Jail for "hunter"

Shooting in the news and political arena.

Jail for "hunter"

Post by Bigjobss » 14 Jul 2017, 10:01 am

Fairfax going full Fairfax today:
http://www.theage.com.au/video/video-ne ... 4w2l3.html

Would appear he was going to jail for training his dogs for hunting; but

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/cobra ... qar9i.html

Seems they forgot to mention they already reported last year that:
"Among Kennedy's offences were aggravated cruelty to a deer, boar, goat and cat. He was also convicted for hunting game without a licence, six counts of theft, three counts of burglary and a number of traffic offences"

Not defending this guy as he has obviously been a naughty boy with questionable morals and ethics, but the misleading and tabloid nature of the video is both hilarious and dissapointing, more fodder for the antis to paint hunters as all being irresponsible rednecks.
Bigjobss
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Re: Jail for "hunter"

Post by Dexer » 14 Jul 2017, 10:27 am

Pretty dumb stuff. Not a hunter at all IMO...

What always gets me is the amount of people caught without a game license... They're relatively cheap and quite straightforward to apply for. I'd be quite paranoid without one. Not that this guy was ever hunting by the looks of it...
Dexer
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Norton » 14 Jul 2017, 10:52 am

Same old ignoring the facts for a scandalous headline and a jab at the LAFO community.
CZ 550 American Safari Magnum in .416 Rigby

Other puny calibre rifles... What man would want you now?
Norton
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 14 Jul 2017, 12:59 pm

Got what he deserved by the sounds of it, which is great to see.
bigfellascott
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

-

Post by Osty » 14 Jul 2017, 1:30 pm

Don't see any references to the guy as a "hunter" in the video or report, which he clearly is not. Failing to link the video to last year's report is a bit misleading but overall I'd say releasing the footage was in the public interest. The guy is a proud criminal and deserves everything he gets.

On a side note, that video reminds me of the "dodgy guy" type reports on Current Affair or Today Tonight. The chaser explained the format pretty well here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMVKv3He3Mg.
Lithgow LA101 Walnut .22LR - 4.5-18x40 Bushnell AR-Optic
Winchester M70 Alaskan 30-06SPR - 3-9x40 Leupold VX-2
If you can't grow it, you have to mine it.
Osty
Private
Private

Tasmania

Post by bladeracer » 14 Jul 2017, 2:13 pm

I think he predicted it for himself :-)
Attachments
Kaleb Kennedy.JPG
Kaleb Kennedy.JPG (23.32 KiB) Viewed 439 times
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Brigadier
Brigadier

Victoria

Post by Bigjobss » 14 Jul 2017, 6:02 pm

Maybe I am less sensitive than some but nothing in the video (apart from the gate breaking, I mean, how dumb can a man be) is overly offensive to me, just looks like dogs working, ever seen dogs go after pigs or wounded ducks? Much more violent.

My problem with the video is that they show typical hunting scenes and manipulate the edit to evoke an emotional response and imply that these actions lead to the man being convicted, ignoring the multiple other criminal acts.
No it is not an outright "hunters are bad" but it plants a more subtle message into the mind of the viewer.
Bigjobss
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by bigfellascott » 14 Jul 2017, 10:09 pm

Bigjobss wrote:Maybe I am less sensitive than some but nothing in the video (apart from the gate breaking, I mean, how dumb can a man be) is overly offensive to me, just looks like dogs working, ever seen dogs go after pigs or wounded ducks? Much more violent.

My problem with the video is that they show typical hunting scenes and manipulate the edit to evoke an emotional response and imply that these actions lead to the man being convicted, ignoring the multiple other criminal acts.
No it is not an outright "hunters are bad" but it plants a more subtle message into the mind of the viewer.

I think those with a brain will see what he really got jailed for. :thumbsup:
bigfellascott
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

-

Post by bladeracer » 15 Jul 2017, 1:54 am

Bigjobss wrote:Maybe I am less sensitive than some but nothing in the video (apart from the gate breaking, I mean, how dumb can a man be) is overly offensive to me, just looks like dogs working, ever seen dogs go after pigs or wounded ducks? Much more violent.

To me hunting is about a clean kill without pain or fear to your target. Sending a pack of dogs after an animal is not hunting in my book.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Brigadier
Brigadier

Victoria

Post by gazza » 15 Jul 2017, 6:47 am

Without the music I could almost picture David Attenborough there.
gazza
Corporal
Corporal

South Australia

Post by Bigjobss » 15 Jul 2017, 1:16 pm

bigfellascott wrote:

I think those with a brain will see what he really got jailed for. :thumbsup:

You are right, Fairfax and MSM aren't a threat to anyone anymore, they are dying slowly and trying to take as many innocents with them along the way, these days I rate journalists below contracted speed camera operators.
Bigjobss
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Bigjobss » 15 Jul 2017, 1:17 pm

gazza wrote:Without the music I could almost picture David Attenborough there.

I like you
Bigjobss
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 15 Jul 2017, 1:21 pm

"these days I rate journalists below contracted speed camera operators."

Is that above or below polititions?
Hunt safe, look after the bush & plug more pests. :thumbsup: Better to load on the mild side. :o The greatest invention in the history of man is beer. :drinks:
Oldbloke
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Victoria

Post by Bigjobss » 15 Jul 2017, 3:15 pm

Oldbloke wrote:"these days I rate journalists below contracted speed camera operators."

Is that above or below polititions?

Depends on how Green they are.
Bigjobss
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Bigjobss » 16 Jul 2017, 3:29 pm

Follow up:
http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/six-m ... wo2fz.html

Pretty tame but they did get a quick jab in:
"The case highlights an alarming trend among young men in north-east Victoria and southern NSW, who gloat about the killing on social media."

Nice statement of oppinion here in a 'news' piece, not sure who the author has refferenced so I am assuming that she is alarmed by this oddly geographically specifc 'trend'.
I am equally alarmed by the amount of douchebags taking photos of their lunch and gloating on social media, neither are my thing but hey whatever floats your boat I guess.
Bigjobss
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Rocker » 17 Jul 2017, 4:54 pm

Bigjobss wrote:these days I rate journalists below contracted speed camera operators.

I rate them just below where I take a dump :lol:
Sako A7 30-06
Marlin 1895 Guide Gun 45-70
Rocker
Sergeant
Sergeant

South Australia

Return to Media and politics