Another cop with unregistered firearms

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: Another cop with unregistered firearms

Post by Wombat » 08 Jun 2018, 7:20 pm

bullzeye wrote:Surely the top cops and police commissioner should be allowed to take home a gun at night?

I understand this is a different situation, but if criminals have guns on hand, why not our high ranking police officers?

Why not any responsible law abiding adult?
Wombat
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 10 Jun 2018, 10:23 am

bentaz wrote:I want leave with pay, where do I get my illegal gun from?

Yes the suspension with pay sticks in my craw as well, if a public servant has done something bad enough to warrant suspension, it should be without pay, if down the track that person is found not guilty of the charge, then their position and pay should be reinstated back to when the suspension took place, generally people are not suspended without good reason, to many public servants found doing the wrong thing and getting paid while suspended, money that is never recouped.

As for his guilt or innocence, that is ultimately up to a court to decide, however, given his position, it is not as if this bloke would not have known that having unregistered firearms in his house was illegal, it also make you wonder why they were looking into him for corruption matters????
Member-Deleted

Post by Member-Deleted » 10 Jun 2018, 10:32 am

Growler wrote:He's not licensed so he will get a slap on the d!ck with a wet hanky and told not to do it again like all other crims that get caught. Be a different story if he was licensed :sarcasm:

It was interesting to see that when notorious crime figure, Mick Gatto caught with an unregistered handgun while being unlicensed, he was given a small fine and issued with a firearms prohibition order, :roll: one has to wonder if they were not concerned about keeping an illegal firearm in the first place, how anyone would think they would pay much attention to a piece of paper and an order from a judge, our judicial system is a joke. :thumbsdown:
Member-Deleted

Return to Firearms related media and politics