REPORT ILLEGAL HUNTING ACTIVITY!!!

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

REPORT ILLEGAL HUNTING ACTIVITY!!!

Post by Gwion » 27 Jun 2018, 10:02 am

On the back of another couple of threads that have popped up regarding illegal hunting activity in NE Victoria, I strongly urge all members of our shooting community to report any sign or actual knowledge of people who undertake these illegal, unsafe, disrespectful and irresponsible activities.

These arse holes are making the entire hunting community look extremely bad in the public eye and are feeding anti-gun campaigners all the ammo they need to push further restrictions on us.

It's not just the illegal shooting but trespass with a firearm, intentional damage to infrastructure like fencing and leaving carcasses to encourage and feed the wild dog population is just plain brainless.

REPORT ANY KNOWLEDGE OF THESE ACTIVITIES ASAP!

That is all.
Rant over.
Last edited by Gwion on 27 Jun 2018, 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Re: REPORT ILLEGAL HUNTING ACTIVITY!!!

Post by Member-Deleted » 27 Jun 2018, 10:08 am

Yeah Gwion widespread problem up here to mate
As you said +1
Member-Deleted

Post by Daddybang » 27 Jun 2018, 10:15 am

+2 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Angel » 27 Jun 2018, 2:08 pm

Im not a hunter although i would like to try it... But 100% agreed...
Angel
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Gaznazdiak » 27 Jun 2018, 2:55 pm

It happened here on Sunday.
The rail line runs past the house about 80m away and there is a maintenance track alonside it.
Just after sundown I heard 2 shots really close so I went out for a look and there was a ute parked on the track about 175m from the house. When the driver saw me he took off along the track and disappeared. There were no obvious casualties, there were no sheep in the house paddock, so I thought nothing more, until this morning when I found the remains in the pic. The scumbag slithered back after dark.

This whole 1200h block is a native reserve with no natives shot here at all and the few roos here have worked it out and would graze up to within 10m of me when I'm set up over a warren and seem untroubled by the .223 so they'd be sitting ducks.

What sh!ts me the most is that 70m further along the trajectory from where the ute was sitting to the remains, about 65m, are the plainly obvious shearing and machinery sheds about which I lurk in wait for Tony Rabbit. And how bad a shot do you need to be to need 2 shots, from what sounded like a 6.5mm at least, to get something the size of a roo from 65m? And where the hell did the first one go? Arsehole!

When I was in high school, the father of a kid in some of my classes ended up in the slammer for shooting back. He'd lost several cattle and then one of his horses, so he heard the shots, went out with his SMLE and put a few rounds into their engine bay. No casualties except the car, which we all thought was a shame , seeing as he was going inside anyway.
Attachments
20180627_142537.jpg
20180627_142537.jpg (820.64 KiB) Viewed 5647 times
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by marksman » 27 Jun 2018, 4:53 pm

one of the areas I hunt deer the cocky's will cut the valves off any car found parked where illegal activity has happened, all of them, then they ring the police and report a suspicious car in the area, mostly when they hear shots at night they just roll over and go back to sleep as nothing will get done if they report it, if it sounds to close to home they run them out of the district,
poachers shut down areas that would normally be alright to get permission
in some places it is excepted as the usual, not ok just the usual and the poachers have more front than myers, like they have a right
best way I have seen to combat it is to have the police and DELWP do road blocks in bad areas for it
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 27 Jun 2018, 8:13 pm

I passed up an opportunity to shoot a fallow at the weekend. It was on the wrong side of the fence. Tempting as it was for about 2 seconds. You just can’t do it. I’ll be back pretty soon to ask for permision to hunt. I sleep better doing the right thing.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by winton » 20 Jul 2018, 4:52 pm

marksman wrote:one of the areas I hunt deer the cocky's will cut the valves off any car found parked where illegal activity has happened,

How do they know that illegal activity has happened? If its at night, fair enough. But during the day?

BTW Whats a Cocky?
winton
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Bigjobss » 20 Jul 2018, 6:00 pm

Oldbloke wrote:I passed up an opportunity to shoot a fallow at the weekend. It was on the wrong side of the fence. Tempting as it was for about 2 seconds. You just can’t do it. I’ll be back pretty soon to ask for permision to hunt. I sleep better doing the right thing.

I am also firmly in this boat. Just not worth it.

The nerve of blokes running a spotlight on a public road or jumping a fence is something I just cant wrap my mind around, they dont realise or care about the damage they are doing to the future of hunting.
They have obviously never experienced the rewards that legitimate hunting brings, its not all highs, but taking the easy option is pathetic.
Illegal shooters can #@&* right off, I will dob them in every day of the week.
Bigjobss

Post by Wombat » 20 Jul 2018, 6:44 pm

winton wrote:
marksman wrote:one of the areas I hunt deer the cocky's will cut the valves off any car found parked where illegal activity has happened,

How do they know that illegal activity has happened? If its at night, fair enough. But during the day?

BTW Whats a Cocky?
A Farmer.
Wombat
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Stix » 20 Jul 2018, 7:31 pm

winton wrote:

BTW Whats a Cocky?

Cocky is a farmer mate...!! :thumbsup:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Gaznazdiak » 20 Jul 2018, 7:38 pm

Bigjobss wrote:
Oldbloke wrote:I passed up an opportunity to shoot a fallow at the weekend. It was on the wrong side of the fence. Tempting as it was for about 2 seconds. You just can’t do it. I’ll be back pretty soon to ask for permision to hunt. I sleep better doing the right thing.

I am also firmly in this boat. Just not worth it.

The nerve of blokes running a spotlight on a public road or jumping a fence is something I just cant wrap my mind around, they dont realise or care about the damage they are doing to the future of hunting.
They have obviously never experienced the rewards that legitimate hunting brings, its not all highs, but taking the easy option is pathetic.
Illegal shooters can #@&* right off, I will dob them in every day of the week.

Not to mention that in almost every case these arrogant arsholes have no idea what is downrange in the direction they are shooting.

The twat that was shooting into my place was firing directly towards a group of sheds that could easily have had someone working in or around them.
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Heckler303 » 20 Jul 2018, 8:21 pm

I've seen dead kangaroos left in state forests before. F@cking waste if you ask me.
If something doesn't work, apply rule .303!
Title_II wrote:If you carry a fun in Australia you will go to jail.
Heckler303
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Tasmania

Post by Bigjobss » 20 Jul 2018, 8:36 pm

Gaznazdiak
Yeh very good point, a better point even.
Bigjobss

Post by darwindingo » 20 Jul 2018, 9:42 pm

Starting to think this thread should be renamed..... Title should display no reference to "Hunting Activity",, couldn't be further from hunting in my view.... Should be called "Report D/heads Poaching"...
“Accidental Discharges” DO NOT OCCUR !!

An "Unintended Discharge" is nothing more than the lack of appropriate safety procedures or the failure to follow them..!

I love my country, but fear my government.
darwindingo
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by Wombat » 20 Jul 2018, 9:56 pm

darwindingo wrote:Starting to think this thread should be renamed..... Title should display no reference to "Hunting Activity",, couldn't be further from hunting in my view.... Should be called "Report D/heads Poaching"...

Yes, however there's a campaign here in Victoria (and probably elsewhere) to "report illegal hunting" complete with stickers etc with the number to report on them (I have one on my Ute). And after all d**kheads poaching are Illegally hunting in polite language.
Wombat
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by darwindingo » 20 Jul 2018, 10:09 pm

Wombat wrote:
darwindingo wrote:Starting to think this thread should be renamed..... Title should display no reference to "Hunting Activity",, couldn't be further from hunting in my view.... Should be called "Report D/heads Poaching"...

Yes, however there's a campaign here in Victoria (and probably elsewhere) to "report illegal hunting" complete with stickers etc with the number to report on them (I have one on my Ute). And after all d**kheads poaching are Illegally hunting in polite language.

I hear what ya saying, It's just the combination of the words Illegal and Hunting in the same sentence that leaves a bad taste in my mouth.. Would just prefer if report poachers had been the slogan for the campaign :thumbsup: :drinks:
“Accidental Discharges” DO NOT OCCUR !!

An "Unintended Discharge" is nothing more than the lack of appropriate safety procedures or the failure to follow them..!

I love my country, but fear my government.
darwindingo
Sergeant
Sergeant

-

Post by Gaznazdiak » 11 Oct 2018, 12:41 am

Hunter finds hundreds of bird carcasses dumped in 'disgraceful scene'
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-10-10/m ... n/10359564
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Gwion » 11 Oct 2018, 4:31 am

Why would anyone do this...?
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Daddybang » 11 Oct 2018, 8:18 am

Just f@#kin scum!!! :thumbsdown:
It's f@#jwits like these that got goose.season shut down here in qld .
:drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Bigjobss » 12 Oct 2018, 4:27 pm

Thats messed up.
I once found a couple dozen shot seagulls on a farmers rice bay one year, had me confused and furious.
Bigjobss

Return to Firearms related media and politics