meanwhile in the rest of the world

Questions about Federal gun laws covering all of Australia. Importing / exporting firearms and ammunition. Dealing with Australian Border Force, Customs etc.

meanwhile in the rest of the world

Post by gunderson » 07 Mar 2024, 6:48 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msk9IaMnXA0

I find it bleedingly outrageous that whilst pretty much the rest of the planet can enjoy this sport, outdoor fun, one of the lowest injury rates per player, great skill and fitness etc. The AusGov Zealots feel the need to keep us limited to the excessively expensive paintball sport, albeit extremely restrictive. These nations in Europe namely and not limited to Poland, Netherlands, Italy, Spain, France, former eu members England and Scotland and Wales and norther Ireland, as well as Ireland, and many others like Austria and Hungary etc... all allow this sport as well as the United states, Canada etc... But we literally have politicians like Paul Papalia in WA and the likes before him that have exhaustively worked to have the precursors and similar toys and sports like Airsoft banned and not just state level, but import banned. Hell Papalia honestly thinks people will use real bullets in Airsoft guns and Gel blasters, what a f***ing tool.

there have been a lot of examples of how this sport is abundantly useful for maintaining a firearm ready populace and its encouraged as such in Japan and this is the result:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQDfwyUgtjg

Our government is the dumbest bunch of elitist inner city latte sipping ****** in existence.
gunderson
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Re: meanwhile in the rest of the world

Post by bigrich » 07 Mar 2024, 8:23 pm

gunderson wrote:
Our government is the dumbest bunch of elitist inner city latte sipping ****** in existence.

Yup , that applies to more than just the topic you’re raising. Seat warmers who do nothing good for the nation in the long term. Just trying to look good in the media and public opinion polls while they’ve got their snouts in the trough. JMHO
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by mchughcb » 07 Mar 2024, 8:55 pm

There are plenty of inner city latte sipping hunters. And plenty of tools in the country that hate guns.
mchughcb
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by gunderson » 07 Mar 2024, 9:04 pm

mchughcb wrote:There are plenty of inner city latte sipping hunters. And plenty of tools in the country that hate guns.

My town used to (when I was a kid) have around 1800 adults in it... around 700 of those had guns...

now far less adults have guns, but the community is still very gun friendly.. most people pre 96 had a semi auto 22 and some other antiquated rifle like cadet rifles and the likes, lots of people handed these in during the buy back as they were getting more or way more than what they were paying for them. this led to the decline and with lots of young blokes working mines and other things shooting went out of vogue with the younger fellas who werent around to be out shooting on the regular anymore.

there arent too many anti gun plebs here, however if you goto the coast and "treechange" towns, the city retards are ruining rural life, their imposition and opinion is draining the remaining parts of the true aussie lifestyle.
gunderson
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by Larry » 09 Mar 2024, 7:55 am

The Australian Gov after WW2 did have a policy of keeping a well trained and ready armed populace. Not sure exactly what year the policy was dropped but the first step was probably no longer providing the free ammunition to the sporting community that had been set up to be trained and ready.
Larry
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

-

Post by gunderson » 09 Mar 2024, 8:57 am

yeah the .310 cadet rifle is the last archeological remnant lol
gunderson
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by Lazarus » 09 Mar 2024, 12:13 pm

We clash, gunderson, but I also agree with your factual statements.

This one, spot on.

I make knives, I(and anyone) can make and own a broadsword, capable of cleaving a human in two, yet possession of a humble shuriken attracts up to 14yrs as Bubba's bitch.

I can legally have my .223 that is lethal well beyond 1000m, yet I'm not allowed to have a slingshot FFS.

I can have a 24" machete but a 3" Balisong is anathema.

We shooters are denied the use of sound moderators on our firearms because, according to the gummint, crims will suddenly gain prescient knowledge of our locations and steal them for nefarious purposes.
Yet, in the Ewe-Essay, one of the shootingest countries there is, with 1.3 million suppressors in private hands, only 44 shootings on average per year using a suppressor.
That's in a country where 316 people get shot, per day.

So that's 44 instances of a suppressor used in 115,340 shootings, average.

There are even books we are prevented from importing, pointless since the advent of the net, but still extant.

I tried to import N. Mashiro's "Black Medicine" series of texts on martial arts techniques in the late 70s
All I received was a dirty letter from customs.
"Free country" :allegedly:

http://mariposa.yosemite.net/mashiro/

https://freebeacon.com/issues/atf-despi ... ed-crimes/

https://www.teamenough.org/gun-violence-statistics
Courage is knowing it might
hurt, and doing it anyway.
Stupidity is the same
And that's why life is hard
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by gunderson » 09 Mar 2024, 7:25 pm

The fact that the videos and transcripts exist of elected members of parliament saying in western australia and elsewhere that Airsoft guns had to be banned cos they will be converted to real guns, and the same morons have come out and said that plastic gel blasters are in the same boat... these people are worse than lobotomy patients and people actually elect them?
gunderson
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Post by Lazarus » 10 Mar 2024, 5:07 pm

I keep telling people gunderson, " Don't vote for them", I say, "It only encourages them", I say.
But do people listen, oy vey, gunderson.
Courage is knowing it might
hurt, and doing it anyway.
Stupidity is the same
And that's why life is hard
Lazarus
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

New South Wales

Post by gunderson » 10 Mar 2024, 5:15 pm

Lazarus wrote:I keep telling people gunderson, " Don't vote for them", I say, "It only encourages them", I say.
But do people listen, oy vey, gunderson.

Yes well we are surrounded by the lower half of the bell curve unfortunately, and so long as they have itching ears the sanctimonious pricks in the major parties will keep massaging their idiocy into votes.
gunderson
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Return to National gun laws - Australian Federal gun laws