lithgow recall

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: lithgow recall

Post by No1_49er » 29 Jun 2018, 10:09 am

Straightshooter, I suggest you watch the video all the way through and pay attention to the number of documents revealed under freedom of information, the brief but revealing interview with Mike Walker, and the many instances of slip and slide that Remington engaged in, and continue to do. The documentation is there, as is the acknowledgment by the designer of a fundamental fault.
Proud member of "the powerful gun lobby" of Australia :)
No1_49er
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by marksman » 29 Jun 2018, 2:38 pm

No1_49er wrote:Straightshooter, I suggest you watch the video all the way through and pay attention to the number of documents revealed under freedom of information, the brief but revealing interview with Mike Walker, and the many instances of slip and slide that Remington engaged in, and continue to do. The documentation is there, as is the acknowledgment by the designer of a fundamental fault.

+1
you really should watch it all Straightshooter :thumbsup:
your interpretation does not agree with what Mike Walker has to say :wtf:
it would be ignorant to not have all the facts about the trojan horse :lol:
what have you got to loose :drinks:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by the big man » 12 Sep 2018, 8:39 pm

Anyone else having probs getting any info about there la102 223 back from lithgow?

The only time i get an email is when i call and harass them and then all i get told is the same lip service that there sorry and want to provide a product of great quality back to me and they have had mine for 2.5 months now :x :x :x :x :x
dont let the apprentice touch anything but the broom!!!!
the big man
Recruit
Recruit

Australian Capital Territory

Post by dazz1975 » 01 Oct 2018, 7:17 pm

Just read a comment on the lithgow arms facebook site and someone who has received his 223 back said that the pattern on the barrel is hardly noticeable. If that is the case I will be disappointed.
dazz1975
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by the big man » 17 Oct 2018, 8:22 pm

yep can confirm that picked mine up today the barrel looks totally different and also no second box mag when i opened the box will have to chase them up on it tmoz :( just about what ive come to expect from la
dont let the apprentice touch anything but the broom
dont let the apprentice touch anything but the broom!!!!
the big man
Recruit
Recruit

Australian Capital Territory

Post by Crankycant » 24 Oct 2018, 10:10 pm

I'm not pissing on lithgow I believe there doing the right thing here. I fully support Aussie manufacturing especially firearms. After hearing about barrels cracking I recall my brother and I having a conversation that there was quite and issue with barrels splitting a couple of years ago with there service rifles :allegedly: . I know we are talking different temperatures more wear and tear on military equipment but lithgow do state that the same steel composition,manufacturing processes and quality standards are used when manufacturing civilian and military components. In my experience with American rifles I may had to fix up some fussy little things to make them operate in an optimal way, but have never personally experienced a catastrophic failure. Like I said Australian manufacturers are great. But put simply I don't have the money to spend on a rifle that I cannot use.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, promoted by mainstream media, which
holds forth that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Crankycant
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 24 Oct 2018, 10:39 pm

Yeah Cranhycant I think we all are in that boat as far as money goes with buying something and not being able to us it
But after thinking about it a little I think it would have been the last thing on Lithgow's mind to put out a bad batch of rifles
If you go through some forums in Australia and America you will see others complaining about many brands of rifle
Nutfancy is one site where they trial rifles and comment on the faults and nearly all have some sort of mostly small defect
I stick to sako because I've had a good run with them but I've owned other brands just as good
This last sako I have bought has a stock on it so soft you can twist it by hand by about 4-5mm put it on a bipod and the stock touches the barrel
I had to take 3mm out of the stock under the barrel and stiffen it ''piece of junk'' but the rest is very good and it shoots well
Member-Deleted

Post by Crankycant » 25 Oct 2018, 9:14 am

Totally agree bushy I don't believe any Aussie manufacturers would want to put out a defective products let alone a rifle.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, promoted by mainstream media, which
holds forth that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
Crankycant
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Archie » 25 Oct 2018, 9:22 am

I haven't really been following this - I don't own a Lithgow - although have considered buying them in the past, I didn't like them because the sporters where a bit heavy so I ended up going with a Sako for my last one. But I had been wondering about a LA105 in 6.5 Creedmore for Christmas. So on balance, how do people feel about them after all this?
Archie
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by JimTom » 25 Oct 2018, 10:14 am

Archie wrote:I haven't really been following this - I don't own a Lithgow - although have considered buying them in the past, I didn't like them because the sporters where a bit heavy so I ended up going with a Sako for my last one. But I had been wondering about a LA105 in 6.5 Creedmore for Christmas. So on balance, how do people feel about them after all this?

Mate I actually had LA102 in 6.5 Creedmoor on order however due to the uncertainty of when they would actually arrive I cancelled and purchased a Sako instead.
Mate I would still buy a Lithgow without any hesitation whatsoever but that’s just me.
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 25 Oct 2018, 5:36 pm

I had a feel ib a 102 in 308.... I prefer tactical type guns and not into hunting, but the lithgow felt so balanced and just right, comfortable, thought of the 105 but was advised I'll be waiting till next year... that was before the recall.

No doubt when it comes out it will be a awesome rifle and very accurate. But not sure if it was be here by Christmas
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by axio » 24 Nov 2018, 1:16 pm

Anyone heard if LA102 308s will be added to the recall? I'm keen to pickup one for hunting but holding off for the moment since 243s were added without much notice
axio
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 24 Nov 2018, 2:58 pm

No news. All indication say they haven't suffered issues
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Next