The Looney Left's (America) Utopia, in 2018.

News and events in the media and political arena relating to firearms.

Re: The Looney Left's (America) Utopia, in 2018.

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 18 Nov 2018, 4:41 pm

All good mate, in that case we just reading from the same book... probably just in different languages.
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 18 Nov 2018, 9:28 pm

one of the highest costs for australian families is child care. a lot of the time the costs for childcare for two kids almost eqauls what some people earn in a week. i new a fella who worked as a bus driver in that industry, some of the stuff that goes on is just wrong, and mate there should be a enquiry into that industry. the people who own those businesses are making big bucks. two big reasons why businesses move offshore , unions pushing wages up to uncompetitive levels, and the madness that is OHS .
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 18 Nov 2018, 10:01 pm

yes bigrich you're right about the OHS when I was contracting in the mines a top staffer told me that they received money from the gov
for not having any accidents on site
He didn't give me any dollar amount of its worth but did say it was substantial enough to implement the ''NO HARM BONUS'' into the industry
which has now spread into many areas of the work places and businesses
No harm or accidents on the work site meant a large cash hand out to the company

As far as the child care goes I agree , My son put his daughter into day care @$50 per day then they uped the price$20 or something which was now around $70
a day and if your child didn't go on a day you still had to pay the reason they gave was ''you booked in for 5 days in the beginning and that's it ''
Daylight robbery if you ask me they've cut it back to 3 days a week this term and me and the mrs look after her for the rest
Member-Deleted

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 18 Nov 2018, 10:53 pm

Well sorry guys, childcare you don't paint the full picture. Yes it's expensive, and if you live inner city its highway robbery, but the are centers that are reasonable quality of care and costs in outer middle suburbs (I have 3 kids which went childcare, so I suppose I have first hand experience). Also you get truck load of subsidies, in our time there were two different payments, now it's one, but still works out upto 80% of the fees are subsidized depending on income. Eg a family of two kids where the family earns 100k a year, and taking the 70 bucks per day per kid example from GDB, let's assume both kids goto childcare for 5 days a week. Even though the cost are $700 per week the family will only have to pay $208 out of pocket.

There are plenty of costs that are high, but depends on what the personal income is. What I see as killer is rent, tolls, petrol taxes, parking costs, and ofcourse alcohol and cigarettes for those who partake in those activities. Then add indirect taxes, like council fees, fines esp road fines. And OH&S costs.

These are more under control of the government but they are addicted to the revenue.
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by PoorShot300 » 18 Nov 2018, 11:06 pm

Subsidies from the Gov't still come from the taxpayer, so indirect tax as part of income tax is why it's so high...ie; you still pay twice.
PoorShot300
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 18 Nov 2018, 11:48 pm

I see what you mean Ziad but $208 out of a single income is still a load of money
Member-Deleted

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 19 Nov 2018, 5:58 am

Agreed, as I said depends on situation. Esp if single parent, it would be really hard.
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Daddybang » 19 Nov 2018, 8:56 am

Daycare is highway robbery any way ya look at it. I've currently got my daughter in and can only just afford it with a fairly decent household income. The subsidies cover f@#kall. :thumbsup: :drinks:

Ps and I don't live in any inner f@#kin city :thumbsup:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Homer » 03 Dec 2018, 7:36 am

G'Day Fella's,

Whilst this following video, is USA based, the same applies to the rest of the free (while it lasts) planet.
https://www.facebook.com/WorldCloudLA/v ... 233142195/

D'oh!
Homer
Homer
Corporal
Corporal

Australian Capital Territory

Post by Member-Deleted » 03 Dec 2018, 8:46 am

Well Homer that sounds like it's ringing true who would know but going by that we're done for in a round about way
maybe that's why all those preppers are getting under way over in the US of A nothing is short of possible this day and age
with the arse holes we have running the countries now but what does one do aside from all out war
maybe Trump isn't so bad after all trying to bring people together again ''Make America great again'' slogan
People have lost the power to turn the tides without conflict now days they have lost many rights, many rights in the courts
too expensive for some laws being placed removing the rights of people to choose governments turning their eye to corruption
the gov being corrupt themselves in areas and the list goes on
But on another note who's to say that that bloke is not a plant also so then we're feked if we do and feked if we don't
Jesus where's that roll of tin foil
Member-Deleted

Previous

Return to Firearms related media and politics