Importing pistol optic plate

Questions about Federal gun laws covering all of Australia. Importing / exporting firearms and ammunition. Dealing with Australian Border Force, Customs etc.

Importing pistol optic plate

Post by pureawsmdan » 21 Jul 2023, 7:15 am

Need a VP9 optic plate from the US. HK ship locally due to ITAR.
Can I get it sent to me from a friend in the states? I’ve got other types of optic mounts shipped directly from the states before now dramas?

Thanks again everyone.
pureawsmdan
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Re: Importing pistol optic plate

Post by No1_49er » 21 Jul 2023, 8:01 am

Why don't you ask your friend if they would be willing to receive it on your behalf and then forward it to you? The difficulty might be that the vendor recognises a "foreign" transaction.
Or maybe they could purchase it and you arrange to reimburse them.
Surely, not a difficult question.
Proud member of "the powerful gun lobby" of Australia :)
No1_49er
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by bladeracer » 21 Jul 2023, 1:09 pm

pureawsmdan wrote:Need a VP9 optic plate from the US. HK ship locally due to ITAR.
Can I get it sent to me from a friend in the states? I’ve got other types of optic mounts shipped directly from the states before now dramas?

Thanks again everyone.

Unrestricted here so no reason you can't import it. Will depend on whether there are export restrictions at that end, like ITAR.
If it is does require export permissions then I wouldn't be asking a real friend to risk sending it to you.

Can you order it through Brownells.com.au?
Last edited by bladeracer on 21 Jul 2023, 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by pureawsmdan » 21 Jul 2023, 2:35 pm

bladeracer wrote:
pureawsmdan wrote:Need a VP9 optic plate from the US. HK ship locally due to ITAR.

Thanks again everyone.

Unrestricted here so now reason you can't import it. Will depend on whether there are export restrictions at that end, like ITAR.
If it is does require export permissions then I wouldn't be asking a real friend to risk sending it to you.

Can you order it through Brownells.com.au?

Good idea, I'll try email them see if they can get one to save me the hassle.
pureawsmdan
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by pureawsmdan » 21 Jul 2023, 2:37 pm

No1_49er wrote:Why don't you ask your friend if they would be willing to receive it on your behalf and then forward it to you? The difficulty might be that the vendor recognises a "foreign" transaction.
Or maybe they could purchase it and you arrange to reimburse them.
Surely, not a difficult question.

Good point, I'll see if i can get a local importer to get one for me first, cheers.
pureawsmdan
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Return to National gun laws - Australian Federal gun laws