Federal Election

Shooting in the news and political arena.

Re: Federal Election

Post by bigrich » 14 May 2019, 11:12 am

And don’t you take bill too seriously either stix . The bohemian probably doesn’t like hornet rifles either :lol:
bigrich
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Stix » 14 May 2019, 11:36 am

bigrich wrote:Hey stix if this topic doesn’t get that high in the posts I’ll just catch it up on the next political post. I like the reference to Howard and Costello. Reminds me of the 1950’s comedy team of Abbott and Costello. They were all clowns. Lol . And no , ya still can’t have my hornet rifle . Lol

:thumbsup:
You can keep your hornet mate...after recent discussions about 17 cals, im more keen on a 17 hornet now...
Cant afford one anyway... :thumbsdown:
:drinks:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Captain
Captain

South Australia

Post by Stix » 14 May 2019, 11:57 am

Bill wrote:Stix you can lead a dog to water but that dont mean he's not got roll in sheep s**t. Ive come to the conclusion that chip on your shoulder prevents you from looking left :lol: :lol:

actually just look right ahead because a long line of so called Liberals have jumped ship and we just have a bunch of right wing hacks fighting over the last life Jacket...... :violin:

:lol:

Bill, i dont think i have a chip on my shoulder...the last hoo-haa ive hsd here with the unwanted hole in the target, was not specifically Lib based...it was merely calling out someone picking a point in time in political history, & lying by omission to push an agenda...
If you read back, ive mentioned both medicare & gst--key economic points originally, & no doubt conveniently omitted...that did not come from any chip i assure you...

And i fsil to see how bursting housing bubbles in Japan 30 yrs ago are relevant to this weekends wake...

And as for the boat, mate someone else can have the life jacjet mate...you wont even get a mooring at the wharf on your return to land with all the boats lined up in the harbour shipping in the Syrians & Indonesians mate...

Ill have no choice but ride the downhill rolercoaster, & watch the already inflated housing & rental prices continue to rise due to negative gearing changes...putting further divide into our already segregated society.
And dont fool yourself this wont happen--to think tens of thousands of people will loose income from super investments, & housing investors will just find some magical tree to teplace this no longrr existant income stream is just naive...all this will do is take more money from the lower incomes & push up cost of living...it will stab you good...!!

Hopefully ill find solice one day when i get to shoot that sex bomb Martini of yours...!!
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Captain
Captain

South Australia

Post by bigrich » 14 May 2019, 12:15 pm

Stix wrote:
bigrich wrote:Hey stix if this topic doesn’t get that high in the posts I’ll just catch it up on the next political post. I like the reference to Howard and Costello. Reminds me of the 1950’s comedy team of Abbott and Costello. They were all clowns. Lol . And no , ya still can’t have my hornet rifle . Lol

:thumbsup:
You can keep your hornet mate...after recent discussions about 17 cals, im more keen on a 17 hornet now...
Cant afford one anyway... :thumbsdown:

Funny you should say that, I was looking at 17 hornet myself. Quite a amazing caliber even at distance
bigrich
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by JSS » 14 May 2019, 12:52 pm

Ziad wrote:Bud...Weis....er

Ok ok it wasn't the frog but an iguana

:lol: :lol: Those ads were cool weren't they.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aS3op_7QVIY
JSS
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Flyer » 14 May 2019, 2:09 pm

Stix wrote:
Bill wrote:Stix you can lead a dog to water but that dont mean he's not got roll in sheep s**t. Ive come to the conclusion that chip on your shoulder prevents you from looking left :lol: :lol:

actually just look right ahead because a long line of so called Liberals have jumped ship and we just have a bunch of right wing hacks fighting over the last life Jacket...... :violin:

:lol:

Bill, i dont think i have a chip on my shoulder...the last hoo-haa ive hsd here with the unwanted hole in the target, was not specifically Lib based...it was merely calling out someone picking a point in time in political history, & lying by omission to push an agenda...
If you read back, ive mentioned both medicare & gst--key economic points originally, & no doubt conveniently omitted...that did not come from any chip i assure you...

And i fsil to see how bursting housing bubbles in Japan 30 yrs ago are relevant to this weekends wake...

And as for the boat, mate someone else can have the life jacjet mate...you wont even get a mooring at the wharf on your return to land with all the boats lined up in the harbour shipping in the Syrians & Indonesians mate...

Ill have no choice but ride the downhill rolercoaster, & watch the already inflated housing & rental prices continue to rise due to negative gearing changes...putting further divide into our already segregated society.
And dont fool yourself this wont happen--to think tens of thousands of people will loose income from super investments, & housing investors will just find some magical tree to teplace this no longrr existant income stream is just naive...all this will do is take more money from the lower incomes & push up cost of living...it will stab you good...!!

Hopefully ill find solice one day when i get to shoot that sex bomb Martini of yours...!!

You know, a lack of education isn't an excuse for a lack of intelligence. I like to think some people can have both.

The refrain of the "farkwit" is to believe that Australia is somehow so special that we need a form of housing subsidy that almost no other country in the world has (and does not suffer for it), contributes to inflated housing prices, benefits only those who are in a position to own multiple properties, and that investors can jack their rents up at will be because the market will bear it.

If investors could jack up rents at will (with the removal of negative gearing), they already would. As for impacting the housing market (we'll conveniently forget about the grandfather clause, as well as negative gearing being removed only from existing properties), if said landlords can't jack up their rents because the market won't bear it, and are forced to sell, do you honestly believe no-one will buy those properties?

And how exactly is having negative gearing on existing properties an incentive for building new ones?

So a renter becomes a home owner because - waddaya know? - a market distortion has been removed and the market settles back into the natural law of supply and demand.

I see now why you'd rather hurl insults than have an intelligent debate you're incapable of having. You can go hide under that economic rock of yours now, and continue to fester against NASA and the 95% of scientists on earth who believe made-made emissions over the past 200 years have influenced the atmosphere.

But then, ignorance is bliss, right? :roll:
Flyer
Corporal
Corporal

-

Post by Flyer » 14 May 2019, 2:16 pm

TassieTiger wrote:No, it’s my opinion - if which you seem to be happy to express yours...anyone can come on here and make blanket, clueless statements...of that possibility, we are still free. But it really means nothing to anyone other than the author... I swore to myself a while ago id stay out of the political part of the forum because it just seems to attract a whole lot of ignorance and brain washing...

You can have whatever opinion you like. No-one is stopping you. I'm just not going to entertain your wild tangents or propensity to try to put words into other people's mouths.

Like I said earlier, if someone wants an intelligent debate, let's have one. But I'm fast losing hope of that ever happening around here . . .
Flyer
Corporal
Corporal

-

Post by bigrich » 14 May 2019, 4:41 pm

i fink some fellas on here are taking things way too seriously and personally . politics and religion has started plenty of wars.....everyone has a opinion and a right to voice their opinion . i think everyone can agree that our system is corrupted , and the pollies have their snouts in the feed troff lapping up all that taxpayer funded gravy while they can . but i'm still pationate about having a vote to try to effect change . so vote for the minor of your choice i say .but get out and vote ! don't just complain and then do nothing ! i just got my latest SSAA magazine with a detailed list of statements on firearm laws . gotta say one nations sounds pretty common sensed, as is the conserative libs . SFFP and others, palmer united didn't respond to SSAA's statement request , as did the greens. no supprise :roll: . instead of insults and nit picking why not try constructive conversations to improve shooters situation ? nah, screw it ! it's more fun reading some of the insults on here , just like our political leaders at parliment question time :lol: :lol:

:drinks: :drinks: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by JSS » 14 May 2019, 5:40 pm

TassieTiger wrote:Screw its. I’m goin shootin.

Just print out a copy of Bill Shortens head for your target, i guarantee it will make you feel better, you might even shoot the best group of your life :lol: :lol: :drinks:
JSS
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Ziad » 15 May 2019, 8:30 am

What homer?

Dude don't you know agenda 21 is real.. they first had agenda 1 then found agenda 2... and joined them to make.... agenda 21.

And all these terrorists are actually paid actors. All the politicians and police and media is on it to control and the only way is via an armed mallitia.

Seriously hasn't anyone actually thought this through if agenda really existed they would firstly have a lousy of all people with large stockpiles of ammo and they would go for these first...but wait it gets worse

Does anyone in their right mind think an armed mallitia with a few hundred people could stand against a fully trained army of a few thousands... maybe tens of thousands professional soldiers.... and lay more than a few hours or days at the most... and the first thing they would do is kill the mobile phone towers and telstra exchange/internet
Blame it on the phone auto correct
Ziad
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by wanneroo » 15 May 2019, 10:00 am

Ziad wrote:What homer?

Dude don't you know agenda 21 is real.. they first had agenda 1 then found agenda 2... and joined them to make.... agenda 21.

And all these terrorists are actually paid actors. All the politicians and police and media is on it to control and the only way is via an armed mallitia.

Seriously hasn't anyone actually thought this through if agenda really existed they would firstly have a lousy of all people with large stockpiles of ammo and they would go for these first...but wait it gets worse

Does anyone in their right mind think an armed mallitia with a few hundred people could stand against a fully trained army of a few thousands... maybe tens of thousands professional soldiers.... and lay more than a few hours or days at the most... and the first thing they would do is kill the mobile phone towers and telstra exchange/internet

Well we've been fighting the Taliban since 2001, so long that there are soldiers in the US Army that are deploying to Afghanistan that were born that year and also some who had a parent fight there as well. The taliban wipe their butt with river rocks, live in mud huts and have old beat up guns.

We went through the same thing in Vietnam. Us Americans did the same to the Brits in the Revolution in the 1700s. When we fought the Brits quite often we could rarely put a standing army together, often had our civilian firearms to use or battlefield pickups and relied on locals for food and water.

So yes in my right mind an armed militia could easily stand against a fully trained army.
wanneroo
Corporal
Corporal

United States of America

Post by grandadbushy » 15 May 2019, 10:18 am

Well ziad it's funny you should say that about the mobile ph towers we had fires up here a few mths ago and our mobile phones went down and on the screen was EMERGENCY CALLS ONLY and before that we had a cyclone and the same then with mobiles EMERGENCY CALLS ONLY so in the fires many of us tried to contact people to get out and leave their houses but couldn't get through when Telstra was asked why was this the case I was informed after much debate with them one person actually then said the towers were damaged from the fires ''HAH'' the towers are 400-500klm and relay tower is 80klm away from the fires and when confronted with that she said well it maybe for emergency personal to get through in an EMERGENCY and I said what about other people then she said ''I don't make the decisions sorry'' now if all this is capable in shutting down towers well they are doing it now as they see fit and for days at a time my opinion is they're putting peoples lives at risk like Asthma sufferers and such I have since rang Telstra soon after the event and they deny the whole thing so go figure seems the authorities have their finger everywhere well so it seems
grandadbushy
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Queensland

Post by Ziad » 15 May 2019, 8:04 pm

GDB I think I read somewhere it's done for emergency personnel. Obviously during an emergency everyone wants to call their loved ones this puts too much pressure on the mobile network, its not readily known but many of the emergency services personnel are afford to use mobile phones as their radios can be unreliable. From memory the thought was people would still have a home phone.

Another interesting fact if you dial emergency number your mobile will use any available network, so if you have an optus phone in a telstra only area you can still call 000.

Wanaroo, mate in my fiction scenario, the establishment will identify militia, and attack without warning. But consider Vietnam, it was a country of thick jungle, and basically country that the occupying army was not familiar with.

Afghanistan, those people fought the USSR for 11+ years and fighting the Americans for 10+ years soni suppose they have a bit of training. But the country is very unique, full of very arid and hilly area, with many caves. If you look at history no one has actually been able to conquer the country (tribal areas) from Ghengis Khan. Also going back, it's also country that the occupying forces including American are not familiar with.

Anyway I am not army or mallitia..... so tbh don't really care
Blame it on the phone auto correct
Ziad
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by Strangedog » 16 May 2019, 8:30 am

An armed populous will always form a considerable threat and opposition to an invading, occupying or controlling force. It's happened countless times in history and is the reason IMO that the UN has an agenda to disarm the general population of all countries.
Strangedog
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by bigrich » 16 May 2019, 2:39 pm

Strangedog wrote:An armed populous will always form a considerable threat and opposition to an invading, occupying or controlling force. It's happened countless times in history and is the reason IMO that the UN has an agenda to disarm the general population of all countries.

Agreed
bigrich
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by duncan61 » 16 May 2019, 2:59 pm

Switzerland
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Western Australia

Post by bigfellascott » 16 May 2019, 3:22 pm

When is this Election anyway?
bigfellascott
General
General

-

Post by on_one_wheel » 16 May 2019, 3:25 pm

Saturday
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand.

on_one_wheel LIVES LEFT: 3..BONUS POINTS: 8

Did my post offend you? If you answered yes, send me a PM and I'll direct you to the nearest safe space.
on_one_wheel
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

South Australia

PreviousNext

Return to Media and politics