And so it Begins... SMH opens up on the Gun Lobby

Shooting in the news and political arena.

Re: And so it Begins... SMH opens up on the Gun Lobby

Post by AusTac » 14 May 2018, 10:20 am

Bunch of dicks, they'll never see logical reason
Certified part time hillbilly
AusTac
Captain
Captain

-

Post by Gaznazdiak » 14 May 2018, 3:17 pm

PaddyT wrote:The tragedy is WA is simply awful.

I know this is most likely a typo, but from all reports if you're a gun owner, it sounds about right.
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by bentaz » 14 May 2018, 4:48 pm

Gaznazdiak wrote:

I know this is most likely a typo, but from all reports if you're a gun owner, it sounds about right.

Lol!
Cheers
Bentaz

southwest shooter wrote:45-70 govt , the only government I trust ..
bentaz
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Victoria

Post by Pennsylvania Yank » 14 May 2018, 10:33 pm

As an American listening to the rhetoric of the gun ban lobby in my country, it's very instructional to read the linked editorial and find out that:

1. Australia does not currently have strong enough gun ownership or gun security laws.

2. The dangerous loophole in the current gun laws in Australia according to the writer, seems to be the fact that you still have something called "legal gun owners" and that that loophole needs to be closed.

So while there are many in my country who are salivating at the notion of adopting the Australian gun ban model as a "common sense" measure, we must keep in mind who these people are. They will not stop, ever.
Pennsylvania Yank
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

United States of America

Post by wanneroo » 15 May 2018, 4:30 am

Well hopefully Australian gun owners have learned that all these big government people want is total control and to do it they need all guns out of the hands of citizens. I think many Australians thought that after Port Arthur and all the new laws that it would be the last they would hear of it, but no, that's the not the way it works. Us in the USA fight this all the time at the local, state and federal level.
wanneroo
Corporal
Corporal

United States of America

Post by PaddyT » 15 May 2018, 8:25 am

bentaz wrote:
Gaznazdiak wrote:

Lol!

Yeah it was a typo but from what i understand of the laws in WA im glad im not there! Despite the fact that I like WA as a place :D
PaddyT
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by bullzeye » 15 May 2018, 12:47 pm

LAFOs are some of the most responsible people in the community.

Of course there are always a few bad eggs in any bunch. But why punish us all when 99.9% of us do nothing wrong.

Usual left wing hippy BS, like usual.
bullzeye
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by bentaz » 15 May 2018, 4:41 pm

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.wat ... 4zf1p.html
Some common sense from the WA gov and police so far is a good sign!
Cheers
Bentaz

bentaz
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Victoria

Post by Daddybang » 15 May 2018, 5:41 pm

bentaz wrote:https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.watoday.com.au/national/western-australia/premier-police-defend-gun-laws-in-wake-of-margaret-river-tragedy-20180513-p4zf1p.html
Some common sense from the WA gov and police so far is a good sign!

Yep as much as it annoys me to say it the political and police response to this tragedy seems to be well balanced and commonsense based :thumbsup: :drinks:
We are The paint where there ain't supposed to be paint
Daddybang
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Queensland

Post by bentaz » 15 May 2018, 6:06 pm

dont be annoyed mate!
Cheers
Bentaz

bentaz
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Victoria

Post by Daddybang » 15 May 2018, 6:23 pm

I just find it annoying that they are capable of looking at firearms in a fair and reasonable manner but all too often they choose not to!! :lol: :drinks:
We are The paint where there ain't supposed to be paint
Daddybang
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Queensland

Post by Gaznazdiak » 15 May 2018, 7:25 pm

Good response from the police, but the reporter still managed to conflate the number of guns owned with the chance of becoming a mass murderer by pointing out that both Peter Miles and Stephen Paddock owned more than one firearm.
One thing we forget sometimes is that the police don't enact the discriminatory laws they are employed to enforce, and have little discretionary ability in many cases.
Then there is the fact that, being people, some of them are just cunning stunts.
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by bentaz » 15 May 2018, 7:31 pm

Gaznazdiak wrote:Good response from the police, but the reporter still managed to conflate the number of guns owned with the chance of becoming a mass murderer by pointing out that both Peter Miles and Stephen Paddock owned more than one firearm.
One thing we forget sometimes is that the police don't enact the discriminatory laws they are employed to enforce, and have little discretionary ability in many cases.
Then there is the fact that, being people, some of them are just cunning stunts.

More and more though the police are influencing or at least trying to influence the laws!
Cheers
Bentaz

bentaz
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Victoria

Post by Gaznazdiak » 16 May 2018, 8:35 am

bentaz wrote:
Gaznazdiak wrote:Good response from the police, but the reporter still managed to conflate the number of guns owned with the chance of becoming a mass murderer by pointing out that both Peter Miles and Stephen Paddock owned more than one firearm.

More and more though the police are influencing or at least trying to influence the laws!

Those would be the cunning stunts to which I refered, who aren't doing so because they are rozzers but because they are just c**ts.
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by pedro4977 » 17 May 2018, 6:44 pm

Spot on Paddy T but,
He’s most likely a vegan cyclist who doesn’t own a car.
He wouldn’t know how to operate a mower most likely or has issues with petrol mowers or pays someone to mow his lawn.
He is obviously to stupid to be a prostitute.
As far as using him having a penis, that sounds debatable. If he did I don’t think he’d have any balls to go with it.
People like this are to be ignored and be pittied. It’s not his fault his parents were breeding from a limited gene pool.
He’s just a crow on a slaughter yard fence
You can’t legislate against ignorance, stupidity or an opinion made up of both!
pedro4977
Private
Private

Australian Capital Territory

Post by Gaznazdiak » 17 May 2018, 7:24 pm

Just watching The Drum on ABC24, surprise surprise, the murdering bastard Peter Miles, who annihilated his entire family was a serial domestic violence perpetrator.
As we have all known from the start, this is a violent bastard issue, not a firearm issue.
The worthless f**kbag that commited this atrocity, Peter Miles, even composed violent , abusive "poetry" to intimidate his daughter.
Well past time those in power focus on the the perpetrator and not the tool.
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Southpaw » 17 May 2018, 10:38 pm

You know how there’s all the other news stories at the bottom of the article? This one was at the bottom of his.
In the words of that song “isn’t it ironic, don’t you think?”
Guns can save lives too...

https://www.smh.com.au/world/south-amer ... 4zfeg.html
Attachments
2D091D5B-852A-4FAC-933F-33F6E5721B7F.jpeg
2D091D5B-852A-4FAC-933F-33F6E5721B7F.jpeg (140.94 KiB) Viewed 220 times
Southpaw
Private
Private

Tasmania

Post by Heckler303 » 26 May 2018, 4:23 pm

That was a garbage-truck fire of an article.

Urban gun owners should not be allowed to hold their weapons in houses in the suburbs and the sale quantity of ammunition should be highly regulated. Guns should be held in a secure lock-up in a police station and the gun enthusiast must provide two weeks’ notice of intention to use the gun, with details of where and with whom they will go with the weapon. They would pick up the weapon on the morning it is required and return it within seven days. No non-farmer should be allowed to own more than one firearm.

Oh look at Mr Authoritarian here. I don't think he understands the concept of private property. Why do they feel the need to dictate what I can and can't own?

Anyone, especially someone like us as law abiding licensed gun owners should be able to keep our guns locked up in our own homes, not centralized in one place for crooks to steal at will. This w@nker is so out of touch with reality that its laughable.
If something doesn't work, apply rule .303!
Title_II wrote:If you carry a fun in Australia you will go to jail.
Heckler303
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Tasmania

PreviousNext

Return to Media and politics