National Firearm Dealers Association website?

Questions about Federal gun laws covering all of Australia. Importing / exporting firearms and ammunition. Dealing with Australian Border Force, Customs etc.

National Firearm Dealers Association website?

Post by Member-Deleted » 13 Sep 2020, 11:36 am

Hi guys,

Does the NFDA have a website? If so, could someone provide a link please?
Member-Deleted

Re: National Firearm Dealers Association website?

Post by eddievic » 13 Sep 2020, 11:43 am

If you can't google it...its not probably supposed to be known.

I am thinking its the big boys club...aka big importers like nioa, bretta, winchester etc and some bigger shops. Or maybe you need to have a dealers license and probably a shop, and pay your membership fees to access them.

The next best thing is SIFA.

But tbh, do you really think this place is the best place to ask, all i see is 4 members fighting with 3 other members in every topic. With a smattering of a couple of nobody's like me :sarcasm: asking and answering questions.

I joined up another Australian forum and tbh its a bit more relaxed in there.
117, 22lr, 223, 243, 264, 308, 338, 416, 20g 12g

Soo many, but not enough
eddievic
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 13 Sep 2020, 11:53 am

eddievic wrote:If you can't google it...its not probably supposed to be known.

I am thinking its the big boys club...aka big importers like nioa, bretta, winchester etc and some bigger shops. Or maybe you need to have a dealers license and probably a shop, and pay your membership fees to access them.

The next best thing is SIFA.

But tbh, do you really think this place is the best place to ask, all i see is 4 members fighting with 3 other members in every topic. With a smattering of a couple of nobody's like me :sarcasm: asking and answering questions.

I joined up another Australian forum and tbh its a bit more relaxed in there.

Figured it'd be worth the ask. I'm just trying to wrap my head around all the different bodies and what they are there for. I've got big plans, but so little funds :unknown:
Member-Deleted

Post by eddievic » 13 Sep 2020, 11:59 am

Good on ya mate... if only ppl started thinking of others instead of just me... we might get some action happening.
117, 22lr, 223, 243, 264, 308, 338, 416, 20g 12g

Soo many, but not enough
eddievic
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 13 Sep 2020, 12:45 pm

eddievic wrote:Good on ya mate... if only ppl started thinking of others instead of just me... we might get some action happening.

Yeah, but I guess that's capitalism and why it fails from time to time. What's the other forum you joined?
Member-Deleted

Post by Bugman » 13 Sep 2020, 1:22 pm

I know of one fellow who is with NSW branch and I regularly purchase items from his business. Do I trust him?.....bloody oath. NSW branch has a web site if you want to have a look.
Last edited by Bugman on 13 Sep 2020, 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by Member-Deleted » 13 Sep 2020, 3:12 pm

Bugman wrote:I knoe of one fellow who is with NSW branch and I regularly purchase items from his business. Do I trust him?.....bloody oath. NSW branch has a web site if you want to have a look.

I believe QLD hasa state branch also. Is there any particular reason you felt like specifying that you trust him?
Member-Deleted

Post by Bugman » 13 Sep 2020, 6:34 pm

Well he has imparted very good, specific information on certain matters about legislation requirements, etc that affects every shooter, and this is not telling tales out of school. His knowledge in the industry (IMO), is excellent and factual.
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by Member-Deleted » 14 Sep 2020, 11:44 am

Bugman wrote:Well he has imparted very good, specific information on certain matters about legislation requirements, etc that affects every shooter, and this is not telling tales out of school. His knowledge in the industry (IMO), is excellent and factual.

Is that uncommon with dealers?
Member-Deleted

Post by Bugman » 14 Sep 2020, 1:16 pm

Most dealers I have dealt with have a basic knowledge I guess, but this fellow deals with the people in the know, in the industry and with regard to legislation etc.
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by Member-Deleted » 14 Sep 2020, 4:51 pm

Bugman wrote:Most dealers I have dealt with have a basic knowledge I guess, but this fellow deals with the people in the know, in the industry and with regard to legislation etc.

Okay, sweet, sounds like a keeper :p
Member-Deleted

Return to National gun laws - Australian Federal gun laws