Webley R.I.C. .442CF reloading

Black powder rifles and pistols, reloading black powder, and other information. The smoky stuff.

Webley R.I.C. .442CF reloading

Post by queeg730 » 10 Jul 2023, 3:20 pm

Hi folks,
I am trying to reload this old black powder revolver, and having some difficulty finding dies etc.
I have used 44 SPl cases and have resized the lead projectile to .436 (as specified), but can't get anything to crimp the projectile... it just falls out of the case.
Is anyone here aware of where, or how to source proper reloading dies for this old BP calibre?

thanks,
Mike
queeg730
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Re: Webley R.I.C. .442CF reloading

Post by queeg730 » 10 Jul 2023, 3:22 pm

Looks like the image didn't post properly.. here is a link to it: https://mobmbl.com/images/RIC/RIC_IMG_1376.jpg
Mike
queeg730
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by No1_49er » 10 Jul 2023, 3:38 pm

queeg730 wrote:Looks like the image didn't post properly.. here is a link to it: https://mobmbl.com/images/RIC/RIC_IMG_1376.jpg
Mike

That link doesnt want to work.
Proud member of "the powerful gun lobby" of Australia :)
No1_49er
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by No1Mk3 » 10 Jul 2023, 5:56 pm

G'day queeg730,
CH4D make dies for this cartridge, very expensive. For crimping, I have heard of people using a modified 38/40 die but my choice is a modified Lee 44mag roll crimp die, you will need to shorten the die to suit your brass. Best of luck.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by queeg730 » 12 Jul 2023, 12:45 am

Thanks folks for all your replies... greatly appreciated.
No1_49er:
The llnk... yes, it seems that my hosting service does not allow "hotlinking", or clicking on a link... If you copy the link and paste it in to a new browser tab, it works. I tried to post it here again though.... nothing much to look at :D
No1Mk3:
I will look into the Lee die... As far as shortening it... is it just a matter of taking to it with an angle grinder or a hacksaw???? :lol: :lol:

cheers all...
Mike
queeg730
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Return to Black powder shooting