NSWPOL cancel a licence just for owner showing it to someone

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

NSWPOL cancel a licence just for owner showing it to someone

Post by NSC » 09 Jun 2021, 9:46 am

NSWPOL have reached an all time low and have cancelled a Shooters licence just because he showed someone his pistol licence during a private conversation!


Full story in link below:

https://www.nationalshooting.org.au/nsw ... 3d0x1C8R-8

NSC
NSC
Private
Private
 
Posts: 84
Victoria

Re: NSWPOL cancel a licence just for owner showing it to som

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 09 Jun 2021, 10:28 am

This wont hold up in QCAT(whatever NSW equivalent is called).
Communism_Is_Cancer
Private
Private
 
Posts: 61
Queensland

Re: NSWPOL cancel a licence just for owner showing it to som

Post by Oldbloke » 09 Jun 2021, 12:09 pm

Communism_Is_Cancer wrote:This wont hold up in QCAT(whatever NSW equivalent is called).


I agree. Looks dodgy on the surface.
Good manners are free. Hunt safe, look after the bush & plug more pests. :thumbsup: The greatest invention in the history of man is beer. :drinks: Text alone does not convey the full message. Practice good hygiene.
User avatar
Oldbloke
General
General
 
Posts: 7124
Victoria

Re: NSWPOL cancel a licence just for owner showing it to som

Post by cz515 » 09 Jun 2021, 2:54 pm

Wow, that's pathetic and just illogical from nsw police.
cz515
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
 
Posts: 154
Victoria

Re: NSWPOL cancel a licence just for owner showing it to som

Post by ThePlinkster » 09 Jun 2021, 3:06 pm

Oldbloke wrote:
Communism_Is_Cancer wrote:This wont hold up in QCAT(whatever NSW equivalent is called).


I agree. Looks dodgy on the surface.

+1
ThePlinkster
Private
Private
 
Posts: 77
Victoria

Re: NSWPOL cancel a licence just for owner showing it to som

Post by Oldbloke » 09 Jun 2021, 3:24 pm

Maybe there is more to it that we don't know. But if its true some one in NSW police needs a kick up the backside.
Good manners are free. Hunt safe, look after the bush & plug more pests. :thumbsup: The greatest invention in the history of man is beer. :drinks: Text alone does not convey the full message. Practice good hygiene.
User avatar
Oldbloke
General
General
 
Posts: 7124
Victoria

Re: NSWPOL cancel a licence just for owner showing it to som

Post by No1Mk3 » 09 Jun 2021, 4:00 pm

Start with organizing a boycott of a certain rural supplies business? Even if there were more issues involved the process was not transparent, no appeal procedure involved and vague allegations of "mental health and alcahol issues"?
No1Mk3
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1
 
Posts: 1294
Victoria

Re: NSWPOL cancel a licence just for owner showing it to som

Post by rc42 » 09 Jun 2021, 5:47 pm

I smell some BS here...

Somebody overhearing a conversation where a elderly man is sharing his enjoyment of his shooting hobby and showing what a license card looks like would not be prompted to report that to the police and I wouldn't expect police to react to hearing about a licensed shooter enjoying using his firearms on the range.

My guess would be that he was making some sort of threat of violence or warning that people shouldn't mess with him because he has guns, in which case the revocation in the public interest would be reasonable. An appeal to NCAT is also a reasonable response so I look forward to hearing more details, we currently don't have enough to form a valid opinion.
rc42
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 477
Queensland

Re: NSWPOL cancel a licence just for owner showing it to som

Post by NSC » 09 Jun 2021, 6:20 pm

rc42 wrote:I smell some BS here...

Somebody overhearing a conversation where a elderly man is sharing his enjoyment of his shooting hobby and showing what a license card looks like would not be prompted to report that to the police and I wouldn't expect police to react to hearing about a licensed shooter enjoying using his firearms on the range.

My guess would be that he was making some sort of threat of violence or warning that people shouldn't mess with him because he has guns, in which case the revocation in the public interest would be reasonable. An appeal to NCAT is also a reasonable response so I look forward to hearing more details, we currently don't have enough to form a valid opinion.



RC42 No threats or warnings were made so your opinion is not correct!

The principles of " Natural justice" require the accused be given details of the accusations against them.....NSWPOL were given that opportunity twice but failed to respond.

As we said NSWPOL did not speak to or bother to take a statement from the NORCO employee who was engaged in the conversation so yes there is BS here and we know who it came from lol!

Likewise NO ONE from the accused's pistol club committee of management was able to shed any light on the "accusations" either?

If you are silly or stupid enough to believe the Police are always honest and above board, I pity you!

And yes the NSC very much looks forward to witnesses being cross examined and evidence being produced in Court....

In VICPOL there is actually a term for framing/setting up someone, its called "DOING A BRICKIN" lol!



NSC
NSC
Private
Private
 
Posts: 84
Victoria

Re: NSWPOL cancel a licence just for owner showing it to som

Post by allthegearandnoidea » 09 Jun 2021, 6:40 pm

Definitely more to it than appears imho
allthegearandnoidea
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
 
Posts: 173
Queensland

Re: NSWPOL cancel a licence just for owner showing it to som

Post by NSC » 09 Jun 2021, 6:58 pm

allthegearandnoidea wrote:Definitely more to it than appears imho



FFS.......

Yep Queenslanders!


NSC
NSC
Private
Private
 
Posts: 84
Victoria

Re: NSWPOL cancel a licence just for owner showing it to som

Post by rc42 » 09 Jun 2021, 9:06 pm

NSC wrote:If you are silly or stupid enough to believe the Police are always honest and above board, I pity you!
NSC


No need to be an ass about it, I never said that and never would, of course police tell lies but so do people accused of offenses, the truth, if ever found, is usually somewhere in-between,

But something more going on here to make somebody call the police and make a report in the first place. Whether it was a false report based on some unrelated grudge or something mis-heard or maybe even something inappropriate actually being said.
There aren't enough facts available to call anyone as being completely in the wrong yet although what has been reported from Peter Martin's side certainly suggests no wrong doing on his part.
rc42
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 477
Queensland

Re: NSWPOL cancel a licence just for owner showing it to som

Post by Oldbloke » 09 Jun 2021, 10:01 pm

I just think its great that NSC is trying to help Peter. Perhaps more info will come out in court. But for now we all need to try and put our differences aside and work together. Not argue on a public forum.
Good manners are free. Hunt safe, look after the bush & plug more pests. :thumbsup: The greatest invention in the history of man is beer. :drinks: Text alone does not convey the full message. Practice good hygiene.
User avatar
Oldbloke
General
General
 
Posts: 7124
Victoria

Re: NSWPOL cancel a licence just for owner showing it to som

Post by cz515 » 09 Jun 2021, 10:23 pm

I am surprised.... I think someone has taken over the NSC account as the tone and mannerism has changed, gone a bit agro.
cz515
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
 
Posts: 154
Victoria

Re: NSWPOL cancel a licence just for owner showing it to som

Post by Oldbloke » 09 Jun 2021, 10:53 pm

cz515 wrote:I am surprised.... I think someone has taken over the NSC account as the tone and mannerism has changed, gone a bit agro.


Yes, I've noticed it too. I suspect a bit of frustration coming through.
Good manners are free. Hunt safe, look after the bush & plug more pests. :thumbsup: The greatest invention in the history of man is beer. :drinks: Text alone does not convey the full message. Practice good hygiene.
User avatar
Oldbloke
General
General
 
Posts: 7124
Victoria

Re: NSWPOL cancel a licence just for owner showing it to som

Post by on_one_wheel » 09 Jun 2021, 10:59 pm

cz515 wrote:I am surprised.... I think someone has taken over the NSC account as the tone and mannerism has changed, gone a bit agro.


Agreed... come on mr NCS, I know it can be hard at times but try to keep it professional. :thumbsup:
When representing an organisation it pays not to post anything in anger. Best to stick to the facts at hand and let the rest of us do the unprofessional bits :drinks:

On the subject of flashing our FA licenses, I have done it once accidentally when a police officer asked to see my drivers licence and once deliberately at a post office to confirm my id after reading that my FA license was worth 100 points. The postal worker refused to accept it as a form of id because apparently it was not on their list of accepted id.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
User avatar
on_one_wheel
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
 
Posts: 2405
South Australia

Re: NSWPOL cancel a licence just for owner showing it to som

Post by cz515 » 10 Jun 2021, 12:30 am

A serious question what is so wrong about showing your FA license. Ok I understand people will get scared with real guns but a license

On the other hand I don't get appearance laws, when we are not supposed to show our FA to unlicensed people.. just cuz they might get scared.
cz515
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal
 
Posts: 154
Victoria

Re: NSWPOL cancel a licence just for owner showing it to som

Post by Communism_Is_Cancer » 10 Jun 2021, 6:28 am

A Queensland firearm licence is an acceptable form of ID as it is state issued, has name, date of birth and photograph on it. I have used it to check in for flights. Funnily enough crown casino in Melbourne would not accept this as a form of ID to let me in. They wanted to see a passport or drivers licence. I said so I can go out and buy thousands of rounds of ammunition with this card but not come into your casino. The bloke looked at me with a blank face and said he did not understand. I pulled out my drivers licence and I ended up losing $700 that night on blackjack.
Communism_Is_Cancer
Private
Private
 
Posts: 61
Queensland

Re: NSWPOL cancel a licence just for owner showing it to som

Post by Bugman » 10 Jun 2021, 9:07 am

Oldbloke wrote:I just think its great that NSC is trying to help Peter. Perhaps more info will come out in court. But for now we all need to try and put our differences aside and work together. Not argue on a public forum.

I totally agree. The truth will eventually be revealed.
User avatar
Bugman
Sergeant
Sergeant
 
Posts: 580
New South Wales

Re: NSWPOL cancel a licence just for owner showing it to som

Post by Wm.Traynor » 10 Jun 2021, 9:54 am

Bugman wrote:
Oldbloke wrote:I just think its great that NSC is trying to help Peter. Perhaps more info will come out in court. But for now we all need to try and put our differences aside and work together. Not argue on a public forum.

I totally agree. The truth will eventually be revealed.


I hope the truth is revealed because, from my point of view, it puts the cops in a very bad light. In other words, it makes them sound untrustworthy or capricious. It would be good to get to the bottom of it.
Wm.Traynor
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2
 
Posts: 1157
Queensland

Re: NSWPOL cancel a licence just for owner showing it to som

Post by NSC » 10 Jun 2021, 10:34 am

Oldbloke wrote:
cz515 wrote:I am surprised.... I think someone has taken over the NSC account as the tone and mannerism has changed, gone a bit agro.


Yes, I've noticed it too. I suspect a bit of frustration coming through.


Yes its frustration!!!

The NSC spends many hours checking the validity of claims we receive from Shooters that are in trouble as our reputation is at stake, not to mention potential legal action against us. We also know that the matters we raise will likely end up being "tested" in Court as evidence!

When we post a story we post facts based on verifiable evidence, not " opinions".

Yet every time we post a story here about injustice and mistreatment against a Shooter the "eggspurt" doubters post their " opinions " and are negative.

This has happened with the last two stories we posted RE Shooters in trouble and we are almost at the point that given the behaviour of certain people here (always the same individuals it seems?) that there is NO point in continuing to have a presence on this site being honest!

It takes time, energy and money for us to be here and we do it to attempt to educate and inform the wider Shooting Community.

I'm sure this post will PO the so called "egg spurts" and whilst we believe everyone is entitled to an opinion, your opinion shouldn't be used as a tool to "s**t can" a pro- shooting organisation that actively helps more Shooters than any other!

NSC
NSC
Private
Private
 
Posts: 84
Victoria

Re: NSWPOL cancel a licence just for owner showing it to som

Post by boingk » 10 Jun 2021, 11:50 am

NSC wrote:This has happened with the last two stories we posted RE Shooters in trouble and we are almost at the point that given the behaviour of certain people here (always the same individuals it seems?) that there is NO point in continuing to have a presence on this site being honest!

It takes time, energy and money for us to be here and we do it to attempt to educate and inform the wider Shooting Community.

I'm sure this post will PO the so called "egg spurts" and whilst we believe everyone is entitled to an opinion, your opinion shouldn't be used as a tool to "s**t can" a pro- shooting organisation that actively helps more Shooters than any other!


Hearing you loud and clear my good man.

Keep up the good work and don't let the doubters get you down. You really do some very, very good work!

- boingk
Nil
boingk
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 368
Other

Re: NSWPOL cancel a licence just for owner showing it to som

Post by NSC » 11 Jun 2021, 8:15 am

Last night the NSC was made aware that the Secretary of Peter's pistol Club had publicly posted on a Non- NSC FB page that neither himself nor his father who is the Club President had ever received complaints RE Peter ( One of the NSWPOL's claims written in Peter's licence cancellation letter).

This post also revealed that Peter's alleged alcohol abuse problems ( Another NSWPOL claim wriiten in Peter's licence cancellation letter) was made by NSWPOL on the basis that his home brew beer setup was located in the same room as his gun safe!

It was also revealed that the NORCO employee who made the complaint against Peter was told NOT to do so by two other NORCO Employees present....

The NSC has had NO contact with the Club Secretary or input into his publicly posted comments on another site but has chosen to "screenshot" and post the Secretarys comments on our FB pages due to the attacks we received from doubters (including some here!)

What do the "eggspurts" with opinions here who were doubters say now?

The NSC cant wait for this matter to go to court and the witnesses be cross examined and evidence tested!

NSC
NSC
Private
Private
 
Posts: 84
Victoria

Re: NSWPOL cancel a licence just for owner showing it to som

Post by Bugman » 11 Jun 2021, 8:21 am

As I stated before. The truth will eventually be revealed.
User avatar
Bugman
Sergeant
Sergeant
 
Posts: 580
New South Wales

Re: NSWPOL cancel a licence just for owner showing it to som

Post by Larry » 11 Jun 2021, 12:11 pm

Im the one you started calling names on the last thread of this type. That thread eventually was deleted from the site I assumed the NSC may have even also been given the boot.
I wont be making any negative comments or opinions on this case as it seems just to over step the mark of reasonableness the NSWPOL have either acted on their own beyond any standard or have acted on information that has not been properly verified. The second being the most likely and it would seem to be standard practice in many instances. ie domestic disputes
Larry
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 261
-

Re: NSWPOL cancel a licence just for owner showing it to som

Post by Oldbloke » 11 Jun 2021, 7:58 pm

"( Another NSWPOL claim wriiten in Peter's licence cancellation letter) was made by NSWPOL on the basis that his home brew beer setup was located in the same room as his gun safe!"

How stupid is that?..Does that mean if my safe is in the garage and I park my car in there it means I should have my licence cancelled because I run red lights daily. Even if I've never been booked. Just BS
Good manners are free. Hunt safe, look after the bush & plug more pests. :thumbsup: The greatest invention in the history of man is beer. :drinks: Text alone does not convey the full message. Practice good hygiene.
User avatar
Oldbloke
General
General
 
Posts: 7124
Victoria

Re: NSWPOL cancel a licence just for owner showing it to som

Post by Tiger650 » 11 Jun 2021, 8:17 pm

Please stay with us NSC, fools and Quislings are inevitable but online cannot be subjected to consequences of yore.
Tiger650
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 370
Victoria

Re: NSWPOL cancel a licence just for owner showing it to som

Post by Oldbloke » 11 Jun 2021, 9:08 pm

Tiger650 wrote:Please stay with us NSC, fools and Quislings are inevitable but online cannot be subjected to consequences of yore.


:thumbsup:
Good manners are free. Hunt safe, look after the bush & plug more pests. :thumbsup: The greatest invention in the history of man is beer. :drinks: Text alone does not convey the full message. Practice good hygiene.
User avatar
Oldbloke
General
General
 
Posts: 7124
Victoria

Re: NSWPOL cancel a licence just for owner showing it to som

Post by Apollo » 11 Jun 2021, 10:07 pm

NSC wrote:NSWPOL have reached an all time low and have cancelled a Shooters licence just because he showed someone his pistol licence during a private conversation!


Full story in link below:

https://www.nationalshooting.org.au/nsw ... 3d0x1C8R-8

NSC


If you can't handle the comments that have followed this post then in my view you should harden up and realize what a Forum is... You are going to cop heaps.

I haven't seen you "NSC" or whoever post on a BIG Forum like "AHN" --- Australian Hunting Net. If you think the feedback here is bit harsh then go over there and put the info up on a BIG Forum... You may get a huge increase in support and/or you might get Flame'd Big Time.

I've but my money in but I am starting to regret a bit on reading comments from who ever is "NSC" ... You should in my view refrain from commenting on silly posts / comments and just post the input from NSC and nothing further... You are shooting yourself in your own foot. Give people the Feedback on the Topic, not entering a Forum Discussion. If something has progressed then just post that.... end of story, don't bite at the replies...please...

Go join AHN.....
User avatar
Apollo
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2
 
Posts: 1247
New South Wales

Re: NSWPOL cancel a licence just for owner showing it to som

Post by deye243 » 11 Jun 2021, 10:49 pm

Apollo wrote:
NSC wrote:NSWPOL have reached an all time low and have cancelled a Shooters licence just because he showed someone his pistol licence during a private conversation!


Full story in link below:

https://www.nationalshooting.org.au/nsw ... 3d0x1C8R-8

NSC


If you can't handle the comments that have followed this post then in my view you should harden up and realize what a Forum is... You are going to cop heaps.

I haven't seen you "NSC" or whoever post on a BIG Forum like "AHN" --- Australian Hunting Net. If you think the feedback here is bit harsh then go over there and put the info up on a BIG Forum... You may get a huge increase in support and/or you might get Flame'd Big Time.

I've but my money in but I am starting to regret a bit on reading comments from who ever is "NSC" ... You should in my view refrain from commenting on silly posts / comments and just post the input from NSC and nothing further... You are shooting yourself in your own foot. Give people the Feedback on the Topic, not entering a Forum Discussion. If something has progressed then just post that.... end of story, don't bite at the replies...please...

Go join AHN.....

Nsc is not welcome on Ahn as they know the organisations full history it surprised me .
deye243
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2
 
Posts: 1184
Victoria

Next

Back to top
 
Return to Firearms related media and politics