What the UN and a possible Labor Gubbamint will do..........

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: What the UN and a possible Labor Gubbamint will do......

Post by Member-Deleted » 12 Aug 2018, 11:04 pm

Gwion wrote:I'm interested to know what a conservative party is and what makes the SFF Party think that all Shooters, Fishers and Farmers are Conservatives???

Seems to me this country needs more moderate parties willing to work with all "sides" to effect positive change; not more parties pushing to perpetuate the left v right paradigm.

We do not think all shooters, fishers and farmers are conservatives, this may be your interpretation, however we are a conservative based party as reflected in our views and principals, traditionally the majority of our supporter base is orientated to the right of politics, a fact we are not about to ignore, the policies actions and ideologies of labor and the greens are pretty much anti our aims and beliefs, in saying this many of the actions of the LNP are not something we support either.
Last edited by Member-Deleted on 12 Aug 2018, 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member-Deleted

Post by Member-Deleted » 12 Aug 2018, 11:06 pm

Yes mate, agreed, the name is suggestive of that, however in reality we are more than happy to venture outside of the parameters of the name. :thumbsup:
Member-Deleted

Post by Gwion » 13 Aug 2018, 6:35 am

Member-Deleted wrote:
Gwion wrote:I'm interested to know what a conservative party is and what makes the SFF Party think that all Shooters, Fishers and Farmers are Conservatives???

Seems to me this country needs more moderate parties willing to work with all "sides" to effect positive change; not more parties pushing to perpetuate the left v right paradigm.

We do not think all shooters, fishers and farmers are conservatives, this may be your interpretation, however we are a conservative based party as reflected in our views and principals, traditionally the majority of our supporter base is orientated to the right of politics, a fact we are not about to ignore, the policies actions and ideologies of labor and the greens are pretty much anti our aims and beliefs, in saying this many of the actions of the LNP are not something we support either.

People like to bash "the left" but it was "the right" that introduced the NFA.

You'd think that if 'the majority' of shooters, fishers and farmers were of a right wing bent, you would have far more support and more representatives in parliament. The fact is, your party has decided that the right wing owns these demographics and ignors the fact that these segments of society are just as diverse as any other. This is why your party will always just remain fringe agitators and never be politically effective.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by bigrich » 13 Aug 2018, 6:57 am

bigrich wrote:I agree with most of the comments in the last dozen or so posts. Except Hanson young being desirable. :lol: if you’re registered to vote and ya don’t, you’re vote goes to the party in power by default. Remember last election when independent got 15% of the vote that rattled the majors cages. One nation and Katter or the shooters and fishing party getting your vote gives them bargaining power with their preferences as was once said “ evil men triumph when good men fail to act “. At this point, doing something is better than nothing :thumbsup:

i still stand by this. regardless of your opinion of any of the minor parties, we are getting poor service from our political system. i have seen the independants hold up bills and bargain for a better deal for "US" in the senate. whatever happened to the average bloke ( or sheila ) 'aving a go ? people just rag on anyone who steps up these days. i remember when hanson first got into politics and got a lot of grass roots support, the liberal party was behind FALSE criminal accusations that saw her locked up and later cleared (causing her to be out of the election ) and false nude photo's in the media. they never found out who was in the photo's either. who was in charge of the slanderous under handed attack ? tony abbot ! this is fact. independants scare the majors into action. they keep them on their toes. the american two party system is a far worse example of politics as they stonewall each other into stale mate. independants , whether you like it or not are TRUE democracy as the ancient greek philosiphers imagined :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Gwion » 13 Aug 2018, 7:08 am

bigrich wrote:
bigrich wrote:I agree with most of the comments in the last dozen or so posts. Except Hanson young being desirable. :lol: if you’re registered to vote and ya don’t, you’re vote goes to the party in power by default. Remember last election when independent got 15% of the vote that rattled the majors cages. One nation and Katter or the shooters and fishing party getting your vote gives them bargaining power with their preferences as was once said “ evil men triumph when good men fail to act “. At this point, doing something is better than nothing :thumbsup:

i still stand by this. regardless of your opinion of any of the minor parties, we are getting poor service from our political system. i have seen the independants hold up bills and bargain for a better deal for "US" in the senate. whatever happened to the average bloke ( or sheila ) 'aving a go ? people just rag on anyone who steps up these days. i remember when hanson first got into politics and got a lot of grass roots support, the liberal party was behind FALSE criminal accusations that saw her locked up and later cleared (causing her to be out of the election ) and false nude photo's in the media. they never found out who was in the photo's either. who was in charge of the slanderous under handed attack ? tony abbot ! this is fact. independants scare the majors into action. they keep them on their toes. the american two party system is a far worse example of politics as they stonewall each other into stale mate. independants , whether you like it or not are TRUE democracy as the ancient greek philosiphers imagined :thumbsup:

Spot on. If any real change is going to effected in this country, it will be by diverse group of people working together; not by one party or another pretending they know best. It is the flawed and out moded systeem that is to blame for the poor leadership this country faces as well as the population's laziness and apathy when it comes to adressing issues both large and small. Just choosing a party to follow will never truely represent the nation or achieve what's best for it.
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 13 Aug 2018, 8:08 am

That is a very interesting point gwion. Something that I didn't even click onto.

It was the right wing party with support of the left wing parties that NFA was impacted. But now that it is, it's the left wing that keep it there. Also I'd you look at America.. and look at australia... most of the vocal majority of shooters would identify themselves as right wing .....( maybe even far right wing I'd you look at trump support base)

In Australia I haven't heard the right wing of liberal ever mention guns
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Gwion » 13 Aug 2018, 10:13 am

No, it's not the left wing that are anti guns. It is broad across politics as it is seen as a way to 'be tough" on something.
The simple fact of the matter is that the RIGHT wing of Australian politics are the ones responsible for restricting our access to firearms. It is one of the first things that any totalitarian movement seeks to do: disarm the masses.

If you doubt that Australia's current (right wing) government seek to develop totalitarian power; take a good long look at the police state laws they have just enacted!
Gwion
Colonel
Colonel

-

Post by Member-Deleted » 13 Aug 2018, 11:35 am

Gwion wrote:We do not think all shooters, fishers and farmers are conservatives, this may be your interpretation, however we are a conservative based party as reflected in our views and principals, traditionally the majority of our supporter base is orientated to the right of politics, a fact we are not about to ignore, the policies actions and ideologies of labor and the greens are pretty much anti our aims and beliefs, in saying this many of the actions of the LNP are not something we support either.

People like to bash "the left" but it was "the right" that introduced the NFA.

You'd think that if 'the majority' of shooters, fishers and farmers were of a right wing bent, you would have far more support and more representatives in parliament. The fact is, your party has decided that the right wing owns these demographics and ignors the fact that these segments of society are just as diverse as any other. This is why your party will always just remain fringe agitators and never be politically effective.[/quote]

You forgot to add, "in your opinion", if that is what you believe, that is up to you, but the reality is that statement is far from the mark, the SFFP, especially in QLD works for its constituents and in the process is far form complementary of the LNP, Labor and the greens, while we are by nature a conservative party, it does not mean we are going to pander to the LNP, while we prefer them and their policies to labor and the greens, we realise they are out to disarm licensed shooters as much as the other side, in fact we have been very critical of them in Queensland.
Member-Deleted

Post by Member-Deleted » 13 Aug 2018, 11:54 am

Ziad wrote:That is a very interesting point gwion. Something that I didn't even click onto.

It was the right wing party with support of the left wing parties that NFA was impacted. But now that it is, it's the left wing that keep it there. Also I'd you look at America.. and look at australia... most of the vocal majority of shooters would identify themselves as right wing .....( maybe even far right wing I'd you look at trump support base)

In Australia I haven't heard the right wing of liberal ever mention guns

From what I have seen, more shooters and farmers would identify with the position of the right of politics than those of the left, as for fishers, who knows, the one sure thing is both major sides of politics want to disarm as many licensed shooters as they can, in Queensland the LNP crossed the floor twice last year to vote with labor against the interests of shooters and farmers on firearm bills.

The only thing I can say is, we are getting a raw deal from both major sides of politics, if people want to change this, they need to stop voting for the major parties, the best thing voters, especially shooters and farmers can do is, support the pro shooting and farming minor parties and put them ahead of the major parties when voting.

At least in Queensland the SFFP is talking to the KAP and ONP, we share many common objectives and are happy to work together to reduce the stranglehold duopoly of the major parties.
Member-Deleted

Post by bigrich » 13 Aug 2018, 1:51 pm

Gwion wrote:
bigrich wrote:

Spot on. If any real change is going to effected in this country, it will be by diverse group of people working together; not by one party or another pretending they know best. It is the flawed and out moded systeem that is to blame for the poor leadership this country faces as well as the population's laziness and apathy when it comes to adressing issues both large and small. Just choosing a party to follow will never truely represent the nation or achieve what's best for it.

+1000 :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 14 Aug 2018, 7:28 pm

there have been HEAPS of hand grenades thrown in sweden (they come via the balkans)

for example:

26 January, Malmö, a hand grenade was thrown into the window of a family's home in Seved. Thought to have been thrown by the assailants into a mistaken apartment, the family of three were said by police to have likely survived only because the father managed to close the bedroom door in time.[14]
15 April, Malmö, a grenade exploded outside a restaurant in Adelgatan.[14]
6 May, Malmö, one man was severely injured after a grenade was thrown into his apartment on Estlandsgatan. The grenade was thought by police to have been thrown into a mistaken apartment by the assailants.[14]
19 May, Malmö, a grenade exploded in Seved damaging eight cars and several buildings.[14]

7 February, Sollentuna, a grenade exploded in the stairwell of an apartment block in Edsberg.[26]
23 April, Malmö, a restaurant was damaged after a hand grenade exploded in Adelgatan.[27]
21 May, Uppsala, two hand grenades exploded after being thrown into the nightclub Birger Jarl.[28][29]
12 June, Malmö, two passers-by were injured when a grenade exploded in Rasmusgatan in Seved.[30][31]
16 June, Malmö, an explosion occurred in Almgården near Rosengård.[31]
20 June, Malmö, two live grenades were thrown at an apartment building in Kroksbäck, but failed to detonate. 60 people were evacuated.[31][32]
13 July, Malmö, a hand grenade exploded outside a family residence in Augustenborg.[30][31]
15 July, Malmö, a grenade exploded near a residence in Arlöv.[30]
17 July, Malmö, three cars were damaged after an explosion in Branteviksgatan.[15]
21 July, Malmö, one man was injured after a grenade exploded outside a community hall on Norra Grängesbergsgatan.[30][31]
23 July, Malmö, a grenade exploded under a car in Limhamn, damaging nearby cars and buildings.[30]
24 July, Malmö, a grenade exploded at a social office and damaged nearby cars.[30][33]
26 July, Malmö, a grenade exploded at a parking lot in Värnhem, damaging ten cars and shattering several house windows.[30][34][35]
5 August, Trelleborg, a hand grenade exploded after being thrown into a social office.[30][36]
9 August, Malmö, a hand grenade exploded in a residential area in Möllevången, with thirty windows shattered in the blast.[30][37]
20 August, Botkyrka, a hand grenade exploded after being thrown at a police van with four police officers inside in Tumba.[3][38]
11 September, Borås, a hand grenade exploded in a residential area in Hässleholmen, shattering several windows.[39]
13 October, Gothenburg, a grenade exploded in Biskopsgården damaging six apartments.[3][40][41]
11 November, Landskrona, the exterior of a house and several cars were damaged in a hand grenade attack.[42]
2 December, Uppsala, a hand grenade exploded in the nightclub Birger Jarl.[28][29]
27 December, Helsingborg, a nightclub in Bruksgatan received extensive damages in a bombing.[3]

27 January, Landskrona, several cars were damaged and windows shattered after a hand grenade exploded in Tränggatan.[43][44]
12 February, Gothenburg, two grenades exploded within nine minutes in apartments in two different locations (Lunden and Angered).[45]
22 March, Uppsala, a hand grenade exploded after being thrown into an apartment balcony.[28]
28 March, Stockholm, two hand grenades exploded in central Stockholm, damaging the entrances and exterior of a nightclub and restaurants.[46]
6 April, Stockholm, a grenade exploded after being thrown into a restaurant in Jakobsberg.[47]
11 April, Uppsala, one man was hospitalised after a grenade he held exploded at a parking lot in Stenhagen.[28]
17 April, Landskrona, a hand grenade exploded after being thrown into an apartment, possibly against a casual target.[3][43]
18 May, Malmö, a hand grenade caused extensive damages after being thrown at a villa in Fosie, likely against a casual target.[3][43][48][49]
7 June, Botkyrka, a hand grenade exploded in central Fittja.[50]
7 June, Botkyrka, one man was wounded by shrapnel after a grenade exploded outside an office building in Slagsta.[51]
23 June, Tomelilla, a hand grenade exploded outside a villa.[43]
24 June, Uppsala, a hand grenade exploded in a pizza restaurant.[28]
9 July, Sollentuna, a grenade exploded while automatic weapons were fired in a residential area, amid four local shootouts in two days.[1][52][53]
12 July, Botkyrka, a grenade exploded after being thrown under a parked car in Tumba.[54]
28 July, Malmö, a hand grenade exploded in an apartment after several assailants had kicked in the door.[43]
22 August, Gothenburg, a hand grenade exploded in an apartment in Biskopsgården, killing an 8-year-old child Yuusuf Warsame from Birmingham, England. The attack was connected to an ongoing feud between members of Gothenburg’s Somali community,[55][56] as a person who was sentenced for the 2015 Gothenburg pub shooting is registered at the address.[57]
4 September, Gothenburg, one or two grenades exploded on the apartment balcony of an elderly disabled man, creating a hole and blasting out several windows. The grenade was thought by police to have been thrown indiscriminately at the apartment in a gang-area.[58][59]
23 October, Malmö, a hand grenade exploded nearby a garage and a car in Husie.[60]
28 October, Landskrona, a hand grenade exploded in a pizza restaurant.[61]
11 November, Malmö, a hand grenade exploded after being thrown at a car rental company, situated adjacent to a gas station.[62]
15 November, Västerås, a hand grenade exploded in a hair salon. The attack was thought to be part of extortion.[63]
21 November, Ängelholm, a grenade exploded near an apartment block, blasting out several windows.[64]
30 November, Solna, a hand grenade exploded after being thrown into an apartment balcony where a person was standing in the kitchen. The person got out of the apartment unharmed, while the balcony was wrecked and several windows were shattered. The event is linked to gang crime.[65]
15 December, Gothenburg, a hand grenade exploded causing damage to two apartments in Biskopsgården.[66]

1 January, Katrineholm, a grenade was thrown at the local police station. The entrance, several windows and three cars parked nearby were damaged.[67]
13 February, Södertälje, a hand grenade exploded in a residential area, where an entrepreneur who had recently been extorted had their offices.[68]
28 February, Malmö, one person was wounded by shrapnel and hospitalised after a grenade exploded outside a residence in Lindängen.[69]
11 April, Linköping, a hand grenade was thrown onto a balcony.[70]
7 July, Stockholm, a hand grenade exploded in a shop in a residential area in Spånga.[71]
21 July, Uppsala, a hand grenade exploded in a restaurant.[72]
23 July, Halmstad, a hand grenade exploded in a parking lot and damaged five cars.[73]
2 September, Märsta, a hand grenade exploded in a restaurant. No people were injured.[74]
6 September, Stockholm, a hand grenade exploded in a residential building in Östermalm.[75]
18 September, Gothenburg, a hand grenade exploded after being thrown at an apartment in Biskopsgården.[76]
28 September, Varberg, a hand grenade exploded damaging a villa in central Varberg.[77]
13 October, Malmö, a hand grenade exploded in a residential building.[78]
18 October, Helsingborg, a hand grenade destroyed the entrance of the local police station. Forty windows were blown out in the explosion.[79]
21 October, Stockholm, a hand grenade exploded by a car in central Solna.[80]
27 November, Uppsala, a hand grenade was thrown at a police car outside the local police station. No people were injured, but several cars were damaged in the explosion. One suspect was arrested.[81][82]
3 December, Gothenburg, a grenade exploded outside a family home in Hisingen.[83]

7 January, Stockholm, a man in his 60s was killed and a 45-year-old woman was injured after a grenade exploded outside the Vårby gård metro station. The grenade which was accidentally picked up by the man had been abandoned at the side of the path.[84][85]
21 January, Gothenburg, a hand grenade exploded after being thrown through the window into a house in Biskopsgården in which seven people were present. The attack was linked to gang conflicts involving several grenade attacks between rival gangs in December the previous year.[86][87]
8 February, Stockholm, windows were blasted out and a car was damaged when a hand grenade exploded outside the home of a bank employee reported to be involved in uncovering fraud cases and assisting police in cases linked to heavy organised crime.[88]
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by bigrich » 14 Aug 2018, 8:03 pm

that's a lot of 'orrible grenade attacks BFS 'ole mate. i gotta ask what it's got to do with this post but. or is that the point. talking politics is like throwing a grenade into a room ? ;) :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Previous

Return to Firearms related media and politics