Please Sign This Petition.

Shooting in the news and political arena.

Re: Please Sign This Petition.

Post by Keith » 14 Oct 2018, 6:54 am

bigrich wrote:i'm not a black powder shooter, but as a act of solidarity with other shooting diciplines i've signed . petitions for changes to black powder,shotguns,handguns,archery, air rifles, hunting state forests, i'll sign the lot. UNITED WE STAND,DIVIDED WE FALL :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :drinks:

Excellent bigrich, much appreciated.
Keith.
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less travelled by,
and that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost.
Keith
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Daddybang » 14 Oct 2018, 7:52 am

bigrich wrote:i'm not a black powder shooter, but as a act of solidarity with other shooting diciplines i've signed . petitions for changes to black powder,shotguns,handguns,archery, air rifles, hunting state forests, i'll sign the lot. UNITED WE STAND,DIVIDED WE FALL :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :drinks:

Well said bigrich!!! :thumbsup: :drinks:
Signed :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Keith » 14 Oct 2018, 8:21 am

Daddybang wrote:

Well said bigrich!!! :thumbsup: :drinks:
Signed :drinks:

:thumbsup:
Keith.
Robert Frost.
Keith
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Stix » 14 Oct 2018, 9:19 am

Well i think its wise for people to do a lot of thinking before coming to a decision as to sign this petition...(and other petitions like it)...

You see, one must take into account all aspects of the petition before just blatently signing for support of such things with people you dont know...!!!

Particularly take into consideratiin points telated to public danger etc...!!... :?

For example, with these type of firearms, one must consider the ease of availability to the average crazy kunt, as compared to any standard firearm or pistol.

One must also take into VERY SERIOUS CONSIDERATION the rate at which these type of firearms can be reloaded & fired again... :twisted:

So, for instance, one must gather much detailed data on mass shootings by an individual by using a concealed carry muzzle loading pistol...not to mention how easy it would be to carry umpteen pounds of lead & a couple of horns full of powder...!!! :clap:

These is also the fact of if a mass shooting were to happen how the perp's position would remain inconspicuous because you couldnt find them due to the black cloud of smoke they can hide in...!!! :shock:

Seriously...what has happened to this country that this petition has to circulatr...Fukn d**kheads...too many of them have bred & been listened to...not to mention voted in...!!! :crazy:

Sorry about that... :)
i signed it yesterday not long after the posting but i didnnt say so... (i usaially sign sensible petitions put up here).
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Major
Major

South Australia

Post by Keith » 14 Oct 2018, 9:42 am

Stix wrote:Well i think its wise for people to do a lot of thinking before coming to a decision as to sign this petition...(and other petitions like it)...

You see, one must take into account all aspects of the petition before just blatently signing for support of such things with people you dont know...!!!

Particularly take into consideratiin points telated to public danger etc...!!... :?

For example, with these type of firearms, one must consider the ease of availability to the average crazy kunt, as compared to any standard firearm or pistol.

One must also take into VERY SERIOUS CONSIDERATION the rate at which these type of firearms can be reloaded & fired again... :twisted:

So, for instance, one must gather much detailed data on mass shootings by an individual by using a concealed carry muzzle loading pistol...not to mention how easy it would be to carry umpteen pounds of lead & a couple of horns full of powder...!!! :clap:

These is also the fact of if a mass shooting were to happen how the perp's position would remain inconspicuous because you couldnt find them due to the black cloud of smoke they can hide in...!!! :shock:

Seriously...what has happened to this country that this petition has to circulatr...Fukn d**kheads...too many of them have bred & been listened to...not to mention voted in...!!! :crazy:

Sorry about that... :)
i signed it yesterday not long after the posting but i didnnt say so... (i usaially sign sensible petitions put up here).

You had me going for a couple of seconds there mate :) Good post & reply, thank you :D
Regards, Keith.
Robert Frost.
Keith
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Stix » 14 Oct 2018, 10:02 am

No worries keith... :thumbsup:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Major
Major

South Australia

Post by bigrich » 14 Oct 2018, 10:16 am

good on ya stix :lol: yeh mate,a nut job taking pot shots from a bell tower would be a hard target for police snipers with all the smoke :lol: not too mention a armoured car robbery after a warning shot, "now you fellas just wait a minute while i reload my black powder pistol" . yes, the government and the anti's have every right to be concerned about availability of black powder firearms :sarcasm: :thumbsup: :drinks: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Gaznazdiak » 14 Oct 2018, 11:30 am

bigrich wrote:good on ya stix :lol: yeh mate,a nut job taking pot shots from a bell tower would be a hard target for police snipers with all the smoke :lol: not too mention a armoured car robbery after a warning shot, "now you fellas just wait a minute while i reload my black powder pistol" . yes, the government and the anti's have every right to be concerned about availability of black powder firearms :sarcasm: :thumbsup: :drinks: :thumbsup:

I can almost picture Sam Lee reading this thread:

"OMG, what is this black powder they speak of? Sounds like something evil that needs banning!"
:lol:
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

New South Wales

Post by bigpete » 14 Oct 2018, 6:05 pm

Signed yesterday. Personally,as I use muzzleloaders for hunting,I'd very much like to be able to have a pistol to complement the outfit as it were,and provide a quick back up shot in the event of a wounded animal.
bigpete
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

South Australia

Post by Keith » 15 Oct 2018, 6:32 am

bigpete wrote:Signed yesterday. Personally,as I use muzzleloaders for hunting,I'd very much like to be able to have a pistol to complement the outfit as it were,and provide a quick back up shot in the event of a wounded animal.

Totally agree bigpete, & thank you for signing.
Keith.
Robert Frost.
Keith
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Keith » 02 Nov 2018, 2:25 pm

Update & reminder for those that have not signed as yet.
The laws regarding muzzle-loading pistols has nothing to do with public safety!

Nothing to do with public safety? Let me prove it to you.

Anyone can purchase a flintlock, Wheelock or matchlock pistol, no licence is required & no permit to purchase or registration providing it was made before 1901 ad. However, the government says that you are not allowed to shoot or in their words “use” these pistols unless you join a pistol club & purchase an “H” class license. So you see, this has nothing to do with acquiring a gun, it is to do with being given lawful permission to “use” this gun. How many criminals do you know of that obey gun laws???!!!

So the only people disadvantaged by this law are the law abiding gun owners, NOT THE CRIMINALS!!! I have nothing against not requiring a license to purchase one of these primitive antique muzzle-loading guns; no criminal would ever use one of these guns, plus they would need a license to purchase the Black Powder/gunpowder which they would not have, so why disadvantage law abiding citizens? Why can’t we “use” these guns? If the government wants us to pay for the privilege, then why not create a separate licence for these antique guns?

Another point which many people may not understand, ALL muzzle-loading pistols, antiques & copies still made today all work in the same way, there is NO difference between a modern muzzle-loader & an antique muzzle-loader. So why does the government make a separate license for replicas when no license is required for an antique? Replica or antique, there is no difference, no criminal would ever use one of these guns because: They only have one shot, they are slow & difficult to load, they are unreliable, they are expensive to purchase, they are difficult to carry in a pocket, they create too much smoke when fired, & it is far easier to obtain a modern firearm & cut it down to size!!!
Petition Site Here: https://www.change.org/p/to-the-honourable-the-speaker-and-members-of-the-legislative-assembly-of-new-south-wales-in-parliam-muzzle-loading-pistols-to-be-placed-on-a-less-restrictive-licence/u/23519751

Video Here: https://youtu.be/6mwHRhQrjOI
Keith.
Robert Frost.
Keith
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Daddybang » 09 Nov 2018, 6:12 am

Absolutely disgraceful that this petition has only received 89 signatures. .. so much for shooter unity :thumbsdown:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by grandadbushy » 09 Nov 2018, 7:23 am

Exactly DB this is when anti gun nuts get their info together and law makers make their move to tighten gun laws
when they see there's no unity amongst shooters
SO COME ON BOYS AND GIRLS OF THIS FORUM SIGN THIS BLOODY PETITION
Thank you one and all in advance and bring back the old Australian bushy way ''Play together and stay together''
Snoozing is loosing so lets all wake up and stop these stupid laws from being tightened any further for our kids sake if
nothing else
grandadbushy
Captain
Captain

Queensland

Post by No1_49er » 09 Nov 2018, 12:30 pm

Signed when it first came out. But, the followup reminders make for depressing reading.
How can it be that every single person on this forum has not signed. Absolute apathy. Oh, and surely there are more than 85 people on this forum.
Not just this forum because I believe Keith also posted on the ShootingAustralia site. More effing apathy.
Come on guys, even if you don't ever want to shoot a muzzle loading pistol - cap lock, flinter, wheel lock, rope lock, whatever, it's incumbent on you AS A SHOOTER to sign.
There ya go, Keith. Can't put it any clearer than that.
Proud member of "the powerful gun lobby" of Australia :)
No1_49er
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Keith » 09 Nov 2018, 12:56 pm

grandadbushy wrote:Exactly DB this is when anti gun nuts get their info together and law makers make their move to tighten gun laws
when they see there's no unity amongst shooters
SO COME ON BOYS AND GIRLS OF THIS FORUM SIGN THIS BLOODY PETITION
Thank you one and all in advance and bring back the old Australian bushy way ''Play together and stay together''
Snoozing is loosing so lets all wake up and stop these stupid laws from being tightened any further for our kids sake if
nothing else

Keith.
Robert Frost.
Keith
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Keith » 09 Nov 2018, 12:57 pm

No1_49er wrote:Signed when it first came out. But, the followup reminders make for depressing reading.
How can it be that every single person on this forum has not signed. Absolute apathy. Oh, and surely there are more than 85 people on this forum.
Not just this forum because I believe Keith also posted on the ShootingAustralia site. More effing apathy.
Come on guys, even if you don't ever want to shoot a muzzle loading pistol - cap lock, flinter, wheel lock, rope lock, whatever, it's incumbent on you AS A SHOOTER to sign.

Keith.
Robert Frost.
Keith
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by No1_49er » 14 Nov 2018, 12:10 pm

Keith wrote:
No1_49er wrote:Signed when it first came out. But, the followup reminders make for depressing reading.

Keith.

Keith, I have to say I find it more than a bit disturbing that after another five days from the previous flurry of posts, that there are TWO more people who have added their support to the petition. They may not even be frequenters of this site. That's worse than apathy.
I can understand your frustration when you say -

"Make no mistake, if we do not all back each other there is no way you will keep your guns let alone regain what we have lost. The gun lobby will not rest until gun clubs are shut down, & further restrictions are placed on hunting & sports.

This is the second time round for this petition, & I will not be trying again if I fail getting this one tabled. I am backing the gun fraternity as much as I can, now how about you giving me a hand up?"

Is there any way that you can link an input to the petition directly from this forum? Especially so that the apathetic in our fraternity can see the result we are not achieving.
Proud member of "the powerful gun lobby" of Australia :)
No1_49er
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Keith » 14 Nov 2018, 12:37 pm

No1_49er wrote:
Keith wrote:

Keith.

Keith, I have to say I find it more than a bit disturbing that after another five days from the previous flurry of posts, that there are TWO more people who have added their support to the petition. They may not even be frequenters of this site. That's worse than apathy.
I can understand your frustration when you say -

"Make no mistake, if we do not all back each other there is no way you will keep your guns let alone regain what we have lost. The gun lobby will not rest until gun clubs are shut down, & further restrictions are placed on hunting & sports.

This is the second time round for this petition, & I will not be trying again if I fail getting this one tabled. I am backing the gun fraternity as much as I can, now how about you giving me a hand up?"

Is there any way that you can link an input to the petition directly from this forum? Especially so that the apathetic in our fraternity can see the result we are not achieving.

Do you mean advertise this particular thread on popular media?
Keith.
Robert Frost.
Keith
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

PreviousNext

Return to Media and politics