Buffalo Rifle Association of Australia

Black powder rifles and pistols, reloading black powder, and other information. The smoky stuff.

Buffalo Rifle Association of Australia

Post by Gamerancher » 06 Oct 2022, 8:43 am

The BRAA is a club dedicated to the use and promotion of blackpowder rifles of the late 1800's "Buffalo" hunting era in North America.
I have recently taken on the role of secretary and I'm putting out an open invitation to anyone interested to come along and see what we are about. Our next shoot is scheduled for Cooyal on the weekend of 22/23 October.
We shoot once a month at either Cooyal, near Mudgee or "Nioka", near Gunnedah in NSW.
We do have a website that has most of the basic information about the club. ( It needs a bit of a rework and update but the important stuff is still there)
buffalorifles.com.au
We shoot from 200 out to 1000 yards on metal gongs, ( including a buffalo of course ) and also paper target "Creedmoor" type shoots sometimes. We are also a licenced pistol club but that is not our main purpose.
There is free camping at our ranges.
We have a small clubhouse at Cooyal with kitchen, toilets, hot shower and barbeque to use. The Cooyal pub is just over a kilometre away for evening meals and refreshments also.
"Nioka" is on a property about 1/2 an hour out of Gunnedah and is pretty much fend for yourself but there is a firepit with a cooking plate, (fetch your own firewood on the property) and also a gas BBQ. There are long drop dunnies and showering facilities.
Please feel free to PM me if you are interested in coming along to a shoot. :welcome:
Last edited by Gamerancher on 11 Oct 2022, 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gamerancher
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

New South Wales

Re: Buffalo Rifle Association of Australia

Post by on_one_wheel » 11 Oct 2022, 2:43 am

Byo buffalo ... that could be arranged

I hope you bang some photos up after the event :thumbsup:
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Gamerancher » 11 Oct 2022, 8:13 am

You bring the buffalo, I'll bring the knives to slice him up for the BBQ when we're finished. :thumbsup: :drinks:
Gamerancher
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

New South Wales

Post by Oldbloke » 11 Oct 2022, 10:47 am

on_one_wheel wrote:Byo buffalo ... that could be arranged

I hope you bang some photos up after the event :thumbsup:

Do me a favour. Bring back the boot licker. :D
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Return to Black powder shooting