Importing a red dot mount?

Questions about Federal gun laws covering all of Australia. Importing / exporting firearms and ammunition. Dealing with Australian Border Force, Customs etc.

Importing a red dot mount?

Post by pureawsmdan » 16 Apr 2023, 4:37 am

Need a red dot mount to a pic rail for my Aimpoint ACRO, found a good Scalarworks Leap mount in the US. Is this ok to buy and send here or does it need
Import permit? Thanks.
pureawsmdan
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Re: Importing a red dot mount?

Post by JohnV » 17 Apr 2023, 5:18 pm

The last time I bought some scope mounts from the states I did not need any import paperwork .
However that is a while ago . You could just ring the firearms registry and ask them . The form for import of genuine gun parts is a B7O9A . Some times customs does not know what they are doing or even looking at and contact you anyway asking you to get a B7O9A anyway even though it may be not necessary . There is usually a Policeman attached to the firearms registry that will issue you with a B7O9A approval and you just fax or email that to customs . That is the way it was some time back in NSW things may have changed and QLD may be different again .
https://www.police.qld.gov.au/sites/def ... Permit.pdf
JohnV
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Post by bladeracer » 17 Apr 2023, 5:51 pm

pureawsmdan wrote:Need a red dot mount to a pic rail for my Aimpoint ACRO, found a good Scalarworks Leap mount in the US. Is this ok to buy and send here or does it need
Import permit? Thanks.

I can't see any import restriction at this end for a mount. Are they happy to ship it to you?
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by pureawsmdan » 19 Apr 2023, 12:31 am

bladeracer wrote:
pureawsmdan wrote:Need a red dot mount to a pic rail for my Aimpoint ACRO, found a good Scalarworks Leap mount in the US. Is this ok to buy and send here or does it need
Import permit? Thanks.

I can't see any import restriction at this end for a mount. Are they happy to ship it to you?

It’s just listed on eBay at Gritr in Texas should be fine, I’ve bought pistol optic plates for the acro a few months ago and it was no issues thanks!
pureawsmdan
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Return to National gun laws - Australian Federal gun laws