Importing all personal firearms related items from the U.S

Questions about Federal gun laws covering all of Australia. Importing / exporting firearms and ammunition. Dealing with Australian Border Force, Customs etc.

Importing all personal firearms related items from the U.S

Post by blewis0624 » 18 Jan 2024, 4:32 pm

Returning after 43 years in the U.S. I read a previous post where it was discouraged to bring ammo and powder, primers etc...too much paperwork. Well I will be importing two rifles, and some extra barrels, all except one are my own wildcat designs. I also have hundreds of rounds of custom made ammo for my rifles in calibers you will not have heard of...223 Short, 22 Mamba, 24 Mamba, 308x45. I have thousands of primers, hundreds of new brass, hundreds of primed brass, a thousand used cases, a lot of reloading equipment.

I am familiar with U.S exports and Victorian import paperwork, but I face two problems.

1. Finding a specialized shipper on the west coast of the U.S, typical moving companies won't touch the stuff.

2. Finding a gun shop close to Tullamarine who will go to the border force facility and pick up the imported material and then transfer it to me.

I am moving to Euroa and my local Shepparton dealer would make a run for me and charge a $1000 for the day plus transfers.

Anyone know of any contacts that could help?

No issue driving to Tulla or anywhere in Melbourne to pick up the stuff.

Thanks...Brian (newbie).
blewis0624
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Re: Importing all personal firearms related items from the U

Post by bladeracer » 20 Jan 2024, 9:19 pm

My dealer is two hours from Melbourne but was happy to go up and collect two rifles I imported. He ended up making two trips as it was Christmas/New Years and they were closed the first time. He didn't charge me as he used the trips to collect ammo, primers and powders anyway. I don't know what will be involved in exporting it at that end, but importing it should be a doddle at this end. Most likely it would all go into a container for sea freight I would guess.
Last edited by bladeracer on 21 Jan 2024, 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 20 Jan 2024, 9:37 pm

Try John at centreway firearms in East Keilor.

(03) 9336 4647

http://www.centrewayfirearms.com.au/

20 minute drive from tulla airport.
Great to deal with.
Not my LGS but by far the preferred.

Good luck.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 21 Jan 2024, 10:01 am

mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by alexjones » 23 Jan 2024, 10:27 am

Moving from America to Victoria? You realise Victoria of 43 years ago is not the Victoria of today? 43 years was before communist John Cain stole the guns in 1987.
alexjones
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Return to National gun laws - Australian Federal gun laws