re National Gun Laws

Questions about Federal gun laws covering all of Australia. Importing / exporting firearms and ammunition. Dealing with Australian Border Force, Customs etc.

re National Gun Laws

Post by madang55 » 23 Oct 2023, 1:04 am

I think we might all be missing an important point:
Gun Laws are NOT national:
What we might need is a very smart person/people to do some homework.
What are the shooting sports WORTH to each state and therefore NATIONALLY???
What revenue is lost to the state or nationally, each time a part of a shooting sport is taken away??
i.e. cancel Duck season in Vic,.....who loses....how much....? and keep the "woe is me" out of it...
NOT interested in "I've been shooting ducks for 50 years, etc etc,.... YES... interested in 200 shooters who have been
shooting ducks for 50 years...and add that money up..$$$$$
I'e spent $1000 every year on legal culling, but not commercial, YES how many of those are there out there, etc etc etc.
Lastly, how much does it cost the tax payers each year to pay "professional shooters" to do what we do for NOTHING yet they a have negligible effect.
Good luck WA, you're gonna need it.
My wife knows me well.
The dog often reminds me of that
madang55
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Re: re National Gun Laws

Post by bladeracer » 23 Oct 2023, 1:24 pm

madang55 wrote:I think we might all be missing an important point:
Gun Laws are NOT national:
What we might need is a very smart person/people to do some homework.
What are the shooting sports WORTH to each state and therefore NATIONALLY???
What revenue is lost to the state or nationally, each time a part of a shooting sport is taken away??
i.e. cancel Duck season in Vic,.....who loses....how much....? and keep the "woe is me" out of it...
NOT interested in "I've been shooting ducks for 50 years, etc etc,.... YES... interested in 200 shooters who have been
shooting ducks for 50 years...and add that money up..$$$$$
I'e spent $1000 every year on legal culling, but not commercial, YES how many of those are there out there, etc etc etc.
Lastly, how much does it cost the tax payers each year to pay "professional shooters" to do what we do for NOTHING yet they a have negligible effect.
Good luck WA, you're gonna need it.

I would hate to work out how much I spend on hunting and shooting, it would be thousands every year with memberships, licences, ammo, clothing, boots, hunting gear, shooting gear, fuel, targets - on top of the tens of thousands I've already spent on my firearms.

I do very little shotgun shooting but I bought 100kg of shot six weeks ago and 500rds of 12ga ammo this week, plus over 100rds of 8x57mm ammo, a few hundred 8mm bullets, plus some 6.5mm and .308" bullets.

I can't go back to motorcycle racing so if I couldn't own firearms I'm not sure where my money would be getting spent, I'd probably just save it, and nobody in the community benefits from that. The kids will get it when I'm done, not sure anything will still be legal for them to spend it on either though.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Return to National gun laws - Australian Federal gun laws