Another cop with unregistered firearms

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Another cop with unregistered firearms

Post by AusTac » 08 Jun 2018, 10:43 am

Neil Mitchell believes a high-ranking police officer has been suspended for allegedly possessing illegal firearms.

Sources told 3AW Mornings the superintendent’s house was raided, and that a pistol and rifle were found.

“I am told neither was registered,” Neil Mitchell said. “And I’m told the superintendent does not have a gun licence.”

3AW Mornings believes the raid was organised by the state’s anti-corruption body, IBAC, regarding an unrelated matter.

If the allegations are proven, it does not tarnish the whole force. But, at a time police command are chasing illegal firearms down every second borrow, it would be immensely embarrassing.
Victoria Police are not having a good run at the moment.
-Neil Mitchell

Victoria Police later confirmed a superintendent “from a corporate support area has been suspended with pay in relation to allegations of firearm and weapons offences on 5 June 2018”.

https://www.3aw.com.au/exclusive-ibac-r ... cops-home/

Should be slapped with one of those new firearm prohibition orders like the criminal he is in my opinion
Certified part time hillbilly
AusTac
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

-

Re: Another cop with unregistered firearms

Post by Gaznazdiak » 08 Jun 2018, 10:51 am

Suspended with pay for "allegations" of firearms offences? They found them at his house, sounds a pretty clean cut case to me.
What a crock of shyte!
If it was Joe Blow public he'd be charged already.
This is a superintendent as well, not some pimply faced newby.
Those whose job it is to enforce the laws on us should be held to a higher standard, not a lower one, he should be sacked and prosecuted.
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Gwion » 08 Jun 2018, 11:07 am

Get tough on gun crime: lock him up.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by No1_49er » 08 Jun 2018, 11:14 am

Rules for them. Rules for us.
Or should it be: - Do as I say, not Do as I do?
Proud member of "the powerful gun lobby" of Australia :)
No1_49er
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by YoungBuck » 08 Jun 2018, 11:29 am

To be honest I hope this turns in favor of LAFOs. There is the chance that these recent incidents with the police and illegal firearms may discourage the pollies and create mistrust from only going to Police for advice on firearms and firearm related legislation. One can hope.
Last edited by YoungBuck on 08 Jun 2018, 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It'll shoot the fleas off a dog's back at five hundred yards, Tannen, and it's pointed straight at your head!
YoungBuck
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by bigfellascott » 08 Jun 2018, 12:20 pm

He might think he's above the law, it will be very interesting how they handle this as plenty in the firearms industry will be watching it very closely too I'd imagine and rightly so, if it's good enough for us to get hammered for it so it should be for them.
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Growler » 08 Jun 2018, 1:02 pm

He's not licensed so he will get a slap on the d!ck with a wet hanky and told not to do it again like all other crims that get caught. Be a different story if he was licensed :sarcasm:
Just the necessity
Growler
Private
Private

South Australia

Post by Littlegem » 08 Jun 2018, 1:07 pm

Being captain obvious, there's a good chance those fireaems have never been haee in a crime, good chance they never would have, he was clearly a fit and proper person... if anything just shows our laws are bogus. Probably a couple of antique family airlooms
Littlegem
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by No1_49er » 08 Jun 2018, 1:32 pm

Growler wrote:He's not licensed so he will get a slap on the d!ck with a wet hanky and told not to do it again like all other crims that get caught. Be a different story if he was licensed :sarcasm:

Growler, that is so true. If it had been a LAFO with unregistered f/a's, they would have been facing the high jump.
But, unlicensed/unregistered, never mind that he's one of the wollopers, he gets suspended with pay while the matter is investigated! What's to investigate?
Proud member of "the powerful gun lobby" of Australia :)
No1_49er
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 08 Jun 2018, 1:57 pm

Cops are only human and able to commit crimes as anybody, they are not ten foot tall and bullet proof just because they wear a police
uniform :thumbsdown:
Its the police uniform that deserves the respect not the person wearing it especially if they don't deserve it
This officer has committed an offence on purpose so he probably has committed other offences as well a total disregard for the very thing he
is supposed to uphold '' The Law'' so he should be dealt with the same as any law breaker :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
I ask my self , '' why are the gun laws in place if the very people enforcing them can't abide by them ?'' :shock: :?
This is just a snippet of what would happen if more power was given to police and the law makers, there always has to be pressure back
from citizens to keep things on an even keel :thumbsup:
If his boss wants to save face and demand that respect he needs then this bloke has to be dealt with in a civilian court and not only by his superiors
Corrupt people be it police, politicians ,big business or civilians will not change until they are shown they are not above the law and dealt with
equally, not one court for some and a court for others :problem:

Also this gives a small look at the mind set of some police as its ok for them to break the law but not you :thumbsdown:
Member-Deleted

Post by Daddybang » 08 Jun 2018, 2:06 pm

I think ya all being a bit harsh!
The only reason that police take unregistered firearms home is the lack of storage space at the station!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :drinks: :drinks: :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 08 Jun 2018, 3:04 pm

Yeah Daddybang your probably right which raises another question , '' Did he have them locked away in a proper gun safe '' :lol: :lol:
Surely he could get that right :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbsup:
Member-Deleted

Post by Member-Deleted » 08 Jun 2018, 3:16 pm

Growler wrote:He's not licensed so he will get a slap on the d!ck with a wet hanky and told not to do it again like all other crims that get caught. Be a different story if he was licensed :sarcasm:

As far as any of us know at this stage, his only "crime" is that he likes firearms but couldn't be arsed to get a licence.
IF he goes through the Courts, he'll get a fine for being unlicenced and for having possession of an unregistered firearm, same as anyone. Where the unfairness creeps in is that a licenced person loses their licence.
Reminds me of this:
Attachments
22lb3e.jpg
22lb3e.jpg (46.33 KiB) Viewed 4482 times
Member-Deleted

Post by Member-Deleted » 08 Jun 2018, 3:29 pm

Yep , High ranking police officer who has no gun licence and likes unregistered guns yep all makes sense :shock: :wtf:
It would be interesting to know what type of guns they were it would give you some insight into why he has them :?
Member-Deleted

Post by Gwion » 08 Jun 2018, 3:46 pm

Littlegem wrote:Being captain obvious, there's a good chance those fireaems have never been haee in a crime, good chance they never would have, he was clearly a fit and proper person... if anything just shows our laws are bogus. Probably a couple of antique family airlooms

He is SO not a fit and proper person. Keeping illegal firearms that were discovered while he was being RAIDED for SEPARATE corruption issues.....
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Member-Deleted » 08 Jun 2018, 4:01 pm

Littlegem wrote: Probably a couple of antique family airlooms

Nah, probably one of these... I'm glad to see someone is thinking of the children
Attachments
20180328_173410 %282%29.jpg
20180328_173410 %282%29.jpg (1.55 MiB) Viewed 4457 times
Member-Deleted

Post by Littlegem » 08 Jun 2018, 4:21 pm

bentaz wrote:
Gwion wrote:
Littlegem wrote:Being captain obvious, there's a good chance those fireaems have never been haee in a crime, good chance they never would have, he was clearly a fit and proper person... if anything just shows our laws are bogus. Probably a couple of antique family airlooms

He is SO not a fit and proper person. Keeping illegal firearms that were discovered while he was being RAIDED for SEPARATE corruption issues.....

:thumbsup:

I did not see the part about corruption... apologies
Littlegem
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by bullzeye » 08 Jun 2018, 7:14 pm

Surely the top cops and police commissioner should be allowed to take home a gun at night?

I understand this is a different situation, but if criminals have guns on hand, why not our high ranking police officers?
bullzeye
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Wombat » 08 Jun 2018, 7:20 pm

bullzeye wrote:Surely the top cops and police commissioner should be allowed to take home a gun at night?

I understand this is a different situation, but if criminals have guns on hand, why not our high ranking police officers?

Why not any responsible law abiding adult?
Wombat
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 10 Jun 2018, 10:23 am

bentaz wrote:I want leave with pay, where do I get my illegal gun from?

Yes the suspension with pay sticks in my craw as well, if a public servant has done something bad enough to warrant suspension, it should be without pay, if down the track that person is found not guilty of the charge, then their position and pay should be reinstated back to when the suspension took place, generally people are not suspended without good reason, to many public servants found doing the wrong thing and getting paid while suspended, money that is never recouped.

As for his guilt or innocence, that is ultimately up to a court to decide, however, given his position, it is not as if this bloke would not have known that having unregistered firearms in his house was illegal, it also make you wonder why they were looking into him for corruption matters????
Member-Deleted

Post by Member-Deleted » 10 Jun 2018, 10:32 am

It was interesting to see that when notorious crime figure, Mick Gatto caught with an unregistered handgun while being unlicensed, he was given a small fine and issued with a firearms prohibition order, :roll: one has to wonder if they were not concerned about keeping an illegal firearm in the first place, how anyone would think they would pay much attention to a piece of paper and an order from a judge, our judicial system is a joke. :thumbsdown:
Member-Deleted

Return to Firearms related media and politics