SFFP Trying to Get Bob to Resign over Comments

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

SFFP Trying to Get Bob to Resign over Comments

Post by mchughcb » 24 Nov 2022, 8:26 pm

You many not agree with Bob. I've had a few hunts with him and his dog tried to hump mine.
But its time the SFFP got to get some backbone instead of turning into a woke mob.
Last edited by mchughcb on 24 Nov 2022, 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mchughcb
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Re: SFFP Trying to Get Bob to Resign over Comments

Post by bigrich » 24 Nov 2022, 9:08 pm

please explain....... :P
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by No1Mk3 » 24 Nov 2022, 10:41 pm

I think his comments were way out of order, and he should apologize, show contrition and promise to be more circumspect in future but they were certainly not a hanging offence. It would therefore seem that there is a distinct behind the scenes power play in the NSW SFFP.
No1Mk3
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Victoria

Post by jwai86 » 25 Nov 2022, 8:18 am

bigrich wrote:please explain....... :P

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-11-24/ ... /101691786
Not a crazed gunman.
jwai86
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Lazarus » 25 Nov 2022, 8:43 am

Just my personal view, but having a "representative" who can't control his gob doesn't play well for us with the ban everything crowd.

Maybe time for someone who can talk without stepping on their tonsils.

Perhaps it was an off the cuff thing that most will come up with, but you can't give the cancel culture types any little bit of ammo.
Courage is knowing it might
hurt, and doing it anyway.
Stupidity is the same
And that's why life is hard
Lazarus
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by straightshooter » 25 Nov 2022, 11:14 am

Far worse things have been said in Parliament with merely a yawn from the media.
Looks to me like an orchestrated back stabbing session is in progress.
Interesting to see which seat warmer comes out on top.
The old proverb "he who lives by the sword dies by the sword" is lost on the narcissistic psychopaths that populate the political world.
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
“No nation can be freer than its most oppressed, richer than its poorest, or wiser than its most ignorant.” Henry George
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by mchughcb » 25 Nov 2022, 1:13 pm

Correct.
mchughcb
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Lazarus » 25 Nov 2022, 1:53 pm

straightshooter wrote:Far worse things have been said in Parliament with merely a yawn from the media.
The old proverb "he who lives by the sword dies by the sword" is lost on the narcissistic psychopaths that populate the political world.

That's true straightshooter, but we are an endangered species already and political whores will jump on the slightest excuse to demonise us further.
Even his own people, albeit ambitious political whores in their own right, can see the disadvantage of saying the slightest thing wrong in the eyes of the politically correct.
Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by mchughcb » 25 Nov 2022, 2:03 pm

Lazarus wrote:
straightshooter wrote:Far worse things have been said in Parliament with merely a yawn from the media.

That's true straightshooter, but we are an endangered species already and political whores will jump on the slightest excuse to demonise us further.
Even his own people, albeit ambitious political whores in their own right, can see the disadvantage of saying the slightest thing wrong in the eyes of the politically correct.

Appease away.
mchughcb
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by deye243 » 25 Nov 2022, 2:18 pm

So they threaten to resign over a little comment like that they sound more like Greens Representatives than Shooters Fishers and Farmers party to me what a bunch of little b******
deye243
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Lazarus » 25 Nov 2022, 2:20 pm

Well, the simplistic may see it as appeasement, but there are some situations, like it or not, where walking around all hairy chested with your ballbag hanging out of your trousers is counter-productive.

Like football, many miss the head-highs and the spear tackling and the biffo, but the world has changed, the politically correct rule now and if you want to play the game you have to play by the new rules or you become your own worst enemy.
We have to suck it up and beat them at their own game, using their own rules or we lose.

Personally, I'd rather eat a hatful of monkeys arseholes than bend over for the soy latte brigade, but sometimes it is what it is.
Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by mchughcb » 25 Nov 2022, 3:27 pm

deye243 wrote:So they threaten to resign over a little comment like that they sound more like Greens Representatives than Shooters Fishers and Farmers party to me what a bunch of little b******

Correct. FFS. People got smashed on the streets for 2 years in Melbourne by the Andrews inspired cops and you think one whiney female should get an MP to resign. Something more at play here.
mchughcb
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 25 Nov 2022, 4:20 pm

The call comes two months after Mr Borsak was accused of bullying, for saying a female independent MP should have been "clocked

Oh boo hoo ( insert miniature violin)
Perhaps he should have said she needs f***ing in the ear hole for a new set of brains :unknown:
Give them something real to cry about.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

South Australia

Post by straightshooter » 26 Nov 2022, 5:20 am

on_one_wheel wrote:The call comes two months after Mr Borsak was accused of bullying, for saying a female independent MP (who had been elected as a SFF MP and turned independent) should have been "clocked"(by the NON SFF MP with whom she was bickering in the house)

Oh boo hoo ( insert miniature violin)
Perhaps he should have said she needs f***ing in the ear hole for a new set of brains :unknown:
Give them something real to cry about.
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
“No nation can be freer than its most oppressed, richer than its poorest, or wiser than its most ignorant.” Henry George
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by mchughcb » 26 Nov 2022, 7:43 am

Thanks for insight. Yep, a setup job.
mchughcb
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Billo » 26 Nov 2022, 8:10 am

Robert has achieved swfa despite handing votes to Perrottet and the Nats, he threw the party's best performer under a bus and frankly should just go. He needs to go. :thumbsdown:
22lr, 20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 22 Varminter, 25-35 WCF, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5x55 Scan, 270, 367 Magnum, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 S&W, 500 A2
Billo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by mchughcb » 26 Nov 2022, 8:40 am

Maybe, in your opinion. But not due to big girls blouse.
mchughcb
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Billo » 26 Nov 2022, 9:31 am

Not just in my opinion, its the general consensus amongst Shooters in NSW. He had a bucket of Political capital and for the last 3 years with Perrottet leading a minority government and he has under performed, time to go Bucko.

Tell us Chuck why you think he should stay ? tell us all his successes ???????
22lr, 20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 22 Varminter, 25-35 WCF, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5x55 Scan, 270, 367 Magnum, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 S&W, 500 A2
Billo
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by bigrich » 26 Nov 2022, 9:43 am

jwai86 wrote:
bigrich wrote:please explain....... :P

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-11-24/ ... /101691786

thanks for the link :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Lazarus » 26 Nov 2022, 1:05 pm

Billo wrote:Not just in my opinion, its the general consensus amongst Shooters in NSW. He had a bucket of Political capital and for the last 3 years with Perrottet leading a minority government and he has under performed, time to go Bucko.

Good luck with that Billo.

Cue the standard one or two word passive agressive blow off in leu of a sensible answer.
Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by mchughcb » 26 Nov 2022, 2:48 pm

Billo wrote:Not just in my opinion, its the general consensus amongst Shooters in NSW. He had a bucket of Political capital and for the last 3 years with Perrottet leading a minority government and he has under performed, time to go Bucko.

Success, as a minor party? Maybe you should read the title again.
mchughcb
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 26 Nov 2022, 2:50 pm

Lazarus wrote:

Cue the standard one or two word passive agressive blow off in leu of a sensible answer.

How's that buddy, more than two words. Take some more medication and lie down with Old Bloke.
mchughcb
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Lazarus » 26 Nov 2022, 3:27 pm

mchughcb wrote:
Lazarus wrote:

How's that buddy, more than two words. Take some more medication and lie down with Old Bloke.

:lol: Well done that man.

See I knew you could do it, still pre-adolescent passive agressive, but if you keep practising you'll get there.
Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by mchughcb » 26 Nov 2022, 4:58 pm

Better yet, maybe you should lay off the self medication and just hit the booze.
mchughcb
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Lazarus » 26 Nov 2022, 5:27 pm

mchughcb wrote:Better yet, maybe you should lay off the self medication and just hit the booze.

:lol: :lol: :clap:

Getting better every tme Chuggy.

Love your work, keep it coming, you're really good for a laugh :drinks:
Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Lawyer Daggett » 28 Nov 2022, 4:58 am

WHOA!

This is not just about defending a Mate, it is about the survival of a movement!

What did your dad teach you about how to treat women? This is NOT about Woke!

If the reported statement that Robert Borsak commented that Helen Dalton needed to be ‘clocked’, which I interpret as ‘punched in the face’ is accurate one needs to be concerned.

While one can understand Parliament is a rough and tumble place, one thing should be clear, even in that environment, that one never hits a woman, threatens to hit a woman, or alludes that someone else should hit a woman.

Indeed, one should not do the above in respect to a man, however, that conduct is somewhat more defensible!

I can understand someone, who being frustrated with another, may make such a comment in robust debate, after all, we are all human, but not to immediately apologise is reprehensible.

To not apologise in such a situation defines one, not as some sort of anti-Woke crusader, as you appear to envision, but I am sorry to say as a Cad.

The better approach would have been for the Party Executive to sanction him under Para 6 of the Constitution for Conduct that brings the Party into disrepute. However, they have not done so, and so the Political wing is left little choice but to resign.

To do otherwise leaves one tarnished with a brand of supporting, siding with, or aiding and abetting misogynism.

Robert Borsak now needs to decide between humility, and the destruction of a Party that he has done much for.

Frankly this situation makes me feel quite sad. Robert has contributed much to the movement, however, in the last twelve months he has done two things (other than the above unfortunate statement) that have left me questioning him.

I had a situation professionally, where he did nothing for a constituent, who I referred to him, who was also a Party Member, and he then proceeded to use the individual under circumstances that, I cannot describe- and that was after he had described what happened to the constituent/ Party member as ‘Harrowing’.

Frankly his treatment of the matter left me wondering whether he had Hutzpah left to deal with it.

The matter, if pursued, may have triggered an anti Police corruption debate in Parliament. He made comments about the physical danger of taking a course involving Police corruption and presumably organised crime.

My client and I, were both prepared to take the risk, but Robert was not. I wondered why.

He further upset me last year for his position on ‘euthanasia’. If you read his speech in Hansard, it had little to do with euthanasia. It related to his own internal family matters not related to euthenasia. Having buried both my parents in recent years (or rather had them cremated- they stare at me as I now key from my office shelf, along with a menagerie of others…) I have sympathy, however, the party is about Liberty, and what greater liberty is there than the decision to end your own life, when you are not mentally ill and there is nothing left?

I have considerable sympathy for him. He has spent years banging his head against the concrete back wall of Parliament, and in doing so has marginalised himself, and this may have as much to do with this matter as the Helen Dalton issue.

My hope though is that Robert shall resign, and after swallowing his pill, and a few months in the wilderness have passed, he shall be resurrected in much the same way as our nemesis John Howard has done as a Party Elder / Statesman. Every Party needs at least one, and it may be time for Robert to move into that role.

Certainly, his days as a Politician appear over.
Lawyer Daggett
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by Lazarus » 28 Nov 2022, 6:52 am

Hear, hear.

Well put LD
Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Oldbloke » 29 Nov 2022, 1:36 am

Lazarus wrote:
mchughcb wrote:Better yet, maybe you should lay off the self medication and just hit the booze.

:lol: :lol: :clap:

Getting better every tme Chuggy.

Love your work, keep it coming, you're really good for a laugh :drinks:

Yep, that is chuckup's modus operandi. Insult people when they put forward an opinion he doesn't like. Even brought me into it and until now I have not commented. Pathetic. But then can't expect anything else from some.
Treat trolls with the contempt they deserve.
Reminder. I am of average intelligence, therefore 50% of people are dumber than me.
Member. NSC, SFFP, Shooters Union.
Oldbloke
General
General

Victoria

Post by mchughcb » 29 Nov 2022, 9:29 pm

Take a bex and lie down. You will feel better in the morning.
mchughcb
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by Lazarus » 29 Nov 2022, 10:08 pm

mchughcb wrote:Take a bex and lie down. You will feel better in the morning.

Come on Chuggs, now you're getting tediously repetitive.

You know you can do better if you you try.

Dig deep, channel your inner Jester.

Pray continue with your japes and harlequin antics.

Your foolishness amuses us.
Stupidity is the same
Lazarus
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

Return to Firearms related media and politics