7 News - Hunting QLD State Forest

Shooting in the news and political arena.

7 News - Hunting QLD State Forest

Post by JimTom » 07 Oct 2018, 6:37 pm

Anyone just watch the 7 news story on hunting in QLD State Forests?
Presented the facts as they are. Actually quite a positive story. Seems the movement to hunt in State Forest is gaining momentum.
One can only hope.
Shoot straight you bastards, don’t make a mess of it!!
JimTom
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

-

Re: 7 News - Hunting QLD State Forest

Post by Sam45 » 07 Oct 2018, 6:47 pm

Yep just watched it! Not too bad.Fingers crossed :)
Sam45
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by dazz1975 » 08 Oct 2018, 5:09 am

dazz1975
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 08 Oct 2018, 7:33 am

very positive, unbiased news story. i'm praying hard that this gets up. making sure potential licence holders DO have the right attitude is a key issue. the last thing i want to see is a bunch of yahoos with booze shooting up the place and causing problems. heard a story at my local gunshop about a property owner at warwick finding his fence posts chainsawed so poachers could get on his block. he confronted them and was assulted. he didn't get the number plate, but i hope the cops catch those f@#%wits . bit of that happening in other areas too i'm told . that's bin a bit of a issue for me to get onto property closer to home, all it takes is one idiot to ruin it for the rest of us :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
bigrich
Major
Major

Queensland

Post by Daddybang » 08 Oct 2018, 8:19 am

Great to see this is gaining traction and so far haven't seen a really negative article.. :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Gaznazdiak » 08 Oct 2018, 12:06 pm

Daddybang wrote:Great to see this is gaining traction and so far haven't seen a really negative article.. :drinks:

It's a bit like the article about the feral deer, DB, farmers can complain about the damage they do until they're blue in the face and little gets done, but once the slickers in Sydney start hitting a few on the road, suddenly it's a problem for them so finally there's some talk of action. :roll:
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Major
Major

New South Wales

Post by bigrich » 08 Oct 2018, 3:45 pm

Gaznazdiak wrote:
Daddybang wrote:Great to see this is gaining traction and so far haven't seen a really negative article.. :drinks:

It's a bit like the article about the feral deer, DB, farmers can complain about the damage they do until they're blue in the face and little gets done, but once the slickers in Sydney start hitting a few on the road, suddenly it's a problem for them so finally there's some talk of action. :roll:

that sounds about right. on sevens FB page i found the next story interesting. a young girl in sweden found a 1000 year old viking sword in mud in a lake , still in it's scabbard . the stories that thing could tell..... :thumbsup:
bigrich
Major
Major

Queensland

Post by Gaznazdiak » 08 Oct 2018, 6:41 pm

Yeah, it would be fascinating growing up with all that history under your feet eh?
Go for a walk with a metal detector and your virtually bound to trip of something interesting, although living around Messines in Belgium would be a worry, after one of the 50,000lb WW1 mines spontaneously detonated in 1955, apparently theres 1 or 2 more buried in the area but the records were lost
:crazy:
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Major
Major

New South Wales

Post by AZZA'S HJ47 » 08 Oct 2018, 9:55 pm

Need to get the petition to 10k will be hard to ignore with those sort of numbers. Most of my mates are over seeing me forward the links lol
Why So Serious?
Sako Varmint Stainless 243
Marlin 917v Stainless
Lithgow La101 .22
1917 BSA 303 (ted)
Finnish Vkt 1944 M39
Tikka T3X Super Varmint Satinless 223
Marlin 1895 SBL 45-70
Howa 1500 Stainless 308
BSA CF2 222 Remington
Colt 1911 9mm
AZZA'S HJ47
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by RoginaJack » 10 Oct 2018, 3:23 pm

Yep, was gog-smacked with the news report - no crap, just facts Danno, just give me the facts stuff.... :lol:
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Daddybang » 23 Nov 2018, 3:21 pm

Petition hit 10k today!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :drinks:
Lets keep the pressure on'em! Start emailing ya local mp and make'em take notice!!!:D :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by magnum56 » 26 Nov 2018, 1:58 pm

Given the fact that both labor and the LNP are committed to disarming and restricting us further, unless we get some of our own people into parliament, all the debating in the world will mean nothing, the petition, which is a great initiative, can get 10,000 signatures, yet only 1000 of Queensland shooters and hunters are committed enough to do what it takes to get shooting people into parliament and join the QLD SFFP, unless we are in a position to either in our own right or, with the KAP, hold the balance of power, this is unlikely to get past the debate process.

The QLD SFFP is now a registered political party in Queensland, so we can now contest the next state election, if we can get enough support from shooters, fishers, farmers and others, we intend to stand candidates in as many seats a possible, the more candidates we can muster, the greater the chance of getting more of our people into parliament, which means we can fight for things like public land hunting.
There is only one thing worse than a green, two of the bludgers.
magnum56
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Return to Media and politics