firearms owners. If what I suspect is true, it’ll make a mockery of WA’s witch hunt

I’m technologically and internet challenged…..otherwise I’d do it myself
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 30 May 2024, 9:08 am

bigrich wrote:Can somebody post the Australian murder rate statistics with regards to numbers overall versus percentage of murders by firearms. And then break that down into how many were committed by licensed firearms owners. If what I suspect is true, it’ll make a mockery of WA’s witch hunt

I’m technologically and internet challenged…..otherwise I’d do it myself

And how many of those homicides would've been prevented if Police had followed the existing laws before giving people licences and/or followed up on complaints about people's behaviour sooner.

And how many Police officers commit crimes, and suicide, with their issued firearms, and how many firearms held by Police go missing.

When they remove all legal access to firearms, and the firearm crime rates don't change how will they explain that?
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 30 May 2024, 9:19 am

Abs.gov.au

Just search "death" or crime
There is heaps of info but more generic than has been asked above. You can download xls sheets.

IMG_20240530_091712.jpg
IMG_20240530_091712.jpg (94.22 KiB) Viewed 1083 times
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 30 May 2024, 10:36 am

If you find this page, at the bottom you can download 6 xlxs sheets. Death by each state for 2022.

Just looking on mobile looks like 2022 in WA 5 murders/manslaughter by firearms. (I think.)
I'll have a closer look later.

IMG_20240530_103024.jpg
IMG_20240530_103024.jpg (107 KiB) Viewed 1074 times

LINK ADDED

https://www.abs.gov.au/statistics/healt ... s-of-death
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 30 May 2024, 2:07 pm

I had a look at the xlsx sheet for WA. There are 3 tabs.
Some of the numbers don't match other tabs so bit difficult to be certain but I come up with some stats that I thought would be interesting. Its messy process so i cant guarantee the accuracy, but its close.
Falls
Suicide
Poisoning
Assault (not firearm)
Were all HUGE.

Near as i could tell for 2022 a total of 6 deaths that were, intentional or accidental using a firearm.

These stats do not include injuries, only deaths.
These stats not include suicide by firearm. There were a fair few.

I PDF the results of the copy paste and you can down load here.

Stats simply prove these new laws are BS and death by firearm is a storm in a tea cup. Clearly motivated by politics.

Sats clearly indicate mental health is the key issue.

Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 30 May 2024, 5:50 pm

Oldbloke wrote:I had a look at the xlsx sheet for WA. There are 3 tabs.
Some of the numbers don't match other tabs so bit difficult to be certain but I come up with some stats that I thought would be interesting. Its messy process so i cant guarantee the accuracy, but its close.
Falls
Suicide
Poisoning
Assault (not firearm)
Were all HUGE.

Near as i could tell for 2022 a total of 6 deaths that were, intentional or accidental using a firearm.

Stats simply prove these new laws are BS and death by firearm is a storm in a tea cup. Clearly motivated by politics.

2022_6 Underlying causes of death (Western Australia).pdf

so if i read that right , 8 deaths by firearms , hundreds of suicides and self harm . as i suspected . why aren't the media and journalists all over this :unknown:
what a sick joke :thumbsdown:

thanks for doing the hard work OB :thumbsup:
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 30 May 2024, 5:59 pm

Yep, 6 men, 2 women.

I put in about an hour. But to do a really good job would be 4-5.

Point being. Death by firearms are SFA overall.
AND
Cops don't even know if they are registered or not because they don't record it. Talk about stupid.
Last edited by Oldbloke on 30 May 2024, 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by 5-0 » 30 May 2024, 6:00 pm

bigrich wrote:
Oldbloke wrote:I had a look at the xlsx sheet for WA. There are 3 tabs.
Falls
Suicide
Poisoning
Assault (not firearm)
Were all HUGE.

2022_6 Underlying causes of death (Western Australia).pdf

so if i read that right , 8 deaths by firearms , hundreds of suicides and self harm . as i suspected . why aren't the media and journalists all over this :unknown:
what a sick joke :thumbsdown:

thanks for doing the hard work OB :thumbsup:

There is substantial scientific evidence demonstrating that the way suicide deaths are reported in the media can impact rates of suicidal behaviour in the community, that is why its not reported on and even if it is their are requirements on how it is reported.
5-0
Recruit
Recruit

-

Post by Oldbloke » 30 May 2024, 6:08 pm

Just quessing what's happening here.

Heaps of deaths due to mental health, suicide etc
Deaths are mainly due to crap government policy.
Cost to fix is very, very high.

Solution

Divert blame to shooters, it's cheaper. And more votes.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 31 May 2024, 5:26 pm

Even some in MSM are Turing against the Cook Government.

https://sportingshooter.com.au/news/com ... ead%20More
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 31 May 2024, 5:33 pm

Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 31 May 2024, 10:47 pm

Well, well. Seems Mark Bombara didn't have long to live.

https://www.news.com.au/national/health ... 4fafd6428a
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 01 Jun 2024, 4:07 am

Good work OB. I think from the looks of it, things are going to blow up in the WA premiers and police ministers face . The premier trying to say tougher laws would’ve prevented this tragedy is very pathetic and even the general public can see the authorities failed multiple times on multiple levels
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by Clem » 01 Jun 2024, 7:39 am

Never fear, the police will investigate themselves and all will be ok.

Clem
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Oldbloke » 01 Jun 2024, 7:41 am

Clem wrote:Never fear, the police will investigate themselves and all will be ok.

It's a major issue.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 01 Jun 2024, 10:06 am

Oldbloke wrote:Well, well. Seems Mark Bombara didn't have long to live.

Many years ago I knew a carpenter who had a tumour in his brain the size of a peach. It changed his personality to the point that he had left his family home rather than harm them. When it was eventually discovered, and removed, he went back to being the calm and gentle man he'd always been.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by alexjones » 01 Jun 2024, 10:34 am

bladeracer wrote:
Oldbloke wrote:Well, well. Seems Mark Bombara didn't have long to live.

Many years ago I knew a carpenter who had a tumour in his brain the size of a peach. It changed his personality to the point that he had left his family home rather than harm them. When it was eventually discovered, and removed, he went back to being the calm and gentle man he'd always been.

I have heard of a few situations like this happening. Just like how syphilis makes you crazy. Don't laugh but there is a bloke at my mates work who is getting hormone treatment to be a women. He was in a car accident a couple years back and suffered some head trauma and since then he feels like he is a women. Perfectly normal man with no mental illness but after the accident he has changed.
alexjones
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by mchughcb » 01 Jun 2024, 6:41 pm

Still not seeing all these firearms being offered for sale on various websites and as usual the few that are a priced way more that what you can pick up locally so they aren't going to sell.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 03 Jun 2024, 12:13 am

"A family and domestic violence complaint will automatically strip firearms owners of their guns under further legal changes announced by the WA Government.

The government is already toughening the state's gun laws but today Premier Roger Cook said it would change the bill to require police to remove firearms as soon as a family and domestic violence complaint was made"

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-06-02/ ... /103924750
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by alexjones » 03 Jun 2024, 6:34 am

1990:(in QLD) Just be like the other states and have a licence that's all we want.

1996:(the country) We just want your self loading longarms that's all we promise. Nothing else will ever change..........

This is why I am staunch 100% against every gun law because it always gets worse in small increments.

If you are not a criminal or mentally incapable than you should be free to own whatever you can afford to buy. Just like it was before gun licences were a thing.

Guns are not the problem the problem is low moral values and societal degeneracy.
alexjones
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Jackaroo » 03 Jun 2024, 9:20 am

Oldbloke wrote:"A family and domestic violence complaint will automatically strip firearms owners of their guns under further legal changes announced by the WA Government.

The government is already toughening the state's gun laws but today Premier Roger Cook said it would change the bill to require police to remove firearms as soon as a family and domestic violence complaint was made"

What's the definition of a 'complaint' ?

Sounds like this could be weaponised as an easy vexatious way for anyone to strip someone of their firearms licence.
Jackaroo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Oldbloke » 03 Jun 2024, 9:24 am

Jackaroo wrote:
Oldbloke wrote:"A family and domestic violence complaint will automatically strip firearms owners of their guns under further legal changes announced by the WA Government.

What's the definition of a 'complaint' ?

Sounds like this could be weaponised as an easy vexatious way for anyone to strip someone of their firearms licence.

Yes, this is the concern.
What I don't like is the word "automatic"

And will there be balanced system to assess the complaint bases on facts. Or just one person's word.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

PreviousNext

Return to Western Australia gun laws