Invasive animals inquiry Vic government

Shooting in the news and political arena.

Invasive animals inquiry Vic government

Post by Baronvonrort » 06 Jan 2018, 11:23 pm

Interesting read, I wonder why the government even bothers with Parliamentary inquiries when it doesn't follow the recommendations.

Page 252-
FINDING 55: Using category C and D firearms can assist in achieving greater efficiency in controlling invasive animals. While professional pest controllers are eligible to apply for category C and D firearms and primary producers may apply for category C firearms for pest control, recreational hunters are not eligible to access these categories.

RECOMMENDATION 16: That the Victorian Government consult with Victoria Police in relation to recreational hunters having access to category C and D firearms to facilitate greater invasive animal and pest control.
https://www.parliament.vic.gov.au/images/stories/committees/enrc/Invasive_Animals_on_Crown_land/Final_Report/ENRRDC_58-04_Text_WEB.pdf

I thought the governments job was to make the laws and the police are just public servants who enforce the laws, in a police state the police get to make the laws since when did we become a police state?

A few other good things in there like sound moderators etc, this inquiry was obviously a waste of time when the government ignores the recommendations.
Baronvonrort
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

New South Wales

Re: Invasive animals inquiry Vic government

Post by Crazy » 07 Jan 2018, 12:20 am

Baronvonrort wrote:Interesting read, I wonder why the government even bothers with Parliamentary inquiries when it doesn't follow the recommendations.

Page 252-
FINDING 55: Using category C and D firearms can assist in achieving greater efficiency in controlling invasive animals. While professional pest controllers are eligible to apply for category C and D firearms and primary producers may apply for category C firearms for pest control, recreational hunters are not eligible to access these categories.

RECOMMENDATION 16: That the Victorian Government consult with Victoria Police in relation to recreational hunters having access to category C and D firearms to facilitate greater invasive animal and pest control.
https://www.parliament.vic.gov.au/images/stories/committees/enrc/Invasive_Animals_on_Crown_land/Final_Report/ENRRDC_58-04_Text_WEB.pdf

I thought the governments job was to make the laws and the police are just public servants who enforce the laws, in a police state the police get to make the laws since when did we become a police state?

A few other good things in there like sound moderators etc, this inquiry was obviously a waste of time when the government ignores the recommendations.

We can only dream that the government takes on some of these recommendations, i don't know about you but i would love to have access to semi autos and suppressors.
Crazy
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by bentaz » 07 Jan 2018, 5:50 am

Yeah, I bet it costs a fair bit of our tax dollars to continue ignoring reports like that.
Interestingly though my state member who I've always dismissed as a liberal party gun grabber was part of that, maybe I'll have to go to his BBQ next year!
Cheers
Bentaz

southwest shooter wrote:45-70 govt , the only government I trust ..
bentaz
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 07 Jan 2018, 11:18 am

Off subject here but. KISS, all manually operated rifles and shottys should be same category . B. I have never understood the arguments over pumps and levers.

Semi's maybe with limited\internal magazine capacity should be treated the same.

Silencers, same, no reason why they shouldn't be allowed. Personally I wouldn't bother, but they have merit.
Hunt safe, look after the bush & plug more pests. :thumbsup: Better to load on the mild side. :o The greatest invention in the history of man is beer. :drinks: "Often the written message doesn't convey all of the information"
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 07 Jan 2018, 11:18 am

bentaz wrote:Yeah, I bet it costs a fair bit of our tax dollars to continue ignoring reports like that.
Interestingly though my state member who I've always dismissed as a liberal party gun grabber was part of that, maybe I'll have to go to his BBQ next year!

Yep, you should if you can.
Hunt safe, look after the bush & plug more pests. :thumbsup: Better to load on the mild side. :o The greatest invention in the history of man is beer. :drinks: "Often the written message doesn't convey all of the information"
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Kipper » 18 Jan 2018, 10:38 am

Baronvonrort wrote:Interesting read, I wonder why the government even bothers with Parliamentary inquiries when it doesn't follow the recommendations.

So they can say they tried to do the right thing, then they'll just find a sound bite from someone opposing them and blame them for it.
Kipper
Corporal
Corporal

Australian Capital Territory

Return to Media and politics